Lebron/Jordan

The Cavs could have finished as the 8th seed and still swept their way to the finals. Lebron pretends that the regular season means something, but it's clear that he and the Cavs couldn't care less about the regular season.

It's going to be that way until he is past his prime or the rest of the East catches up.

No idea why anybody thinks Lebron is unlikable. I figure they don't care to know much about him if they don't like him or they just need somebody to dislike. He said the wrong thing one time and he raised $2.5M for the Boys & Girls club in the process.

Dude is a class act and considering that he was raised by a single, crazy parent and has been treated like royalty since the age of 14, I'd say that's pretty amazing.

It isn't just because of The Decision, although that's a big part of it. He can be petulant and whiny, he dives a lot (lots of guys do but he's the biggest profile player to do so), he'll make strange passive-aggressive comments about teammates, the "I want to play with my friends on a super team" comment, he got a coach fired because he didn't like him.

He isn't a bad guy whatsoever, but there are plenty of reasons to be irritated by him as a fan.

Reactions: 1 person
Literally every player in the league whines tho. We just choose to hate some and root for others.

What is passive aggressive about saying someday you'd like to play on an old man superteam? Find one person in the league who doesn't want to play with Lebron.

I think everything he does gets blown out of proportion. The local radio guy here in Phoenix was making the Manning referee story into a negative thing. You can literally do this to any player at any time over anything, if you tease things hard enough.

Jordan dominated ...in the regular season and playoffs after about season 6 when hand checking and physical defense was allowed .. Not even close.. Best player hands down

MJ was the king at drawing fouls, actually one of the originators. Did you see Bill Laimbeer's recent quote on the matter? Lebron gets fouled hard every night. If one of the "bad boys" from a time when the NBA was close to matching the NHL physicality wise lol..... says this, you gotta listen.

“I’ll take Lebron James, absolutely,” Laimbeer said to host Etan Thomas on “The Rematch” podcast earlier this month (listen below). “He’s 6-8, 285 (James is listed at 250 pounds). Runs like the wind, jumps out of the gym. Phenomenal leader since he’s been 12 years old. Understood when he came into the league how to involve his teammates from the start. And you can’t guard him. You can’t double-team, he’s too big, he powers through everything. Michael was a guard. Yea, he was 6-6, but he wasn’t a real thick and strong guard. It took him a lot of years to learn how to involve his teammates in order to win championships. Don’t fault him for that, it’s a learning experience. But we’ve never seen anybody like LeBron James physically. He just bullies you."

“LeBron can do anything. Michael couldn’t get all the rebounds. He couldn’t be the assist man like LeBron James can. He was very focused on scoring, a deadly assassin, but the rest of the part of his game, LeBron James is better than Michael Jordan."

I'm not taking it to the bank as FACT bc it's clearly an opinion, but cmon Biopsy, Pippen and Laimbeer comments are revealing. They don't really have a media slant, they are just telling it how they think it is.

Literally every player in the league whines tho. We just choose to hate some and root for others.

What is passive aggressive about saying someday you'd like to play on an old man superteam? Find one person in the league who doesn't want to play with Lebron.

I think everything he does gets blown out of proportion. The local radio guy here in Phoenix was making the Manning referee story into a negative thing. You can literally do this to any player at any time over anything, if you tease things hard enough.

Not true KL is a robot, incapable of showing any emotion. Lol

Chris Bosh count? If so, that was easy. I'm actually betting some of the younger guys that want to be "The guy" wouldn't want to play with him. Wall, Lillard, Russ, Harden, all of the Warriors for examples. I think some guys would much rather beat him than play with him.

LBJ seems to whine more than most it's almost every play, him being so big makes it worse in most fans eyes would be my guess.

MJ was the king at drawing fouls, actually one of the originators. Did you see Bill Laimbeer's recent quote on the matter? Lebron gets fouled hard every night. If one of the "bad boys" from a time when the NBA was close to matching the NHL physicality wise lol..... says this, you gotta listen.

“I’ll take Lebron James, absolutely,” Laimbeer said to host Etan Thomas on “The Rematch” podcast earlier this month (listen below). “He’s 6-8, 285 (James is listed at 250 pounds). Runs like the wind, jumps out of the gym. Phenomenal leader since he’s been 12 years old. Understood when he came into the league how to involve his teammates from the start. And you can’t guard him. You can’t double-team, he’s too big, he powers through everything. Michael was a guard. Yea, he was 6-6, but he wasn’t a real thick and strong guard. It took him a lot of years to learn how to involve his teammates in order to win championships. Don’t fault him for that, it’s a learning experience. But we’ve never seen anybody like LeBron James physically. He just bullies you."

“LeBron can do anything. Michael couldn’t get all the rebounds. He couldn’t be the assist man like LeBron James can. He was very focused on scoring, a deadly assassin, but the rest of the part of his game, LeBron James is better than Michael Jordan."

