Lady Vol Schedule?

Non Conference schedule need to go 11 and 2. Anything below 10 and 3 will be a disappointing result. We should win the game I missed.

I think 10-3 is about right (ND, Baylor, TX), and a positive way to enter conference play (hopefully we won't lose more than 3-4 SEC games).

I think 10-3 is about right (ND, Baylor, TX), and a positive way to enter conference play (hopefully we won't lose more than 3-4 SEC games).

Trixie you're a Vol fan? Didn't know that, learn something new everyday. Also, I'm not sure going 1 out of 4 versus Stanford, ND, Baylor, & Texas the only ranked teams in OOC play (and likely all will be top 10 ranked teams) is a good thing.

Why would anyone be happy about that? Based on Creme's "Way Too Early Pre-Season Top 25" the teams are ranked as follows:

Notre Dame- 1
Baylor- 5
Texas- 6
Stanford- 10

Granted all are projected above Tennessee which Creme has @ 11, I still can't imagine people on this board really being okay with losing 3 of those 4 games. It just seems wrong some way.

Reactions: 1 person
Trixie you're a Vol fan? Didn't know that, learn something new everyday. Also, I'm not sure going 1 out of 4 versus Stanford, ND, Baylor, & Texas the only ranked teams in OOC play (and likely all will be top 10 ranked teams) is a good thing.

Why would anyone be happy about that? Based on Creme's "Way Too Early Pre-Season Top 25" the teams are ranked as follows:

Notre Dame- 1
Baylor- 5
Texas- 6
Stanford- 10

Granted all are projected above Tennessee which Creme has @ 11, I still can't imagine people on this board really being okay with losing 3 of those 4 games. It just seems wrong some way.

Not ok with losing any just facing probable reality. I think we can take Baylor and Stanford if we play well at home and don't see anyway we'll win at Notre Dame or Texas. Hopefully we win them all.

Not ok with losing any just facing probable reality. I think we can take Baylor and Stanford if we play well at home and don't see anyway we'll win at Notre Dame or Texas. Hopefully we win them all.

Notre Dame comes to Knoxville this year. I think we can take them IF we play like we can.

we are beating stanford as lil Thompson is not on the team and they come to us. Also, I feel like we can get texas on the road or possible notre dame.

I was as surprised as everyone else at last season's poor showing. But that is over and done with. The team has a year of playing together under their belts. Russell, Middleton, and Nared are over their injuries. Cooper knows she has to be a PG and not a bull-in-a-china-shop. Whatever negative was going on behind closed doors (if anything) is apparently over and done with. Reeves, whose hire I was lukewarm on, is making her presence known. As great a LVFL as Carter is, if she doesn't return, Holly will be forced to play someone that maybe will, you know, actually shoot the ball.

Maybe this will be the reverse of last season. Everybody had high expectations last season and the team bombed. This season few expect much. Maybe the team will surprise us.

Reactions: 5 people
We'll lose to Baylor, Texas, Stanford, Notre Dame, and at least 1-2 others.

I agree that Baylor, Texas, and Notre Dame will be strong teams this year for out-of-conference games. I'm not sure about Stanford. They lost a lot from last year. I will wait to see how they mesh before passing judgment. The rest of the out-of-conference schedule is just cupcakes. In the SEC, I expect South Carolina to be even stronger than last year, but the rest of the conference is pretty mediocre (not weak, just no power teams outside of Tennessee and South Carolina). Overall, this year's schedule is one of Tennessee's weakest in the last ten years. Pat always prided herself on building the toughest regular season schedule she could. Holly seems to be taking a different approach (not better or worse, just different). Ohio State, Maryland, Louisville, Florida State, and Syracuse would have been great games to beef up the schedule and prepare the team for the post-season. There also should be some good teams on the west coast this year (UCLA, Washington).

We'll only play ten players this season can't afford any injuries and three or four players that have done very little thus far in their careers will have to step up. I guess we'll see Reynolds and Cooper at the point. Although I would not be surprised to see Cooper move to the two and let Middleton back up the point position. Look like freshman Harris will have to play a lot and we've all called for Dunbar will get to see plenty of her on the court this season.
Seems Jackson is now healthy from her knee problem, but Cooper seems to still have some problems.

Now that Cooper is out for the season we'll see Reynolds and Middleton at the point.
Deshields and Jackson are our other guards. Dunbar and Nared three position. Russell, Nunn and Harris. We have our rotation as nine players is all we have next season.

if Diamond is efficient, we shud be in all those games. Notre Dame lost a lot. Baylor battle of the guards. Texas battle of the guards. Stanford battle of the guards.

It will come down to guard play again this season, if our guards play bad and turn the ball over, we will lose. If they play with a sense of urgency to get the best shot, we win a lot ball games, a la NCAA tournament basketball rather than last season basketball.

If Nared, came back a player. Oh that helps, it helps...cos she's gonna have to play 2, 3, 4, well her and Diamond, diamond 1 too. Reynolds can play 1-3, Middelton 1-2, Jackson 1(?)-3, Dunbar 3-4 (hopefully she gets it, screens, movement, physicality, get durty pretty gurl).

Losing two point guards, hurt. I don't care which team it is, it hurts. Let's see how the Lady responds.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back