Lady Vols vs. Lady Buccaneers Game Thread, 7:00 pm ET, ESPN3

Another excellent offensive game. Diamond having her best game of the season. Were working a lot better against the zone this season.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm pretty sure she watched the game.

I'm sure she did also and if that motivates her to dominate continue to let her be motivation. We are playing like we are suppose to play. I just need Nared to get it together, she is second guessing what she wants to do on offense instead of playing freely.

Reactions: 1 person
Another excellent offensive game. Diamond having her best game of the season. Were working a lot better against the zone this season.

5-11 45% behind the arc.. If we continue to shoot like this, it'll be hard for teams to stay with the zone..

I'm sure she did also and if that motivates her to dominate continue to let her be motivation. We are playing like we are suppose to play. I just need Nared to get it together, she is second guessing what she wants to do on offense instead of playing freely.

Yes, I agree. Nared has to score in order for UT to be successful this year.

Our guards and perimeter players need to /fight through screens/. You don't switch and put one of our bigs on a guard unless you have to--unless your mark is using the top of key pick to make an aggressive move. This is a bad habit that will get us in trouble against good teams. Two or three times late in the 2Q, our perimeter defenders, encountering a high screen, opted to switch when the ETSU player with the ball was moving slowly and thus there was no reason to switch. You don't tell Dunbar or Russell or Nunn to switch and play your guard unless its necessary. Otherwise, good half.

I see ya Nunn,, some players play better coming off the bench. Holly, stick wit yo original rotation of Middleton off the bench!

Then we can have a scoring punch, let her see the game first.

Our guards and perimeter players need to /fight through screens/. You don't switch and put one of our bigs on a guard unless you have to--unless your mark is using the top of key pick to make an aggressive move. This is a bad habit that will get us in trouble against good teams. Two or three times late in the 2Q, our perimeter defenders, encountering a high screen, opted to switch when the ETSU player with the ball was moving slowly and thus there was no reason to switch. You don't tell Dunbar or Russell or Nunn to switch and play your guard unless its necessary. Otherwise, good half.

agree. Until ETSU show's they can take advantage of our guards going over or under the screen,,, Might want to try it!

What is going on with Nared, maybe she needs to sit a little bit and compose herself! She seems to be out of it or a tad bit late/slow on everything tonight.

Middleton defense is sooooo sketchy

she's playing a quick lefty.
That is a tough assignment.
Players who's strongside is the opposite of what you come to expect, are tough.

They're also tough to learn how to show things, You can't demonstrate it, you have to have them mirror you.

I don't like Russell's game. She doesn't play fundamentally on offense. With her height and size, she ought to be able to establish position in the low post and score without more than a couple of feet. Instead, she dribbles across the lane--not good, even if you get away with; shoots fadeaways--why, when you're 6'6"? She still doesn't use her body well, IMO. Yea, she can score against creampuffs. Let's see how she plays against good teams.

Middleton looks better offensively--she is shooting when the shot is there, and that is good as she can shoot-- but her defense is terrible. She can't guard anybody with quickness--and most guards are quick.

Nunn with another example of bad fundamental basketball. She just got a pass about 6 feet from the basket, and should have just gone up strong and shot; instead, she takes a dribble, shuffles her feet and it's a turnover.

I like Middleton and Nunn off the bench, I would like to see MeMe start! As someone has said Middleton gets a chance to see whats going on first before getting in.

VN Store

Back