I'm not taking it to the bank as FACT bc it's clearly an opinion, but cmon Biopsy, Pippen and Laimbeer comments are revealing. They don't really have a media slant, they are just telling it how they think it is.

Grain of salt with both guys, Pip seems resentful sometimes and Laimbeer led the Pistons in walking off the court against the Bulls.

Not true KL is a robot, incapable of showing any emotion. Lol

Chris Bosh count? If so, that was easy. I'm actually betting some of the younger guys that want to be "The guy" wouldn't want to play with him. Wall, Lillard, Russ, Harden, all of the Warriors for examples. I think some guys would much rather beat him than play with him.

LBJ seems to whine more than most it's almost every play, him being so big makes it worse in most fans eyes would be my guess.

You're talking about guys who want to be the man, and my meaning is there are no guys who avoid him because he's a bad teammate.

You're talking about guys who want to be the man, and my meaning is there are no guys who avoid him because he's a bad teammate.

Well that's different, and could be said about a few guys. The answer is still Chris Bosh though.

The comment about wanting to be on a superteam wasn't passive aggressive. I mean the dumb cryptic tweets that were supposedly thinly veiled references to teammates - stuff that the media does blow out of proportion as you say, but LeBron knows the media is going to do what with whatever he says and does it anyway.

Much of any furor over him is largely media-driven, but LeBron is all to happy to throw them the red meat they so badly want.

Grain of salt with both guys, Pip seems resentful sometimes and Laimbeer led the Pistons in walking off the court against the Bulls.

Exactly. Being a Pistons fan, since the day they drafted Isiah, I love Laimbeer. But, Laimbeer, like all the Pistons, can't stand Jordan and never have. So, it's no surprise that he thinks LeBron is the more complete player. I agree, with most of Laimbeer's comments, tho. LeBron's defense is underrated, imo. He is the best, I have ever seen at blocking, breakaway lay-ups.

But, I think if Jordan wanted to average a triple-double, he could have. If Jordan wanted to lead the league in assists, he could have, even in a league with Stockton and Magic. Jordan's will to win was what makes him the greastest player of all time, imo.

Kobe is a dick to everyone, no one wants to play with him, shoots his team out of hundreds of games, misses the playoffs in his prime = "killer instinct"

LeBron flops in one of his 7 straight Finals trips = "he's a joke, he should be more like Kobe"

That's what gets me about the 6-0 Finals thing. Jordan lost in the first round like 3 times, LeBron never has

Just off the top of my head, the Cavs, Pistons, Pacers and Knicks were all better than any Eastern Conference team Lebron has faced. There may even be more.

This is an argument that has no real answer. Totally different eras, styles of play, how each approach the game and most importantly, vastly different rules

Just off the top of my head, the Cavs, Pistons, Pacers and Knicks were all better than any Eastern Conference team Lebron has faced. There may even be more.

There is zero chance in hell that any of the three bolded teams were better than the Big 3 Celtics. The mid-2000s Pistons were probably better than all three of those teams too.

This is an argument that has no real answer. Totally different eras, styles of play, how each approach the game and most importantly, vastly different rules

Lebron smashes them before they even get a chance to become a great team. To become a great team, you have to get to the finals. The raptors, the pacers, the Celtics (recently wizards) of the modern era have had really good regular season records and do work in the playoffs until they meet Lebron. He shuts down any notion of greatness from any other team or player in the East. That's his dominance. Take Lebron out of the game, the East is super competitive and WIDE OPEN every year. Until then, Lebron is going to the finals every year until he retires.

Lebron smashes them before they even get a chance to become a great team. To become a great team, you have to get to the finals. The raptors, the pacers, the Celtics (recently wizards) of the modern era have had really good regular season records and do work in the playoffs until they meet Lebron. He shuts down any notion of greatness from any other team or player in the East. That's his dominance. Take Lebron out of the game, the East is super competitive and WIDE OPEN every year. Until then, Lebron is going to the finals every year until he retires.

That's laughable. So inaccurate and full of conjecture that I can't do anything else. It's not because of Lebron, it's because those teams suck

I'm not going to sit here and continue trying to defend the East. It is what it is. But Lebron beat the best team in the WEST last year. If he does it again this year, especially considering GS with the KD acquisition, what's going to be the next excuse?

That's laughable. So inaccurate and full of conjecture that I can't do anything else. It's not because of Lebron, it's because those teams suck

The Celtics won a championship and went to another one. The 2004-05 Pistons won a championship and went to another one before LeBron beat them by himself in 2007. Both beat Kobe, the Pistons beat Shaq AND Kobe. And you're telling me that the '90s Pacers were better? Because they maybe would have won something without Jordan?

And then you're talking about conjecture from other people?

Last edited:

VN Store

Back