Kim Caldwell Vol Club Confidential

So she rotates players instead of purposely bench-resting them. Interesting.
People listen to question. Austin said if there is no stoppage of play say 3to4mns would you spend a timeout to sub your players. Answer NO. Question was not do you use timeouts to stop runs by other teams. In CHRIST Alone

given her personality, i find it impossible to believe that if the LVs are not playing hard as a team, she wouldn't call a timeout and light into them.

Her system is her system and the AD chose to make it a big selling point. Every coach is entitled to their philosophy.

That said, IMO recruiting both out of the portal and out of hs would be a hell of a lot easier if she wasn't not only selling a coach untried at this level, but also a system not used at this level in WBB, probably for good reason. Most especially bc it's a system that features less minutes for elites than they like or are used to. Those are huge obstacles.

I agree but many on here have orange-colored glasses on.

She needs to recruit and win a big-time player out of high school who is willing to play that style. After watching Clark the last few years, most of those type of players probably see themselves at a school where they can be like that and reel in the publicity that creates the opportunity to cash in with major endorsements like Clark has. Sharing the substitution limelight with 10 + players doesn't easily facilitate that. She has to sell them on the fact that her style of play can create them into a superstar.

Well we gave our last two coaches 5+ years just because. Hope new coach gets a few years anyway unless it’s fubar. She’s not starting with a lot of top talent.

The key is that those coaches never missed an NCAA tournament and had some though not what was expected success there. If her teams make the tournament and do the same, she will probably get the same timeframe to prove she can compete at the highest level. If her teams miss the tournament and don't do well when they get there - her time will be short.

Let's be honest, the expectation for the Lady Vols is to be contending for the NC every year and to win the SEC. That is why the two before her are no longer here.

To add CKC will not get the years the Holly and Kellie got to prove herself - she is not a former Lady Vol. I know some of you will say that is not right - but it is the way it is with ALL sports at UT.

You think way way to highly of yiurself
You think way way to highly of yourself. You act like everybody is hanging on anything you say . That's to funny.
Coach Jumper said:
it might even be "too" funny
slow down, your're embarrassing "yiurself"

Allvols3:I'll leave that for you, Mr, I know everything about basketball. Dead give away when you put coach in your name. Carry on , oh great one.

Me: SMH This provokes memories of middle school. :p

So she rotates players instead of purposely bench-resting them. Interesting.
She stated that playing time was based on each individual players motor. The longer that a player can play at full effort…. the longer they will play.

Reactions: VolTull
House/RockyTop, I agree 100% that she'll have them ready to compete with quality opponents this season, but perhaps not "immediately." Hopefully by 7-10 games in they'll be inching closer, but there is so much new -- new staff, several new players, new system, new plays -- and it would be near impossible for ANY coach, no matter how capable they are, to get that much done to start the season.

I do believe there'll be a time where the players will be a tad slow to react at the beginning of the season because at that point they'll still be thinking about about their movements, and that kinda leads to mistakes or getting beat. The kind of mistakes that maybe 5 games and 20 practices later they won't make as often.

I truly believe that they'll all reach their light bulb moments at different points in the learning process, too, so keep that in mind.

We are going to have a ball as fans this season, I have no doubt. But we may have to take just a few lumps early-early on. Just a few. But then we'll be, as we say in the country, ready for bear.

Good points. Anyone that expects a miracle like a Final Four appearance next season is purely delusional.

I believe she will make this program feared again, but it will take some time. The present program has no resemblance whatsoever to the great CPS teams of the past. In fact, it has been a steady drift downward from those lofty heights. The program isn’t exactly in the basement, but is first floor at best at the moment.

Fans cannot expect to immediately jump back to the top level. We have to enjoy climbing the ladder step by step…and enjoy the rise.

Reactions: SmokinBob
Good points. Anyone that expects a miracle like a Final Four appearance next season is purely delusional.

I believe she will make this program feared again, but it will take some time. The present program has no resemblance whatsoever to the great CPS teams of the past. In fact, it has been a steady drift downward from those lofty heights. The program isn’t exactly in the basement, but is first floor at best at the moment.

Fans cannot expect to immediately jump back to the top level. We have to enjoy climbing the ladder step by step…and enjoy the rise.
IMG_5272.gif

giphy-downsized.gif

Reactions: chuckiepoo

I think it’s possible if we get that final piece

Reactions: brittannica
I respect your thoughts, but I really don't see Barker either coming to Tennessee, or fitting in to the team if she did. My preferences, in order, would be Maryam Dauda or Hannah Stuelke. Dauda, because I see the need for some more team height.

Jim
Why don’t u think Barker would fit into the team?

I respect your thoughts, but I really don't see Barker either coming to Tennessee, or fitting in to the team if she did. My preferences, in order, would be Maryam Dauda or Hannah Stuelke. Dauda, because I see the need for some more team height.

Jim
Agree...Dauda

VN Store

Back