Kirkland, Phillips, and Ugo

I'm looking for clarification. I've seen it rumored that the two will be in Knoxville early this week.

Is this true? Their threads aren't clear.

Thanks!

No. Dead period starts tonight at midnight and is not lifted until January 14th. Once that starts, there are no visits and each staff can have 1 contact per week through this period.

That is why Butch or whoever, made sure they had the last visit with Amadi prior to the dead period. It is also why it was so critical that Phillips was in this weekend, with his mom. By the way, Amadi has not taken an official to LSU and won't take one.

Reactions: 1 person
No. Dead period starts tonight at midnight and is not lifted until January 14th. Once that starts, there are no visits and each staff can have 1 contact per week through this period.

That is why Butch or whoever, made sure they had the last visit with Amadi prior to the dead period. It is also why it was so critical that Phillips was in this weekend, with his mom. By the way, Amadi has not taken an official to LSU and won't take one.

I thought he was trying to take one in January.

I thought he was trying to take one in January.

That was the last thing I saw as well. He had one set up for January. I figured that was why Phillips was not going to decide till the all star game in January. One committing(if what Ugo says is true) just gives away where the other is going. Maybe that is why Amadi will not announce today. He steals Kyle's moment when he does. It makes sense IF they plan to attend the same school to just announce together.

That was the last thing I saw as well. He had one set up for January. I figured that was why Phillips was not going to decide till the all star game in January. One committing(if what Ugo says is true) just gives away where the other is going. Maybe that is why Amadi will not announce today. He steals Kyle's moment when he does. It makes sense IF they plan to attend the same school to just announce together.

That was kind of the logic I was applying too. If they both have already decided on TN, and with the recruiting sites leaking it, Amadi may be telling everyone that he's visiting LSU to throw everybody off their tracks so as not to steal Kyle's moment.

One contact per week by staff but recruits can have unlimited contact if they contact the staff, unless something has changed.

Did anyone else notice that Amadi gave the Ole Miss fins up sign during the high school football All-Star game then Decommitted the next day! I hope Tennessee gets him and Phillips! that will be a big get especially with four or five players from last year's class leaving

If LSU lands Jackson, Phillips, and Amadi I'll be pissed. DE is a huge position of need and IMO the staff should have held on to at least one between the two (Jackson/Phillips). Jmo though.

Reactions: 1 person
Ok now that Jackson de committed I feel 100 percent certain Phillips and Ugo are vols. this sounds to much like phillips calls coaches and says I want to be a vol they all jump for joy then call Jackson and say I'm going to need you to de commit we just got Phillips. And Jackson is like o fiddle sticks it's ok coach I get it I like lsu a lot to coach I'll just go there.

Ok now that Jackson de committed I feel 100 percent certain Phillips and Ugo are vols. this sounds to much like phillips calls coaches and says I want to be a vol they all jump for joy then call Jackson and say I'm going to need you to de commit we just got Phillips. And Jackson is like o fiddle sticks it's ok coach I get it I like lsu a lot to coach I'll just go there.

Nah, they wanted both Jackson and Phillips.

Which would make little sense being that Ugo and Phillips likely attend the same school so Ugo would be delaying the inevitable. I honestly feel like they are LSU bound. Wish I felt differently.

Even with the possibility of walker. I mean I guess your right we did just lose Henderson and Hendrix.

I think the coaches evaluation of some players would surprise some on the board. I see Walker and Phillips as a notch above Jackson and I think most would agree with that at the DE position. That said if it's close between the two then you move Jackson up because he is in state and a stone's throw from home.

Which would make little sense being that Ugo and Phillips likely attend the same school so Ugo would be delaying the inevitable. I honestly feel like they are LSU bound. Wish I felt differently.

I see your point but I think we have done everything Phillips wanted us to do. He wanted to see improvement we have done that we are going to a bowl game. Our defensive line played awesome this year, he will have a great position coach, not to mention playing beside two five star d tackles will make his job easier. I know coach Chablis is a great coach and always has great line man but even he can't say that right now.

I feel pretty good on Phillips currently. No idea where Ugo ends up, I know he said he will play with Kyle but IDK. I will say it's closer than I would like but I think distance wins out in the end and Perry also pulls them here a bit.

Nightmare scenario isn't just Jackson, Phillips, and Amadi to LSU. Think if Martin went with them. :eek:hmy:

I also think distance plays a factor here as well. His mom has a busy schedule being the ad at tsu but it's alot easier to drive two and a half hours to watch him play than how ever long it takes to to Baton Rouge. Plus we open in Nashville
Next year, Lexington is a easy drive every other year and we play vandy every other year. I just think that's hard to say no to.

I also think distance plays a factor here as well. His mom has a busy schedule being the ad at tsu but it's alot easier to drive two and a half hours to watch him play than how ever long it takes to to Baton Rouge. Plus we open in Nashville
Next year, Lexington is a easy drive every other year and we play vandy every other year. I just think that's hard to say no to.

His mom is ok w LSU. It's too close to call IMO

VN Store

Back