Quick rule of thumb on order of concern of pets:
Fur
Feathers
Shells (fixed)
Scales
Shells (articulated)
Skin

That dog wasn't a pet.

We had Australian Shepards on the farm to help work the cows, the mistake my dad always made is he did and allowed us to make pets out of them. Most of them were ok cattle dogs but great pets.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
That dog wasn't a pet.

We had Australian Shepards on the farm to help work the cows, the mistake my dad always made is he did and allowed us to make pets out of them. Most of them were ok cattle dogs but great pets.
Rule of thumb for concern of domesticated animals not classified as pets:
Food
Revenue
Labor assisting
Protective
Recreational
Symbiotic
Tolerated

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I think I’m going to enjoy a dolphin safe tuna sandwich for lunch.
Make sure it is ethically farmed, non GMO, free of pesticides, and requires no fossil fuels or migrant labor to harvest. Also, make sure the land on which the Tuna is grown is owned by DEI-approved persons.

Reactions: Jxn Vol
I think it also speaks generally to her general attitude. To me it speaks of a lifestyle where she has gotten away with things and consequences aren't very real.

people who actually hunt as more than just a photo shoot know those dogs are an investment. and if an 18 month old dog isn't ready, they keep it in training. they don't force the issue.

IMO she 100% created the situation where there was no good outcome.

Meh, if the dog is a biter and has gotten the taste of live blood (chicken), you won't ever really change them.

My mother had an English sheep dog she really loved. Came down to the barn and there is a pile of goose feathers. Tried a shock collar, many things but the dog would kill something. Then it happened again and my mother hung this dog by the neck and I could see its eyes begin to glaze over in death when she dropped it free. The dog did ok for a good bit after that. Maybe a year. But sure enough, one day my mother goes to the barn and there are several piles of goose feathers. She took that dog out and shot it. It was her pet.

Two lessons
1. once the taste of blood is there, it never leaves and you pretty much need to put the animal down if it is going to be a danger to the rest of your livestock or give it to a place that its not an issue.
2 BEST NOT MESS WITH MY MOTHER! 😄

Meh, if the dog is a biter and has gotten the taste of live blood (chicken), you won't ever really change them.

My mother had an English sheep dog she really loved. Came down to the barn and there is a pile of goose feathers. Tried a shock collar, many things but the dog would kill something. Then it happened again and my mother hung this dog by the neck and I could see its eyes begin to glaze over in death when she dropped it free. The dog did ok for a good bit after that. Maybe a year. But sure enough, one day my mother goes to the barn and there are several piles of goose feathers. She took that dog out and shot it. It was her pet.

Two lessons
1. once the taste of blood is there, it never leaves and you pretty much need to put the animal down if it is going to be a danger to the rest of your livestock or give it to a place that its not an issue.
2 BEST NOT MESS WITH MY MOTHER! 😄

How many times did she have to hang you??

Rednecks trying to call others intellectually-challenged. Oh, the irony. Rich...very rich.
I think that anyone that pays 6 figures for an "education" just to work at a low paying job that would even cover 1 years tuition is intellectually challenged

Reactions: hog88
In her book, Noem had a long tale about meeting Kim Jong Un.

One problem: She never met him

To the point I made a few days ago - who knows what's actually fact or fiction in this book....

Reactions: 85SugarVol

VN Store

Back