Lady Vols ranked 2nd in attendance 2016-2017

I know what you mean almost $600 for 2 in section 116(not that great a location). Plus we live in Kingsport and only make about half or less of the games. Debated hard about renewing but decided to go ahead, just found out I'm in need of hip replacement so that limits further the amount of games I can attend. Used to be people were eager to buy tickets from you, past couple of years I've had a hard time even giving them away. SMH I guess I'll just have to :air_kiss: that money goodbye :sad:

Your money still helps the program.

Hope the hip gets better.

I have the solution.

get rid of the assigned seating. 1st come 1st served.

get rid of the shot clock. it's kills "real" basketball and just leaves chuck & run bball.

put the team in uniforms that fit the body, not those crappy things they wear now. Why not give guys a chance to "enjoy" the game? lol

jmho

Your money still helps the program.

Hope the hip gets better.

As it was explained to us, the money goes to the AD. You can no longer specify the "donations" given to purchase seats to a specific team. For years, we donated to the Lady Vols; that was stopped several years ago and all the money goes into one pool which the powers that be allocate. At least that is what we were told by AD representatives. If this is wrong, I'm sure Deerpark will correct :hi:.

I know we don't really feel our money necessarily benefits women's athletics.

Ditto on the hip.

Reactions: 1 person
As it was explained to us, the money goes to the AD. You can no longer specify the "donations" given to purchase seats to a specific team. For years, we donated to the Lady Vols; that was stopped several years ago and all the money goes into one pool which the powers that be allocate. At least that is what we were told by AD representatives. If this is wrong, I'm sure Deerpark will correct :hi:.

I know we don't really feel our money necessarily benefits women's athletics.

Ditto on the hip.

I do think donations may be directed, but likely at only larger amounts.

When I referred to helping the program, I meant as a whole. Since I support both men's and women's athletics, I didn't think about that distinction. To me, money that supports athletics does benefit LVBB.

I do think donations may be directed, but likely at only larger amounts.

When I referred to helping the program, I meant as a whole. Since I support both men's and women's athletics, I didn't think about that distinction. To me, money that supports athletics does benefit LVBB.

You can designate donations, but the "donations" required to purchase seats can not be designated. How that money is allocated is not determined by the donor. Men or women, football or soccer (football😁), doesn't matter. We had always given to men, women, and academics (his college and mine). I sort of liked being able to designate. Also, I'm a little distrustful when it comes money and UT. Especially the last few years. That's just I.😉

That's why I put donations in quotation marks ("donations" to purchase seats).

Reactions: 2 people
That's what I was going to say, the more successful the more they feel the need to charge. I could remember when it was hard to get a LV ticket. If you couldn't make a game and wanted to sell, people would pay premium price. Now you can't give them away. I checked a couple of years ago and you could get season tickets at SC a lot cheaper than at UT.

Meh, its all a pretty weak argument. USC's season tickets deals are in line with most WBB programs NOT named Tennessee or UConn - even most of the very top annual powers. Maryland and Louisville I don't think even has any booster club fee/membership requirements for their season ticket purchases.

Tennessee and UConn have won 8-10 national championships, and have done so over several decades.

The average home attendance for Lady Vols games never rose above 4,000 until they averaged 4,303 in 1986-87 (their 1st NC year), and didn't rise above 10,000 until a 10,500 average ten years later, in 1996-97 (their 5th NC year). The 3 previous years prior to that were 8K average seasons, but all of the years before those were 5K and 6K seasons. They were multiple national champions by then. They led the nation for the first time in 1991-92, with an average of 6,639 home attendance.

I'm sure it's the same with UConn during their long run of success. USC has now played in 6 NCAA tournaments under Staley, with 2 Final Fours and 1 Championship. That would've been 1986-87 by comparison for Summitt, with 1 Championship (that very season, her 1st), 1 runner-up, and 2 other Final Fours. That was the first 4K attendance season for y'all. In 1985-86, y'all made the Final Four and averaged 2,805. And Summitt was already having great success prior to the NCAAs, leading the program to an average of 29 wins per year the final 5 years in the AIAW. So she was already established as a top coach with a top program in her sport, while Staley still gets criticism even after winning last season.

I'm sure the ticket prices for your games back then weren't outlandish and possibly bargains compared to other programs, even with your success. Lets wait about 10-15 years and see if USC has more NCs, Final Fours, etc., and keeps leading the national attendance figures, and see then what the ticket prices look like. But I bet when UT started averaging 10K+ attendance every year, leading WCBB, y'all were pretty outspoken about it then too ....

:hi:

Pat grew the game and brought national attention to WCBB. She literally started from the ground up.

And now fans of other programs draw false comparisons in attempts to mimic her success.

Job well done Pat!

Reactions: 3 people
Meh, its all a pretty weak argument. USC's season tickets deals are in line with most WBB programs NOT named Tennessee or UConn - even most of the very top annual powers. Maryland and Louisville I don't think even has any booster club fee/membership requirements for their season ticket purchases.

Tennessee and UConn have won 8-10 national championships, and have done so over several decades.

The average home attendance for Lady Vols games never rose above 4,000 until they averaged 4,303 in 1986-87 (their 1st NC year), and didn't rise above 10,000 until a 10,500 average ten years later, in 1996-97 (their 5th NC year). The 3 previous years prior to that were 8K average seasons, but all of the years before those were 5K and 6K seasons. They were multiple national champions by then. They led the nation for the first time in 1991-92, with an average of 6,639 home attendance.

I'm sure it's the same with UConn during their long run of success. USC has now played in 6 NCAA tournaments under Staley, with 2 Final Fours and 1 Championship. That would've been 1986-87 by comparison for Summitt, with 1 Championship (that very season, her 1st), 1 runner-up, and 2 other Final Fours. That was the first 4K attendance season for y'all. In 1985-86, y'all made the Final Four and averaged 2,805. And Summitt was already having great success prior to the NCAAs, leading the program to an average of 29 wins per year the final 5 years in the AIAW. So she was already established as a top coach with a top program in her sport, while Staley still gets criticism even after winning last season.

I'm sure the ticket prices for your games back then weren't outlandish and possibly bargains compared to other programs, even with your success. Lets wait about 10-15 years and see if USC has more NCs, Final Fours, etc., and keeps leading the national attendance figures, and see then what the ticket prices look like. But I bet when UT started averaging 10K+ attendance every year, leading WCBB, y'all were pretty outspoken about it then too ....

when TN was getting meager numbers other schools were getting less than that.

That was what my initial remark was about, with each success came a price increase.

Not too shabby for a program on the decline, eh?

Hope lives eternal, at least for a short time. Sooner or later, you need to recruit well and become a legitimate contender and not a consistent pretender, to keep fans' hope alive. Right now we seem to have the recruiting thing down.

UConn's issue, according to people in Connecticut, is that their home games lack drama. Winning there has got boring. They've been blowing teams out at home for many years and so its fans don't exactly feel compelled to spend money to see the Huskies build another a 25-point lead at the half. Been there, seen that. Price of success.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back