Latest from TOS on Scotty

LOL...I am not sure how Bernard King, Ernie Grunfeld, Dale Ellis, Reggie Johnson, Ron Widby, Jimmy England, Tony White, Dyron Nix and Allan Houston ever found the court without Bruce Pearl as head coach.

C'mon, you should give posts like this a rest. Pearl did some great things for UT, yet he is NOT UT basketball. There was plenty of tradition before him and there will be plenty after.

Come on Short, you know we can't possibly have a winning basketball program with anyone but Pearl as coach.

Scottie Hopson has lost his mind if he thinks he's a solid first round draft pick.

There is nothing more I can add to my feelings about it.

I have read ZERO NBA mock drafts showing SH go in the 1st Round. If he thinks he can make it and will be drafted I wish him all the luck in the world. However, he had better learn how to start playing some "D" or he will be buried in the D-League or fill in the blank overseas league.

Can we please not have this thread turn into another Pearl vs the program thread. I hope Scotty does go in the first round with TH. That would be a great acheivement for UT basketball and Scotty has as much raw talent as anyone in this draft and I firmly believe that if he chooses to look at being in the NBA as a full time job and works out hard every day and hones his skill he has a chance at being an NBA starter on more than one team in the league within 2 years. There are a lot of teams that could use a 6'6"-6'7" guard with his athleticism. If he wants to be a defensive stopper, which he should strive for, he has the potential to be a shut-down defender. Key word, as has always been the case with Scotty, is POTENTIAL. Should he work hard enough, he has everything a player could want

Can we please not have this thread turn into another Pearl vs the program thread.

Agreed. If those that keep throwing jabs would take the high road, it'd be nice. The ones that keep saying UT ball is toast for the future, will continue to look like fools. When they both keep going back and forth, both sides look foolish. It's done. Leave it alone.

I think by winning, I am assuming they meant that we would continue to win at a high level, not just maintain a .500 or better record. Nit picking IMO

My point is that UT Basketball is in a state of flux right now because of the loss of personnel AND the coaching transition. I just hope Cuonzo doesn't flux it up.

Expect a warning from the mods for creative cursing Ed...

Next year is going to be rough, I don't think anyone expects it to be easy. The 2012 and beyond is what we should be looking forward to regarding success in the Men's bball program.

VN Store

Back