Lady Vols vs LSU

Solid win. Really glad for Geer. She needed that big hit.

Good game for Matty, but her pitch count got up there. Arnold's going to need to pitch a complete game tomorrow.

Solid win. Really glad for Geer. She needed that big hit.

Good game for Matty, but her pitch count got up there. Arnold's going to need to pitch a complete game tomorrow.

Yes glad for Geer the senior!! Will have to produce for us the rest of the way. Would love to know how many first pitch strikes Matty threw tonight. Not as many as some other games and I still think she and Arnold must stay away from the walks. Also a big shoutout to Scarlett who came up big tonight as well. She has had so much negative going on these last couple of years that most would have throw in the towel. She is like a hair in a biscuit and hung in there through thick and thin. She is a LV for life. Use the same line-up that finished tonight and I expect another win. And what can be said about our AA shortstop Megan Gregg. We expect her to deliver and she most always comes through for us. :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Yes glad for Geer the senior!! Will have to produce for us the rest of the way. Would love to know how many first pitch strikes Matty threw tonight. Not as many as some other games and I still think she and Arnold must stay away from the walks. Also a big shoutout to Scarlett who came up big tonight as well. She has had so much negative going on these last couple of years that most would have throw in the towel. She is like a hair in a biscuit and hung in there through thick and thin. She is a LV for life. Use the same line-up that finished tonight and I expect another win. And what can be said about our AA shortstop Megan Gregg. We expect her to deliver and she most always comes through for us. :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Having vines protect Gregg is just huge now....what a move Ralph did moving Vines down and having her hit instead of slap

Having vines protect Gregg is just huge now....what a move Ralph did moving Vines down and having her hit instead of slap

Yep his best move of the year by far. I am of the opinion and I have stated it here often that Vines is a potential AA selection if she continues to do as she has done. I always though she had the one of the best eyes on the team and she as a slapper was fine last year but she has evolved as a pure hitter. I say she has to play first base until we solve that position next year and if it is her I am fine with it. Too much talent for DP. :clapping::clapping:

Great win--fantastic getting game 1, and hope we can get in game 2 tomorrow--and win that one too. Geer needed a confidence boost and got it with that clutch hit in the 7th. We still leave too many runners on base; that's the only negative I've seen lately. Onward!

I really don't understand the negativity McSwain gets either. She gives her all and never stops trying. Sure she has had some mistakes but so has everyone. She works hard at which ever position Ralph puts her in. I believe I heard that she was a short stop before coming to UT. She has always been one of my favorite kids on the team and will continue to be.

Took another two week break from keyboard and nice to see the winning streak continue against quality teams like Bama and LSU.The sloppy fielding play of LSU especially in the infield was largely the reason for the loss by LSU.

Hope to keep the streak alive today and tomorrow.Any win with rest of their schedule against LSU/A&M/Florida is a great win.

I confess that I am surprised at the pitching holding up to this point in the season.As one previous poster pointed out ,there are too mny people left on base and they need to capitalize on the bases loaded nd no outs in future against the quality competition that they are facing

I thought it would be next year... but I"m starting to believe. Moss has been lights out and the hitting is certainly taking shape. Get into that top 8 seed, and.. who knows !!!

Line up is out

Leach- 2b
Holcomb- LF
Gregg- SS
Vines- 1b
Geer- RF
Lockman- C
Rowland- DP
Seggren- 3b
McClain- CF

Arnold Pitching

Wow a little shocking to see Rowland at DP instead of McSwain guess he wants another left handed bat but McSwain has two big hits in game one.

This game could go either way. They get last bat and that is not good. Tennessee 5 to 4 after five.

VN Store

Back