Lady Vols News: Backcourt 10-9 PREVIEW

Simply put, the typical improvements among elite recruits is now necessary for the Tennessee Lady Vols. It’s the only way they can return to the glory they once had, and with Holly Warlick’s recent contract extension, that is definitely an expectation for this team. The guard development this year will go a long way towards how we judge her, as guard coaching is her strength. So this entire unit depends on what Warlick can do.

Reactions: RollerVol
Simply put, the typical improvements among elite recruits is now necessary for the Tennessee Lady Vols. It’s the only way they can return to the glory they once had, and with Holly Warlick’s recent contract extension, that is definitely an expectation for this team. The guard development this year will go a long way towards how we judge her, as guard coaching is her strength. So this entire unit depends on what Warlick can do.

Evina Westbrook will have a lot of pressure on her not to score but to cut down on the turnovers.

Reactions: RollerVol
Evina Westbrook will have a lot of pressure on her not to score but to cut down on the turnovers.
The article indicated we only have one point guard. I thought Massengill was a point in high school. Hoping we get Rogers to join as she is a point guard. I think Cooke goes elsewhere.

Massengill is as talented as any point guard in the SEC. She doesn't have the experience yet, but she can play there with anybody in the league. These writers really need to do their homework before writing these columns as his assessment of Tennessee is way off.

Burrell hit 52 of 129 from the three as a senior so if she can shoot it that well we'll see her on the floor probably playing behind Jackson and Davis.

We'll be fine at the point both Burrell and Z. Green can play there if need be.

Last edited:
The article indicated we only have one point guard. I thought Massengill was a point in high school. Hoping we get Rogers to join as she is a point guard. I think Cooke goes elsewhere.

Yes they are talking about Massengill being the only true point but Westbrook is the starting point guard.

VN Store

Back