KISS finally in the R&R Hall of Fame

I love this picture!

file.php

Reactions: 3 people
"sigh" (gets on soap box)

KISS music is simple sex-driven"meat and potatoes" power chords and A minor pentatonic scale rock and roll. You know what? So were the Ramones! So is AC/DC. So is Cheap Trick. That doesn't mean they suck. If you don't like their brand of rock and roll that's fine. Opinions vary and I respect yours. However don't ever try and downplay KISS' importance and influence in rock history! They absolutely deserve to be in the Hall and it's ridiculous that it has taken this long for them to get there!

I understand that being popular doesn't = being good. However 40 years and 100 million albums sold has to account for SOMETHING! They've obviously struck a chord with a lot people over a very long established career. If The Backstreet Boys are still around in 40 years selling out concerts, inspiring and influencing younger generations of musicians you might have a case. Until then, that's a joke of a comparison!

One could argue Vanilla Ice had a sizable impact on Hip-Hop. Sure he make it to the hip hop hall of fame?

Them making it is a joke.

What's a joke is that you think it's a joke.

Iconic look that is their own, they have their own football team well if I recall Gene Simmons does, have a video game, trademark facepaint, other rock bands don't have those on their resume including their own freakin football team for crying out loud.

What's a joke is that you think it's a joke.

Iconic look that is their own, they have their own football team well if I recall Gene Simmons does, have a video game, trademark facepaint, other rock bands don't have those on their resume including their own freakin football team for crying out loud.

That's the strangest criteria I've ever scene for being rock n roll hall of fame worthy.

Reactions: 2 people
Did you know CCR has never had a #1 song? We gonna say they aren't one of the best rock bands of all time? Just hard to put a criteria on music when it's so objective.

That's the strangest criteria I've ever scene for being rock n roll hall of fame worthy.

I was talking about in addition to being a successful rock and roll band that sold millions of albums.

It isn't criteria but no other rock band has those on their resume showing they've done far more than just sell millions of albums.
Also what's a damn joke is the apples to oranges of Kiss compared to Backstreet boys.
Kiss has been around way longer and stood a way longer test of time while backstreets boys didn't last as a band.
Like bell bottoms they ended.

I smell a re-reunion

There is no way in hell, only thing gene and paul, especially paul, do, is bash ace and peter, calls them names, and says how worthless they were and still are.., I personally would love to see it.. but I don't think ace and peter deserve to be treated like garbage just so gene and Paul can fill there bank accounts. .

There is no way in hell, only thing gene and paul, especially paul, do, is bash ace and peter, calls them names, and says how worthless they were and still are.., I personally would love to see it.. but I don't think ace and peter deserve to be treated like garbage just so gene and Paul can fill there bank accounts. .

Oh I agree but like you said Paul and Gene are all about money and this would make them s killing. They would probably call it the HOF tour then trademark it to make even more

Reactions: 1 person
One could argue Vanilla Ice had a sizable impact on Hip-Hop. Sure he make it to the hip hop hall of fame?

Sizable impact on hip-hop? No. Unless you mean he was used as an example to make sure and get your samples cleared.

I bet if you asked 100 of the top rap stars that emerged post 1990 very very very few would even put VI in their top 50 influences.

It should be stated that KISS does not deserve to be in the HOF for their music. It's their makeup and stage show that was so great.

It should be stated that KISS does not deserve to be in the HOF for their music. It's their makeup and stage show that was so great.

According to whom? You? Music is subjective. I absolutely cannot stand the music of The Doors but there's no denying their influence and impact. Like I've said before, musical taste varies but 40 years and 100 milllion albums sold has to account for SOMETHING! Not to mention the countless number of artists that have publicly cited KISS as a major musical influence to them. At no point should an artist be inducted into the hall based on one committee's opinion of the quality of their music. The criteria really should be based more on measurables like impact and influence.

Reactions: 2 people
My rock n roll hall of fame:

Tool
Deftones
Nine Inch Nails
The Cure
The Clash
Jimi Hendrix
Chuck Berry

And a few others I can't think of right now.

Oh I agree but like you said Paul and Gene are all about money and this would make them s killing. They would probably call it the HOF tour then trademark it to make even more

The one thing Paul and Gene are all about besides money is their hatred of Ace and Peter. Plus I don't think Ace and Peter have any desire to tour with KISS anymore, no matter how much money is involved.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

My rock n roll hall of fame:

Tool
Deftones
Nine Inch Nails
The Cure
The Clash
Jimi Hendrix
Chuck Berry

And a few others I can't think of right now.

You would leave out The Beatles and Led Zeppelin but put Tool and The Deftones in?!?

Your opinion just became irrelevant.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back