Lady vols softball insiders

She's from Tennessee, of course, so it shouldn't be that hard to get some scoop on this odd switch.

She is a left-handed hitter--and if there is one thing that the Vols don't need right now is another left-handed hitter (unless she's destined to be exceptional!). We've got too many lefties, which is why were were vulnerable to--and lost to--a good left-handed pitcher in the regionals.

Reactions: 1 person
She is not the typical left handed hitter. She is a power hitter which we need regardless of which way she hits. She would have been the first baseman for the next four years that we have sorely missed for several years. That is all irrelevant now since she wont be a LV anyway. A power left handed pitcher as well who has pitched since she was in the eighth grade and travel ball as well.

She is not the typical left handed hitter. She is a power hitter which we need regardless of which way she hits. She would have been the first baseman for the next four years that we have sorely missed for several years. That is all irrelevant now since she wont be a LV anyway. A power left handed pitcher as well who has pitched since she was in the eighth grade and travel ball as well.

I hope something comes out soon about this because not knowing is driving me crazy over such a big get for us. :eek:hmy:

She's from Tennessee, of course, so it shouldn't be that hard to get some scoop on this odd switch.

She is a left-handed hitter--and if there is one thing that the Vols don't need right now is another left-handed hitter (unless she's destined to be exceptional!). We've got too many lefties, which is why were were vulnerable to--and lost to--a good left-handed pitcher in the regionals.

Well apparently it is hard to get the scoop - if this had been a 5 star FB player or LV BB player it would be all over the place

I hope something comes out soon about this because not knowing is driving me crazy over such a big get for us. :eek:hmy:

Responded in the other thread, been off the board a few days. Had the opportunity to get a full ride at UTM, didn't have that at UT.

That's the life of playing a sport that has 12 scholarships to spread around 25 players. Sometimes academic money makes up the difference, sometimes it doesn't.

Responded in the other thread, been off the board a few days. Had the opportunity to get a full ride at UTM, didn't have that at UT.

That's the life of playing a sport that has 12 scholarships to spread around 25 players. Sometimes academic money makes up the difference, sometimes it doesn't.

So that other poster that claimed Valedictorians get a full academic scholarship was incorrect ?

heh, what about all those school systems who won't announce a valedictorian because they want everyone to feel good about their selves? fugging wimpish pc idiots!

Congratulations to your niece and to you for being a strong advocate for her. Hope she has a wonderful career as a Lady Vol(they're stil Lady Vols to me). Now that she has signed,tell us more about her. Position,stats,home state,etc. Thanks

Technically committed this evening, can't sign yet. She is 15 from Jackson tn.attends south side high school plays travel ball with platinum fury her name is Josie Willingham a ss/catcher good arm good bat. Her dad was a high school baseball coach. Overall good athlete.Will letter in multiple sports.

Reactions: 3 people
Josie Willingham (South Side softball, volleyball and basketball) – Willingham might be a three-sport athlete for the Lady Hawks, but the softball field is where she is really a star.

Playing shortstop and catcher for South Side this season, she helped the Lady Hawks earn a berth in the Region 7-AA semifinals. She batted .468 with five home runs, 41 RBI and 12 stolen bases to be named to the All-West Tennessee Softball First Team.

Top rising sophomores for the 2016-17 season

Reactions: 2 people
Technically committed this evening, can't sign yet. She is 15 from Jackson tn.attends south side high school plays travel ball with platinum fury her name is Josie Willingham a ss/catcher good arm good bat. Her dad was a high school baseball coach. Overall good athlete.Will letter in multiple sports.

Congratulations to her!!! We want and need all the in state greats to be Lady Vols!! We also want only those who WANT TO BE LADY VOLS.

Two questions:

First, what is the name of the pitcher who has transferred to UT--it was announced several weeks ago?

Second, has there been a decision by the NCAA about another year of eligibility for Erin Gabriel?

Two questions:

First, what is the name of the pitcher who has transferred to UT--it was announced several weeks ago?

Second, has there been a decision by the NCAA about another year of eligibility for Erin Gabriel?

1. You talking about the JUCO transfer?
2. Haven't heard a thing but I assume it's a no go with Erin!

1) Yes, I'm referring to the JUCO transfer.

2) That's too bad about Erin--was there an announcement?

1. I can't remember her name but she's not on the official roster yet I don't believe either
2. Yes, it was bad but I figured that was going to happen

There was no announcement, the application for a waiver was never formally acknowledged/released by UT.

She is ready to move on to the next phase of her life, is taking credits at Youngstown State that are prerequisites for the graduate degree she will be pursuing.

1. You talking about the JUCO transfer?
2. Haven't heard a thing but I assume it's a no go with Erin!

Junior College pitcher Alex Brake added for the 2017 softball season

Hometown: Webb City, MO
Hs: Webb City HS
Position: Pitcher
Height: 5”4
Major: Exercise Science
Collegiate softball honors:
(2015) NJCAA All-American, NJCAA Pitcher of the Year, KJCCC Most Valuable Player, KJCCC All Region, KJCCC All-Conference

Most memorable moment in softball career:
The feeling of fighting through the game against the #2 ranked team at the National Tournament, winning, and knowing we had made it to the last day at Nationals.

Favorite softball player of all time:
Jennie Finch

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back