knowing what you do know now...

And with the sloppy play, TO's, and defensive struggles to stay with the only shooter UK had on the floor, we still ate our first half time out.

Maybe cuonzo doesn't understand that he has a TO to burn in the first half. I wouldn't be surprised.

Has Martin ever explained his time-out strategy? He obviously doesn't believe in using them to break an opponents run. What gives? You can see UTs wheels falling off and he contiunally lets them play until we've given up 1 or 2 more TOs or had several more poor offensive posessions.

Has Martin ever explained his time-out strategy? He obviously doesn't believe in using them to break an opponents run. What gives? You can see UTs wheels falling off and he contiunally lets them play until we've given up 1 or 2 more TOs or had several more poor offensive posessions.

when asked he gave a blank stare, licked his lips, and said "players need to make plays".

i dont understand why he didnt take a timeout at the end of the 1st half to set up a play. he had 5 TOs left and you lose one at the half so why not take one?

and this resulted in a turnover and points for UK

Is zo closer to being fired or to being extended?

As a pearl supporter, its easy to see a huge difference in styles on both offense and defense. Offensively, this team is hard to watch. This is a good defensive team, but I worry that this style is losing supporters, that along with his inability to adjust in game and progress players skill sets.

Hes a good recruiter, but having 7 losses this early in year two scares me..

On a side note i was wondering is hubbs signed or just committed? Worries me that.he want out of his loi after seeing us stink it up.

Ladies and Gentleman here is a obvious case when someone is unaware that the best player (Maymon) has been sidelined for the year. This team is playing as best as it can get with the talent and youth it has. Many act as though CCM has had this team for 4 or 5 years. Last night Reese & Moore looked good. As for Hubbs he probably is seeing where he can help this team this Fall. Real Bball players don't run from helping their team win or improve. There are some glaring issues and weaknesses on this team that's pointed out daily. I believe CCM is well aware of it and is doing what he can to address it through recruiting and with current players. Glad to know that you're a Pearl supporter, but that train left town an ain't coming back with him on it.

i dont understand why he didnt take a timeout at the end of the 1st half to set up a play. he had 5 TOs left and you lose one at the half so why not take one?

and this resulted in a turnover and points for UK

He did the exact same thing in the UAT game as well.

Wait a minute. Aren't timeouts used to break momentum and to take a moment to get your chit together? Because if that's what they're for, we don't need 'em.

:rolleyes:

Is zo closer to being fired or to being extended?

As a pearl supporter, its easy to see a huge difference in styles on both offense and defense. Offensively, this team is hard to watch. This is a good defensive team, but I worry that this style is losing supporters, that along with his inability to adjust in game and progress players skill sets.

Hes a good recruiter, but having 7 losses this early in year two scares me..

On a side note i was wondering is hubbs signed or just committed? Worries me that.he want out of his loi after seeing us stink it up.

Neither would be my guess. Next year will be the year. With the talent they will have, if they go far in the tourney like a few of us expect he could get an extension. On the flip side, if they flop with that talent it could be goodbye Zo.

Ladies and Gentleman here is a obvious case when someone is unaware that the best player (Maymon) has been sidelined for the year. This team is playing as best as it can get with the talent and youth it has. Many act as though CCM has had this team for 4 or 5 years. Last night Reese & Moore looked good. As for Hubbs he probably is seeing where he can help this team this Fall. Real Bball players don't run from helping their team win or improve. There are some glaring issues and weaknesses on this team that's pointed out daily. I believe CCM is well aware of it and is doing what he can to address it through recruiting and with current players. Glad to know that you're a Pearl supporter, but that train left town an ain't coming back with him on it.
This is bball NOT football. A top notch coach would be getting more out of this team, and no, it doesnt take four years.

He's got dudes air mailing free throws.
Give him a couple years to get his recruits in here. He's a good coach or we wouldn't even be hanging around in the games.

we are hanging around in games because the sec is as weak as we are. we air ball free throws and make way too many turnovers to be a good team . we need a point guard who will not turn the ball over so much also.zo needs to go back to the big 10.

we are hanging around in games because the sec is as weak as we are. we air ball free throws and make way too many turnovers to be a good team . we need a point guard who will not turn the ball over so much also.zo needs to go back to the big 10.

