Kim Caldwell Vol Club Confidential

Why don’t u think Barker would fit into the team?
Everything I have read about our new coach suggests that her "system" or philosophy requires an acceptance from each player of a total team concept. What I have read and what I have seen, particularly when watching some A&M games this last season, did not show me Barker as that team-first player. Any player who so blatantly displays her disdain for the coaches, as Barker did, has to be, in my opinion, a cancer to team solidarity, and thus, unable to fit into what I would expect to be our team ethos this coming season. I acknowledge Barker's obvious physical skills and basketball acumen, but skills and acumen are not the only thing you look for in evaluating an athlete, in my opinion.

Jim

Everything I have read about our new coach suggests that her "system" or philosophy requires an acceptance from each player of a total team concept. What I have read and what I have seen, particularly when watching some A&M games this last season, did not show me Barker as that team-first player. Any player who so blatantly displays her disdain for the coaches, as Barker did, has to be, in my opinion, a cancer to team solidarity, and thus, unable to fit into what I would expect to be our team ethos this coming season. I acknowledge Barker's obvious physical skills and basketball acumen, but skills and acumen are not the only thing you look for in evaluating an athlete, in my opinion.

Jim
I didn’t see any of that, she’s a team player and I’m sure her teammates would agree with me, none of us know anything that was going on last year with her team, so we can’t judge unless we know the facts, I’ll take her in a heartbeat and if she comes the people that don’t like her don’t have to root for her.

I don’t think it matters where u played, you’re either good or you’re not. Kiki Iriafen didn’t play in the Sec but we all know she would dominate in this conference. .
That's not what I meant, but carry on. Having played in a Power 5 conference does help and that's what I meant.

Reactions: glv98

VN Store

Back