Lane Kiffin says security wanted him to wear bulletproof vest

You sir are not part of the world we live in today.

No one will fly a jet into a building.
No one will blow up a federal building in the heart land.
No one would even think of walking into an elementary school shooting anything that moves.

Get the picture???

Believe it or not, there are people who think all of that was staged. But since we chose between Donald and Hillary, I'm not sure I want to get the picture anymore.

Why would we want Huntsville?:ermm:

I have some relatives who lived there and would like for them to live in my State. They were close; not much farther than the distance between Greenback and Vonore. Plus, the Space Center is there.

Why would we want Huntsville?:ermm:

Huntsville is a nice town. Nothing at all like Alabama. It's a lot like an extension of Tennessee.

I think all the smart folks working at the space center raised the town's average IQ by like, 100 or so, and that's why. :)

Reactions: 3 people
This is not unusual at all in many situations like this. Of course no one was going to shoot Lane but if I’m in charge Of security I would have wanted him to wear one as well. LIABILITY that PD’s everywhere have to deal with hourly. Just suppose in your wildest imagination had something happened the first screaming idiotic cry would have been at security, police etc and the incompetence that must exist because they didn’t make him wear a bullet proof vest....this is the atmosphere we live in...Blame the wrong people!

Last edited:
This is not unusual at all in many situations like this. Of course no one was going to shoot Lane but if I’m in charge Of security I would have wanted him to wear one as well. LIABILITY that PD’s everywhere have to deal with hourly. Just suppose in your wildest imagination had something happened the first screaming idiotic cry would have been at security, police etc and the incompetence that must exist because they didn’t make him wear a bullet proof vest....this is the atmosphere we live in...Blame the wrong people!

KB gonna fire your ass for just suggesting it. Lulz.

Reactions: 5 people

e1b54e90-361c-0133-09ff-0e76e5725d9d.gif

He would have been a way better hire than Pruitt. He could have come home and righted everything while getting us to winning immediately.

Amazing that between Fulmer and Kiffin, the sheep blame Kiffin for destroying the program, but welcome Fulmer back with open arms, when the truth is that there is no Kiffin hire if Fulmer had not driven us in the ditch.

That's Tennessee football fans for you.

I have some relatives who lived there and would like for them to live in my State. They were close; not much farther than the distance between Greenback and Vonore. Plus, the Space Center is there.

OK, I get it. No state income tax for them would be a plus too. If only we could to trade them Ten Mile or Lewisburg, we might come out ahead.

Amazing that between Fulmer and Kiffin, the sheep blame Kiffin for destroying the program, but welcome Fulmer back with open arms, when the truth is that there is no Kiffin hire if Fulmer had not driven us in the ditch.

Well, if Fulmer sent you some free donuts, you might be on board with him too. No, he didn't send me any, so he can take his black shoes and stuff em.

A sheep truth for sure. Now, be careful Rasputin. The truth isn't welcome unless it praises the one receiving it and those s/he cares about. Or denigrates someone else or those uncared for. In such cases facts are anthema and lies are preferred. And that existed long before Trumpism emerged. So be careful. Some sheep sneak. Knowuitmen? [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9IXjNGDQnA[/youtube]

Last edited:
He would have been a way better hire than Pruitt. He could have come home and righted everything while getting us to winning immediately.

I'd prefer you not say "home". You have to build your home before you can call it "home".

Simply my thoughts

Fulmer also won the only NC that the majority of the current fanbase will ever witness. The man bleeds orange. Kiffin treated us like some middling G5 program then left us at the alter.

Reactions: 7 people
Lol, maybe somewhere else but not Tennessee. Besides the only success the man has had as a coach came recently in FL.

I am not one to hate ex's but I sure as heck won't have them back.

and why do you think NOT Tennessee? He would have had a lot more to work with here than FAU. He would have won immediately because he is a football coach and the players love him.

Give it another year or to, then we will have him to look forward to meeting him at least every other year but I am afraid we will see him every year. He will be a coach in the SEC and he will be a very successful coach in the SEC.

I'm with those in the pro Kiffin camp. We shoulda hired him if at all possible. We didn't and we will pay many times down the road!

Reactions: 1 person
ans so it goes Kiffin cared little about our traditions. Neither do the 18-19 year old kids on the field. It's all about instant gratification now days. See the kids and the video games--they only care about the moment. It's us old farts who remember the history and talk about it. So Beaty Feathers beat Bama on a spectacular run back seventy-five years ago? These kids today know nothing nor do they care about ancient history. They want to win and they want a leader they can follow. That's what Lane Kiffin gives them.

You sir are not part of the world we live in today.

No one will fly a jet into a building.
No one will blow up a federal building in the heart land.
No one would even think of walking into an elementary school shooting anything that moves.

Get the picture???

Slightly over dramatic there aren’t you champ? All Kiffin got were some 4 letter words and a few signs. Beef up his security detail, that was understandable..... but there was and continues to be zero reason to have had him wear a Kevlar vest or enter the stadium in an armored vehicle.

Btw, both Kiffin and the author of the article thought the idea was over the top and ridiculous, and they were right.

Last edited:
Looks more like you're trying hard to ship Tuscaloosa, one coach at a time.

No idea what you mean using "ship" in that way. You can ship freight, but what do you mean by shipping a town (or maybe by Tuscaloosa you mean the university, the football program)? Seems to make no sense. Typo?

But (guessing at what you might have meant) one thing's for sure: the back and forth of coaches between the two programs seems to be at a high point. Going both ways. Kiffin from Vols to Bama, with a disastrous USCw stop in between. Pruitt+ from Bama to Tennessee. Butch from Tennessee to Bama.

I don't know that the cross fertilization of the two programs has ever been more robust.

There's another SEC rivalry, the history of which could inform the Tennessee coaching discussion - Auburn vs Georgia. Vince Dooley is a son of Alabama, born in Mobile. He played and coached football at Auburn. In 1964, the Auburn assistant coach was hired to be the head football coach at UGA. He served in that role for 25 years. His teams compiled a record of 201-77-10 and were SEC champions 6 times and national champions once. Pat Dye was born in Blythe, Georgia and later played football at UGA. After a brief tenure in the CFL, he coached at Alabama, East Carolina, and Wyoming before accepting the HC job at Auburn in 1981. His teams went 99–39–4. Both Dooley and Dye served as AD at their respective schools.

CJP is an Alabamian. He played football with the Crimson Tide. He coached at Alabama. Now, he's the HC of Bama's traditional rival, Tennessee. I hope that he has great success. I hope that he has a long tenure. I hope that his kids grow up Big Orange fans. I hope that UT and Knoxville become his home such that he will decline an offer to be HC of his alma mater should one come in the future (Dooley turned down Auburn in '81).

Kiffin? I do not care for the burden of wishing him ill. I hope that his character improves over time. If he visits Knoxville and UT, show him hospitality. Don't ever offer him another job at UT. He doesn't deserve it.

Now, y'all have fun chewing' the fat, ya hear?

Now, there is a former Kiffin who should be welcome in Knoxville. Layla.
LAYLA-KIFFIN-1.jpg

Visit anytime. Wear orange. It becomes you.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back