He doesn't have any eligibility left.

Well my opinion and my observation is the way Martin is coaching, fits this team!! Again the loss of Pearl is somewhat taking a toll on the lack of athletic basketball players. What I mean is we do not have the long athletic make your own shot style of players, we have a bunch of system guys. I love Stokes but he is a big sytem guy and you have to have athletes that can create if you have a Stokes. We have no shooters, no real point guard, I think maybe if he gets some ballers in here that are ballers than can create it would have opened up or will open up Stokes. This team is boring, no creativity and not enough fight in them to make up for the lack in talent.

I've said it before I'll say it again...Hart should look to VN for his next hire if/when Martin gets canned.

Hart won't have too look far. Wasn't Rick Byrd available this last go around? His resume was better than Martin's. Heck, at least he's proven he can recruit shooters, even if they're undersized and slow.

I feel sorry for McRae. His efforts these last 4-5games were all for naught.

Last edited:
Hart won't have too look far. Wasn't Rick Byrd available this last go around? His resume was better than Martin's. Heck, at least he's proven he can recruit shooters, even if they're undersized and slow.

He has earned himself some money.

Actually it's not. He's a terrible coach. Bruce or any competent coach would have beat KY last night. KY is down and with or without maymon we could have one. You guys who keep saying we would have won with Maymon are idiots. Blaming a loss bc we are missing a player is stupid especially when we lose to garbage teams. Why you guys think all coaches should be granted 4 years or more before you judge results are crazy. The writing is on the wall. Jarnel Stokes should be a beast right now. Instead he's soft. That's 100% coaching fellas. Please someone give me an educated answer as to why I could be wrong.

I was referring to the fact that you talked about Big 10 basketball like it sucks or something.

The preseason of CCM's third year will be like Dooley's. He'll have the talent and experience to take a big step forward. Hopefully, he will win a lot of games and use that success to recruit better players. But, if we are sitting on the wrong end of the Bubble this time next year, a lot more people will be ready to move on.

Reactions: 1 person
Well my opinion and my observation is the way Martin is coaching, fits this team!! Again the loss of Pearl is somewhat taking a toll on the lack of athletic basketball players. What I mean is we do not have the long athletic make your own shot style of players, we have a bunch of system guys. I love Stokes but he is a big sytem guy and you have to have athletes that can create if you have a Stokes. We have no shooters, no real point guard, I think maybe if he gets some ballers in here that are ballers than can create it would have opened up or will open up Stokes. This team is boring, no creativity and not enough fight in them to make up for the lack in talent.

I have to ask if you perchance happened to see McRae's stats for the last four games?

Pearl supporters seem to forget that when Tennessee made its Elite 8 run under Pearl, it was under a slow tempo offense. They didn't run teams out of the gym to do so. Cuonzo will be fine.

I just checked; the 2010 team scored under 60 pts only five times in 37 games and scored under 50 pts just once.

Pearl supporters seem to forget that when Tennessee made its Elite 8 run under Pearl, it was under a slow tempo offense. They didn't run teams out of the gym to do so. Cuonzo will be fine.

The difference is pearl's last few teams did this purposefully. There secondary offense right out of the break was flex then if they did not score out of it he would run a set later in the shot clock to get a bucket. The point is, this was done out of strategy under pearl. The difference now is we just can't score because all martin knows or thinks he knows is defense. He and his staff must be totally inept offensively. They may have been able to play it but coaching is different.

Yikes. No offense to Rick Byrd, he has been good at Belmont, but I don't think he knows how to recruit top D1 talent. I would not be excited.

I just checked; the 2010 team scored under 60 pts only five times in 37 games and scored under 50 pts just once.

Well this team has only been under 60 four times in 15 games, and the offense is better recently.

Our offense has definitely gotten better since earlier in the year. We've played well enough to win our last 2 games, but we just haven't been able to do it.

Not giving excuses but he is without his top player in Maymon and also have some top recruits committed for next year. Too early to even be talking about this.

Stokes looks lost without Maymon on the floor to tell him where to go.Maymon has to lead him everywhere on the basketball court.

VN Store

Back