Kirby Smart said..

In the post game presser, Kirby said that Peyton talked to him before the game about Peyton wanting Kirby to "recruit his son."

Where does the NCAA draw the line with talking about recruits directly? Is this a recruiting violation?
We've got him! This will bring their program down!

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol
In the post game presser, Kirby said that Peyton talked to him before the game about Peyton wanting Kirby to "recruit his son."

Where does the NCAA draw the line with talking about recruits directly? Is this a recruiting violation?
Duh…

Seriously? Geez...

Wait so Peyton Manning wants Georgia to recruit his son? That's sobering. And disheartening. That might just be the lousiest news I've heard all year.
Think about it.

Peyton (or any dad) wants EVERY team to recruit his son. So many benefits come from a lot of programs chasing the lad.

Peyton never said he wanted his son to PLAY for Kirby, or play at Georgia for anyone else, either.

Get it? :)

When asked after the game what this UGA team can do improve for next year and keep the momentum going, Kirby replied, "maybe we can win a couple more conference games next year."

That was funny right there. I don't care who you are. I love discord!

Disclaimer: It was just a joke I read on a gamer site for nerds.

By time Marshall Manning is ready to sign Kirby will be coaching the scout team at Slippery Rock.

Yeah so Kirby can bench another 5star QB for a hometown Ga boy?

If Smart blows this thing playing Thurston Bennett IV, he’ll catch hell like never before.

I don't blame Peyton not wanting his kid to go here solely on how much expectations and pressure we as a fanbase would put on him. Not to mention trying to play where he sees his dad's stuff all over the place.
Exactly. Kids with legendary fathers simply don't want to follow daddy. That shadow is extremely long and the expectations, in most cases, are simply unrealistic. They'll want to go their own way and make their own name. It's why I don't expect to see another Manning wear orange in my lifetime.

Probably was a jest...

I think Kirby and Peyton have a really good relationship. I doubt if he really said it, Peyton was being serious. Some fans assume these former players and coaches hate one another the way fan bases hate other teams.

Reactions: BRIGA
Lol
Peyton’s son is 10 years old.

And he’s just making nice anyway. Knows what Georgia’s situation will be eight years down the road. And if it were today I doubt Kieten would want him to even go there. They are not a pass happy all sense. Hell they aren’t much of an offense at all.

Ok whatever…This conversation probably went more like that old joke, “I am still just a supporter of the lgbq if I only suck it once, so let me know if I could interest you in offering your son a scholarship.”

Yeah so Kirby can bench another 5star QB for a hometown Ga boy?

If Smart blows this thing playing Thurston Bennett IV, he’ll catch hell like never before.

"Thurston" just put up 41 on you and is 10-0. What kind of idiot would bench that guy? Oh yeah.

Reactions: CigarDawg

VN Store

Back