Lauren Cox sets official visits

Strother for certain - wasn't there talk of a minor recruiting violation re Strother? I thought Delle Donne also visited and I know Hartley had UTenn on her list of schools but not sure if she was recruited.

I don't believe there was a recruiting violation during the Strother visit, although, if memory serves me correctly, there was a change to the NCAA regs making a technique that Tennessee used during her visit a violation for subsequent recruiting. Something that usually occurs because some school complains that they don't have the resources to use the same technique and therefore the recruiting "playing field" isn't level, in this case resulting in an advantage to Tennessee.

Jim

I don't believe there was a recruiting violation during the Strother visit, although, if memory serves me correctly, there was a change to the NCAA regs making a technique that Tennessee used during her visit a violation for subsequent recruiting. Something that usually occurs because some school complains that they don't have the resources to use the same technique and therefore the recruiting "playing field" isn't level, in this case resulting in an advantage to Tennessee.

Jim

Fans wearing T Shirts with her baby picture????

How about recruits that UConn lost to UTenn?

I don't know, Daddy Lawson strongly preferred Stanford, I think.

But whatever the recruiting score is between CT and Tennessee, CT measures its recruiting success largely against one powerhouse: Tennessee.

Tennessee, on the other hand, has waged war against all the dynasties down through the years like Old Dominion, LaTech, Southern Cal, Texas, etc., winning its share and losing some.

Additionally, we've experienced heartache and euphoria against our own sister schools in the historically brutal SEC, going head--to-head in recruiting battles for hotly coveted prospects.

Sometimes it's roses, sometimes it's weeds...

To try to magnify the CT/Tennessee recruiting scorecard by these trolls is to try to minimize the profound long-term recruiting accomplishments of Tennessee.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
How about recruits that UConn lost to UTenn?

Alicia Manning, Angie Bjorklund, Ariel Massengale, Nicky Anosike, Semeka Randall, and Chamique Holdsclaw all immediately come to mind. Geno recruited Glory Johnson pretty heavily at one point but she never really seriously considered them. I know they all held offeres from UConn.

Shea Ralph, Caroline Doty, Elena Delle Donne, Maya Moore, Kiah Stokes, Kia Nurse, and Crystal Dangerfield all chose UConn while having UT offers.

Some recruits were basically recruited by everybody but never really considered the other school, like Sue Bird, Diana Taurasi, Breanna Stewart, Candace Parker and Tamika Catchings.

Reactions: 1 person
Swin Cash has said before that had she not gone to UConn, she would have come to Tennessee to play for Pat. Not sure if she chose UConn over Tennessee, but I do remember her saying this at some point.

read her book she was recruited by UConn, she even threatened Pat with it!

Mique did walk out of practice one day and said "I'll go play for Geno, he wouldn't treat me like this". I believe she threatened to leave several times her first year, but Pat was never worried because June wanted her at Tennessee, and if she had actually left to go back to Queens, June would've sent her right back, and June specifically disliked Geno a lot so Pat specifically never took the UConn threats seriously. June wanted her at Tennessee the first time she ever met Pat, similar to how Nicky Anosike's mom wanted her at UT and was never going to let her go anywhere else.

Mique did walk out of practice one day and said "I'll go play for Geno, he wouldn't treat me like this". I believe she threatened to leave several times her first year, but Pat was never worried because June wanted her at Tennessee, and if she had actually left to go back to Queens, June would've sent her right back, and June specifically disliked Geno a lot so Pat specifically never took the UConn threats seriously. June wanted her at Tennessee the first time she ever met Pat, similar to how Nicky Anosike's mom wanted her at UT and was never going to let her go anywhere else.

I never knew that about Holdsclaw!

Her mother signed it. He refused. And acted like a giant d-bag her whole career. IIRC the only game that he attended was her final home game.

Lawson is an impressive woman. Never thought she'd become such an attractive successful lady. She always seemed more of a he woman type when she was at Tennessee-or at least that was my perception of her. Don't mean it disrespectfully but now she seems a lot more feminine. And, that is a very positive thing.

Reactions: 2 people
Lawson is an impressive woman. Never thought she'd become such an attractive successful lady. She always seemed more of a he woman type when she was at Tennessee-or at least that was my perception of her. Don't mean it disrespectfully but now she seems a lot more feminine. And, that is a very positive thing.

she stays clear of Glory...

VN Store

Back