Lack of talent??

Hall and Golden being a 4 star is a joke. Golden is more like a 3 and Hall is a 3 on his best day and usually a 2 at best. Tonight he was a zero. He's a frustrating player to watch. He has talent, but he's lazy as hell.

McRae is not a 4 star player. :no:

Guys...it's coaching.

We will see next year. I thimk its a combination right now. The players are not that good and the coaching is average. Good players make good coaching. This team would be a lot different with maymon out there. You throw him in with the freshman for next year and there isnt any excuses.

Reactions: 1 person
what is it going to take for Hart and everyone on the hill to understand that it is all about recruiting in the SEC whether it is football or basketball. Add poor, unproven coaching to that and it is the product we are seeing on the court and field. Who the hell is Martin? Every coach working for UT should have to sign as part of their contract that if they don't avg. at least a top 25 class using a 2 year rolling avg. they are subject ti immediate termination. Martin is just like Dooley was, dull, non recruiting and brings no excitement to the fanbase. Add to that no real history of success or outstanding recruiting success and it brings absolutely no energy to the program. Damn where are we getting these guys? Comparing Martin to Bruce is an insult to everyone involved at Tennessee.

Reactions: 2 people
what is it going to take for Hart and everyone on the hill to understand that it is all about recruiting in the SEC whether it is football or basketball. Add poor, unproven coaching to that and it is the product we are seeing on the court and field. Who the hell is Martin? Every coach working for UT should have to sign as part of their contract that if they don't avg. at least a top 25 class using a 2 year rolling avg. they are subject ti immediate termination. Martin is just like Dooley was, dull, non recruiting and brings no excitement to the fanbase. Add to that no real history of success or outstanding recruiting success and it brings absolutely no energy to the program. Damn where are we getting these guys? Comparing Martin to Bruce is an insult to everyone involved at Tennessee.

This:lolabove:

This coach is so much like Wade Houston it's freaky!Looks like a deer in the headlights.The way he jerks players in and out is weird!!!Can't believe we are having to go through this again.Oh well,Go Big Orange!

you keep telling yourself that.Pearl took a team in his 1st year that didnt have a 5* and probably not a 4* and they went out and battled and won games.

Are you seriously trying to argue that pearl inherited a worse roster situation than Martin?

The year pearl left we graduated fields, Williams, Melvin and I believe josh bone. Scotty and Tobias left early. Not to mention, we were waiting to hear our punishment from the NCAA, making it hard on us to recruit.

Pearl inherited a much better roster. It's not even close.

My point was that Martin has really whiffed in recruiting with this latest class and next years isn't looking any better outside of Hubbs.

Are you seriously trying to argue that pearl inherited a worse roster situation than Martin?

The year pearl left we graduated fields, Williams, Melvin and I believe josh bone. Scotty and Tobias left early. Not to mention, we were waiting to hear our punishment from the NCAA, making it hard on us to recruit.

My point was that Martin has really whiffed in recruiting with this latest class and next years isn't looking any better outside of Hubbs.

That's partly revisionist history.....Pearls first team was picked to finish at the bottom of the SEC. They were 14-16 the yr before and had lost their top two players. Did the players make Pearl or did Pearl make the players?

It's dumbfounding to me how he can get 2 guys like Stokes and Hubbs and then the rest are 2 stars. What gives?

That's partly revisionist history.....Pearls first team was picked to finish at the bottom of the SEC. They were 14-16 the yr before and had lost their top two players. Did the players make Pearl or did Pearl make the players?

Not even close

you keep telling yourself that.Pearl took a team in his 1st year that didnt have a 5* and probably not a 4* and they went out and battled and won games.

Pearl had Watson (NBA), Lofton, J Smith. Big difference in having Hall, McBee, and Golden.

You have to realize, Martin had nothing and not alot of time to get anything when he came in, he had to grab players and hope to develop them and maybe find some gems (Richardson) basketball isn't like football, if you aren't recruiting these guys in their soph. And jr. Years you have no hope. Let's watch what he brings in, it looks alright as of now. If you're expecting results right now sorry, its not gonna happen. I want to compete for Sec titles as much as the next guy but, Rome wasn't built in a day.

All the guys I listed Martin has recruited thus far, only stokes had legitimate SEC offers. (Richardson, Yemi, Q, Reese, Edwards, Moore, miller etc didn't). Looking at next years class: Hubbs obviously had offers from just about everyone. Aj Davis had multiple SEC and ACC offers. And while Landry's stock has dropped he had Vanderbilt and Alabama offers when we took his commitment iirc.

Next year is the put up or shut up year. He'll have a legitimate SEC talent roster and there should be no excuses.

You'll really don't know who Martin is do you?

It's dumbfounding to me how he can get 2 guys like Stokes and Hubbs and then the rest are 2 stars. What gives?

Hasn't had time to build a ton of relationships so he has focused on only one or two per year. Look at the 2014 class. He is going after a ton of 4 stars and some 5 stars. He is building relationships with them.

All 3 guys in next years class have SEC offers that's progress. AJ Davis is a top 200 player and had multiple SEC and ACC offers.

If we add a corn elder or Darius Thompson next years class is actually pretty good.

The classes appear to be getting better, and that's in big part a result to building relationships with guys. The guys he was recruiting and building relationships with aren't MSU aren't the same guys he is after now. 2013 and more so 2014 are the classes that are really going to show if Martin is able to recruit.

Hasn't had time to build a ton of relationships so he has focused on only one or two per year. Look at the 2014 class. He is going after a ton of 4 stars and some 5 stars. He is building relationships with them.

Yeah I understand that. It's just quite the disparity

Sounds like.excuses for someone who is not getting it done recruiting......I hope you are right and it picks up next yr......I don't buy the relationship building excuse.....you mean to tell me in two yrs he couldn't get a better class.than Moore, reese, and Edwards?

Sounds like.excuses for someone who is not getting it done recruiting......I hope you are right and it picks up next yr......I don't buy the relationship building excuse.....you mean to tell me in two yrs he couldn't get a better class.than Moore, reese, and Edwards?

Yea..stokes.

You'll have some guys who, fall into your lap because of circumstances, but recruiting is relationship based.

Oh, Yemi can get lost. I don't disagree with that, but it's because he still doesn't know what to do. But like bTNo said, I'd give Yemi the minutes because Hall is gone next year. Plus, Hall is a lazy ass. At least Yemi busts his ass. He may be a bull in a china shop at times, but at least he's trying. Hall is out there acting like he is stoned half of the time.
And seems to get one of those circus shots in every other game. Kid plays hard.

VN Store

Back