Last Chance U

finished season 2 last night. to be as self aware of himself as stephens is, it's incredibly frustrating to watch him act the same way he always does. i think he put some effort in earl on, and i'm fine with the "call it like you see it" attitude, but at some point, you gotta learn to be able to do that, and then throw your arm around the kid's neck and talk to him, and listen.

given why these kids wind up in a place like Scooba, MS, and what their real aspirations are, how many of those kids really care about getting Buddy another juco natty? they're there for a singular purpose.

that said, it's not like they're all treating the opportunity provided with the proper attention. CAm and Isiah just didn't get it. and i wouldn't want Cam on my team, period. Isiah i think you could reach him, but i don't think enough effort was put in to doing that.

best coach on that show is the OC and DL coach. leaders.

and i was impressed with Johnson as well. really seemed humbled, and just went to work and quickly became a leader on that team. hate what he did, but you gotta respect him for handling it the way he has thus far, owning it, taking the accountability and doing the work to get back to where he wants to be....knowing there were no guarantees.

finished season 2 last night. to be as self aware of himself as stephens is, it's incredibly frustrating to watch him act the same way he always does. i think he put some effort in earl on, and i'm fine with the "call it like you see it" attitude, but at some point, you gotta learn to be able to do that, and then throw your arm around the kid's neck and talk to him, and listen.

given why these kids wind up in a place like Scooba, MS, and what their real aspirations are, how many of those kids really care about getting Buddy another juco natty? they're there for a singular purpose.

that said, it's not like they're all treating the opportunity provided with the proper attention. CAm and Isiah just didn't get it. and i wouldn't want Cam on my team, period. Isiah i think you could reach him, but i don't think enough effort was put in to doing that.

best coach on that show is the OC and DL coach. leaders.

and i was impressed with Johnson as well. really seemed humbled, and just went to work and quickly became a leader on that team. hate what he did, but you gotta respect him for handling it the way he has thus far, owning it, taking the accountability and doing the work to get back to where he wants to be....knowing there were no guarantees.

I agree about Johnson..I hope he does well at FAU. I just don't understand the people who think a person's life should be destroyed by one obvious outlier incident.

Last edited:
I agree about Johnson..I hope he does well at DAY. I just don't understand the people who think a person's life should be destroyed by one obvious outlier incident.

well, as they portrayed in the series, it may not necessarily be what they think of him individually, but the reaction it generates bringing him on campus after such a high profile, and highly visible violent act against a woman. you heard stephens tell the recruiter from Temple....no one wants to be the first to offer, but once it happens, then they'll start coming....but let someone else break the ice and take point on the backlash.

there's a lot of considerations to be made, and the bottom line, once he did what he did, he removed control of the direction of his career from his own hands.

well, as they portrayed in the series, it may not necessarily be what they think of him individually, but the reaction it generates bringing him on campus after such a high profile, and highly visible violent act against a woman. you heard stephens tell the recruiter from Temple....no one wants to be the first to offer, but once it happens, then they'll start coming....but let someone else break the ice and take point on the backlash.

there's a lot of considerations to be made, and the bottom line, once he did what he did, he removed control of the direction of his career from his own hands.
I agree, and I also think some jackasses don't deserve the extra chances they are given.

I agree, and I also think some jackasses don't deserve the extra chances they are given.

oh, i was done with kam carter. and when isaiah fair caught that on the one, and then acted like it was someone else's fault....

mercy. there's a reason some of these kids wound up in scooba. at some point....take the horse to water, and he's got to make up his mind to drink. guess it depends on how thirsty you are....

Isaiah Wright and Cam Patrick being charged with the stabbing murder in Alcoa a couple of months ago. My wife knew the guy that was killed.

I did not see that coming. I wonder why it took so long to arrest them, the other 2 guys were arrested weeks ago

VN Store

Back