'19 LA RB Tyrion Davis

From Gridiron Now:

Running back is a priority for LSU in the 2019 recruiting cycle, and the Tigers own a commitment from one of the nation’s best in four-star prospect Tyrion Davis.

Davis committed to LSU on June 10, 2017, and he told GN he remains “100 percent committed to the Tigers.”

“I grew up watching LSU and I always wanted to play for them,” he said. “When I received the offer, it really did something to me. I couldn’t do anything but smile and I thank God every day for it. I grew up with Derrius Guice, and after seeing him go there, I wanted to play for them even more.”

Davis, (6 feet 1, 230 pounds), from Baton Rouge (La.) Southern Lab School, is among the top-15 running backs in the country and a top-200 prospect overall.

“To be honest, I don’t really get caught up in that because none of that really means anything at the end of the day,” Davis said regarding his high national ranking. “When you step foot on campus, all that goes out the window. So, I try my best not to get caught up in the rankings and all that.”

So, what type of running back is LSU getting with Davis?

“I think I’m a good athlete and just an all-around player,” he said. “I can play whatever I need to play on the field just to help my team win. … I think I’m pretty fast and I can get through tackles and bounce it outside when I need to. I can make people miss when I need to, as well.”

When asked who he models his game after, Davis said, “I like Leonard Fournette a lot and Todd Gurley as well.”

Davis is one of four top-200 recruits currently committed to LSU in the 2019 class.

Ah so Tyrion = got reference?
tenor.gif

VN Store

Back