Kongbo Sacks!

going with the same amount of team wins...10...I like keeping it unreal...:)

GO VOLS!

Well, I'm going with 10 (+) wins anyway.

Yep -- same number of 5* hearts we just had drafted to the nfl (and I'm giving Dobbs and Barnett each 3 5* hearts).

Believe. Alabama will not be smoking cigars after this year's game.

Reactions: 1 person
Don't know what the number will be, but I think Darrell Taylor will have more than Kongbo and will prove to be the better DE.

I agree. To an extent Kongbo is still learning the game...I'd be shocked if Taylor didn't have more sacks...

Don't know what the number will be, but I think Darrell Taylor will have more than Kongbo and will prove to be the better DE.

Right with ya! :thumbsup: Predicting threads complaining about him not starting all along. :wink2:

I don't know what to predict about anyone on the D-Line. Off of high school ratings we may the most talented D-Line on paper in the country, four of which were considered a 5* (McKenzie, Kongbo, Phillips, and Tuttle). Yet at the same time, other than Tuttle who has gotten injured, there hasn't been much to be impressed with.

Hopefully, now that it is their time to shine, everything begins to come together for these guys. As for Kongbo, if he has a Corey Vereen type year (7 sacks) it will be a success in my eyes. But that is if he is disciplined to the run and plays with the team. I could easily see Kongbo's ego driving him to only focusing on his sack number and everything else taking a back seat.

Agree whole heartedly with you. The key statement you make is "disciplined to run". I just wonder if you noticed the same thing I did last year in reference to the end on the other side of Vereen and just don't the abuse that would come by saying. At times he seemed to forget the run in favor of pass rushing. However, this could have been what he was told to do, I'm not knowledgeable enough to know.

Agree with this number. Kongbo is more physically gifted than Barnett; however, one reason why DB got as many sacks as he did was because he could change speeds and actually get faster and more physical as the game went on. I don't know this for sure, but I believe DB would save his best moves for the 4th quarter when the tackles would start to tire out. When I would watch Kongbo last year in the limited action he saw, it seemed like he had one speed, which to his credit was fast. Long winded answer, but I'm going with a respectable 6.5.

If Taylor is disruptive on the other side and we stay mostly healthy I'll go with 8+ and I'll predict him receive some NFL draft hype too. If we face injuries I'll say 4 or 5 sacks. I think Taylor has a very good season. Taylor, Kongbo, Phillips could make a great edge trio. Add in a possible FR contributer like Butler and we could have a very good pass rush

This assumes Kongbo is healthy and positive production from the other side, as well as scheme. I say Kongbo starts off "hot", hot in parenthesis because GT doesn't pass much. But, if he's a rush end and productive/disruptive on film, he has 4.5 going into UF but then he cools off because of double teams. Big question- what technique is he in, run stopper or pass rusher? All said and figuring schedule, 7.5.

First read that as Kongo sucks. Was about to come in here pissed.

Going with 8 sacks.

probably a more relevant thread title by the end of the season... i'll get bashed for that but he brought it on himself with the fifa crap. Put up or shut up. Barnett agrees.

5 sacks imo

Last edited:
Kongbo is a 5 star talent with 2 star experience. Being needed inside due to injuries might have been some good experience, it did not give him time to polish his edge rushing skills. I don't believe he is going to set any big numbers statistically like Barnett. He still will have some things to learn to be consistent, and I hope he is focusing on that. But I do think when he makes a play, it will be impressive just like his pick 6 last year.

Early draft? I wouldn't bet on that. But with his raw talent, if he projects third or fourth round, he should come back to try to get into the first. Properly experienced, Kongbo could be one of the best. 5 sacks most of them late in the season.

If the secondary lives up to the hype I think he'll have a few, maybe 5 to 8. But if the secondary stinks, zero. Ya gots ta make the QB hold on to the ball longer than he wants to, to get sacks. If the DB's are covering, that will happen.

Oh yeah, the DT's need to get good push as well. We'll see about that early on.

No super stars on this line but they are all very good. The sacks will be evenly distributed as will the tackles for loss. Shoop will play games at the line and some safety's and corners will get sacks.

This is one guy that I haven't gotten too excited about. I don't know what many saw last year from him that gives us hope for a ton of sacks. Even when he was playing DE.

Kongbo eat qbs! All he need is bottlel of rum and live chicken b4 games! If you having girl problems I feel bad for you son , kongbos got 98 🏆problems and his sacks ain't 1

Last year showed that he just wasn't a very polished player. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he's only played football for like 4 years. And so last year it showed. He looked like Tarzan and played like Jane.

But now, with a year under his belt and Hoke teaching him, I'm gonna go 5 sacks.

How many will he get this season? Will he have a year that will put him in the 2nd or 3rd round in the draft?

I'll say he get double digits, and is named pre-season 1st Team All-S.E.C. next year. A couple years of polish would only serve to improve him, and his draft stock. Let's remember, this is only his third of fourth year of organized ball ?! Unless he just blows the doors off this season, he should probably come back. #GBO

I think we will get the same amount of sacks but spread it out more with DTs and especially LBs getting in on the action. Might even have another Cam Suttonish Corner blitz sack or two.

I'll put Kong at 7-9 sacks and Paul Bain at about 35 sacks before pop warner rules restrict him from further abuse of opposing offenses!

Last edited:
29, en route to breaking the all-time record, winning the Heisman, and being drafted #1 in 2018.

Signed,

D4H

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back