Latest on the football portal

Great info but, I think you forgot their GPAs!! Lord knows we need that info before we can grab a player from the Portal.

Still lot of movement happening. Still a lot of movement to be determined.

Those names in red (who transferred in and are already transferring out, if I understood correctly)... there's probably a book there for some enterprising sports journalist who can gain the trust to dig deep into those guys' expectations, mindset, experience, personality, family situation, etc.

Such a book could be very helpful for other kids down the road, and might better inform legislators and congressmen who want to restore sanity from the top down.

Thank you for all the information you organize and post, LWSVOL. The fans who appreciate it the most are also probably the least likely to post their appreciation, while some of the most vocal resent the intrusion of data into their opinion space. IMHO.

Reactions: Gandalf and LWSVOL
Still lot of movement happening. Still a lot of movement to be determined.

Thanks for compiling the info to digest during football offseason! Seems Vols have the fewest transfers out of any SEC team. Maybe that speaks to the program's stability and appeal!

Reactions: BruisedOrange
Thanks for compiling the info to digest during football offseason! Seems Vols have the fewest transfers out of any SEC team. Maybe that speaks to the program's stability and appeal!
True, I like that part. I'm a little surprised we've been so quiet since the 2nd window opened. I hope that means the coaches are really happy with our secondary and oline play/depth. It worries me, but I'm not there seeing what they see

Reactions: utnut1
The absurdity of a wide open transfer portal is most glaring when one looks at the number of players leaving each school. Heck, and this is just for the SEC. Geez!

Looking at that chart convinces me even more a player should get one free transfer and only a second if the head coach is fired or moves on. Any more transfers should require sitting out a year.

True, I like that part. I'm a little surprised we've been so quiet since the 2nd window opened. I hope that means the coaches are really happy with our secondary and oline play/depth. It worries me, but I'm not there seeing what they see
why are you surprised?

With the fewest leaving, that also means we have the least amount of room to bring anyone in. and remember we are also going to continue being down 2 scholarships for a couple more years.

The absurdity of a wide open transfer portal is most glaring when one looks at the number of players leaving each school. Heck, and this is just for the SEC. Geez!

Looking at that chart convinces me even more a player should get one free transfer and only a second if the head coach is fired or moves on. Any more transfers should require sitting out a year.
I also think there needs to be contracts adopted. Unlimited transfers with immediate eligibility is a bad thing imo.

It's not absurd. It's compliant with federal law and the injunction in the Ohio vs NCAA case.

I also think there needs to be contracts adopted. Unlimited transfers with immediate eligibility is a bad thing imo.
I thought I read that scholarships are year to year and not always 4 years.
Needs to be guaranteed for 2yrs and if you take the scholarship you can't transfer for 2yr outside of coach change or some major controversy
Unlimited transfers, may as well just watch NFL, at least you know the key people are going to be there
May as well go ahead an get the party started, players are going to be employees

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
I thought I read that scholarships are year to year and not always 4 years.
Needs to be guaranteed for 2yrs and if you take the scholarship you can't transfer for 2yr outside of coach change or some major controversy
Unlimited transfers, may as well just watch NFL, at least you know the key people are going to be there
May as well go ahead an get the party started, players are going to be employees

The federal injunction in the State of Ohio vs NCAA case prevents the NCAA from interfering with athletes transfers in any way.
It prevents the NCAA from penalizing individuals that transfer, or making them sit out. It prevents any punitive actions against schools that takes transfer players.

The athletes are legally entitled to transfer just like any other college student.

"The NCAA is not above the law".

SCOTUS Justice Kavanaugh in his concurring opinion in NCAA vs Alston. The NCAA lost that one 9-0 based on the 1890 Sherman Antitrust Act.

Reactions: LouderVol

VN Store

Back