Lee Corso

It's not Corso's decision to make--or his family's--and it shouldn't be. People vastly more talented than Corso get phased out of their jobs because of their age (age discrimation) all the time. I guess if your role as always been to be the show clown, getting into your 80s and maybe even having a touch of dementia doesn't really hurt your ability to be clownish--might even enhance it in a crazy way. I doubt that there are many people lined up to take over Corso's clown role, which may be why he's still doing his silly thing.
Gah did he hurt you or somethin?

Reactions: chattaboogie
This is probably the only cool thing ESPN has done for any of its personnel. The ESPN MO is to unceremoniously dump the talent that helped create the sports broadcasting empire. Remember the Chris Berman treatment? I like the way they put forth the effort to construct one heck of a set in his own backyard. Yea, we all saw what it was today... sad. But at least the guy still gets to do what he loves. The effort put forth by ESPN to include the man may be the only redeeming thing I have ever seen from the ultra woke network.

Let Corso stay on till he’s 90 slobbering and mumbling his way through every broadcast. We might actually see him have another stroke on live TV.

Reactions: DooleyOrangePants
He made the show what it is today—but it has become pretty bloated. I’m glad they still try to include him and not cast him aside like most Americans do to older people. He earned the right to continue to be on air as long as he/his family deem it to be okay. I have been very critical of ESPN but kudos to them for having the backbone to allow him to continue in some form.
If you can’t perform your job correctly, you shouldn’t do it over somebody that can do it better

He’s as old as Elvis and Majors. Is Gene Stallings still alive ? I know we have lost alot of the older coaches from my childhood.

my vote for Corso's replacement...

R.40cb5b8838e910020248313541fd08d9

I felt so bad, I had to turn it. It’s hard to watch the fella’s decline. I’ve always liked watching him.
It’s sad. Been watching him on there since I was 11 I’m 43 now so he’s been a lifelong staple of college football entertainment for me but it’s time for him to step down.

Okay fire away Volnation, I respect the man, respect his knowledge and his love for the game. Let him do his best for as long as he can. I’ll take him all day over dumbo-weasel Finebaum.
Yeah, it’s not hurting anything I think it’s okay if it’s making him happy, it doesn’t really affect anything, even if he is a little feeble minded (I can think of other jobs where this is not a good idea, however).. it is sad, though, he used to be so sharp and cutting

It's not Corso's decision to make--or his family's--and it shouldn't be. People vastly more talented than Corso get phased out of their jobs because of their age (age discrimation) all the time. I guess if your role as always been to be the show clown, getting into your 80s and maybe even having a touch of dementia doesn't really hurt your ability to be clownish--might even enhance it in a crazy way. I doubt that there are many people lined up to take over Corso's clown role, which may be why he's still doing his silly thing.
I'll act like a clown and make myself look like an idiot (Don't have to act like an idiot since it comes naturally to me) for the $ he is paid. I don't have an opinion either way of what he should do but I don't think they would have a hard time finding people to replace him.

Lee Corso was a marketing director for a company in the same industry as the one I worked in.
I met him at a trade show in Orlando a few years ago and we discussed college football for about 20 minutes. It was fun listening to him talk about UT and his ESPN gig.
I still have the autographed photo he gave me.

Lee Corso is either hammered or having a medical emergency on air for College Gameday… I’m honestly worried why no one is stepping in to check on him.
ESPN keeps plugging away with their "old timers" such as Corso and Chris Berman, both of whom should have been put out to pasture 10+ years ago.
ESPN "talent" is pure hot garbage, but SEC fans are stuck with them airing all of our games for the foreseeable future.

I'm a firm believer that you should continue to work as long as possible to maintain mental and physical stamina.

Lee has seemingly reached the point that he should retire quite possibly but that is he and his families' decision to make - along with the ESPN braintrust (oxymoran).
He should have retired about 8 years ago.
That's when you could tell there was a difference in his broadcast ability.

ESPN should be shot

And can we add Dickie V to that request also? Both were well past their prime years ago
I have managed to work out a solution to Corso and Vitale.
I don’t watch either of them. If I happen to be watching and either one of them come on, I mute or change the channel immediately.
This approach has benefited my health remarkably.

He doesn’t hurt anything and honestly, people still associate his name with college football. It’s nostalgia. His colleagues love him and help him out all the time. I’m ok with him staying as long as he wants.

If you're of sound mind.
His brain is simply not functioning at the level it needs for that. And it makes it extra hard on his colleagues that have to see that
knowing that ONE DAY, that could be them.

He needs a pre record his predictions. But he can't be live anymore.

I don't watch gameday anymore because of him. It's horrible to see him struggle. His time has long past

If you're of sound mind.
His brain is simply not functioning at the level it needs for that. And it makes it extra hard on his colleagues that have to see that
knowing that ONE DAY, that could be them.

He needs a pre record his predictions. But he can't be live anymore.

I don't watch gameday anymore because of him. It's horrible to see him struggle. His time has long past
He should’ve hung it up after he had his stroke he hasn’t been the same since.

Reactions: CSVol and LittleVol

VN Store

Back