Lane Kiffin Live coming up on SportsCenter

He said that it wasn't like they signed Hood on Signing Day. They investigated the matter thoroughly, and he thought it was very telling that the University had investigated it a lot, and not only did they give Hood admission into the University, they also gave him a full academic scholarship.

Kiff did a good job with that question. Definitely the toughest question he faced all day.

He said that it wasn't like they signed Hood on Signing Day. They investigated the matter thoroughly, and he thought it was very telling that the University had investigated it a lot, and not only did they give Hood admission into the University, they also gave him a full academic scholarship.

Kiff did a good job with that question. Definitely the toughest question he faced all day.

Interesting...so, since Hood has a full academic scholarship, does that mean he counts as one of the 85 football scholarships?

Anybody watch Spurriers explanation for Tebow gate?
Wow, a wee bit flustered. Ole ball coach is losin it.

Interesting...so, since Hood has a full academic scholarship, does that mean he counts as one of the 85 football scholarships?

That was the best part of his answer that UT had already offered Hood an academic scholly and he said the Univ. did a great job in investigating the matter, meaning they had a separate process from the athletic dept. In most cases, the football scholly is better than the academic scholly, so Hood accepted the football scholy.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

the one on secsports has lane sitting down...isn't the one that aired on espn different...wasn't he standing?

Who's covering these press conferences TMZ?

I mean asking the wunderkind if he's a virgin?

Asking Kiff about rape victims? (not a question a sports journalist should ask. Try: What was the process in offering Daniel Hood a scholarship?)

It's a football media day, not filler for Inside Edition.

Is objectivity taught in journalism school anymore?

:banghead2:

I like when they asked Kiffin the question about not puting a fence around Memphis, and not getting players like Malone(Ala.) and Macklin(LSU).

Kiffin responded, Wait till singing day happens. Then go back and evaluate, are we getting the players we really went after.

Am i looking to much into this comment, or does he have something up his sleeve maybe?

At the least he is not giving up on some of these kids even though they have committed to another school. I like the sound of it any way you look at it, go get'em CLK, coach O and Co.!!!

Last edited:
I like when they asked Kiffin the question about not puting a fence around Memphis, and not getting players like Malone(Ala.) and Macklin(LSU).

Kiffin responded, Wait till singing day happens. Then go back and evaluate, are we getting the players we really went after.

Am i looking to much into this comment, or does he have something up his sleeve maybe?

At the least he is not giving up on some of these kids even though they have committed to another school. I like the sound of it any way you look at it, go get'em CLK, coach O and Co.!!!

He also said today that there wasn't a lot of talent in Tennessee. I guess he really didn't want them (Malone and Macklin) anyway.

Looking back at my earlier comments. I guess my major point that I did not put more emphasis on, was CLK sounding like if he is interested in a player. They are not safe until NSD. That is how his earlier statements came across to me. Does not really matter if it is a player in Tennessee, Florida, Texas, or California.

He also said today that there wasn't a lot of talent in Tennessee. I guess he really didn't want them (Malone and Macklin) anyway.

Now see, quotes like this from Coach Kiff lead me to believe this is why Al Davis hated him so much. Kiff is just a straight up HONEST guy. I guess if you dont kiss a**, you wont get anywhere where the big bucks (NFL) are rolling through. JMO

There's nothing untrue about that statement. Tennessee has less talent than most any state in the SEC and Memphis might as well be Mississippi.

Would be nice if the state started taking football seriously again. I remember the good old days when peewee football was commonplace and every middle school had a football team.

I'm pretty sure Kiffin never offered Malone. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

VN Store

Back