Kim Caldwell (Rookie Coach of the Year-WBCA) is named Head Coach of Iconic Lady Vols WBB

Interesting info, anyway--thank you.
Another interesting tidbit... Tara is fed up with the transfer portal. Stanford has a rule that only lets them bring in FR and SO players because you have to already be enrolled / accepted in your degree program, which really hurts her ability in the new world of recruiting.

Well how many recruits were signed in 2022 and 2023 ? That is rhetorical ....zero ...none .....nil .Whose fault was that ? That is rhetorical ....Coach Harper and friends. The only players of quality came out of the portal ....Jackson and Spear .Jackson is gone so how does that leave the cupboard .....that is rhetorical ....in bad,bad shape.
That’s already over with, this is about the future. If the new coach can’t get us elite recruits it’s a waste of time. LSU was in bad shape before Mulkey and look what she did. Looks like u are already making excuses before it happens, I’ll know once I see who the new coach is if we will compete for championships. You need to be able to get the best players in order to hold that Trophy at the end.

Another interesting tidbit... Tara is fed up with the transfer portal. Stanford has a rule that only lets them bring in FR and SO players because you have to already be enrolled / accepted in your degree program, which really hurts her ability in the new world of recruiting.

Does this apply to all of their sports? If so, a basketball player transferred to Stanford last year and was already a JR/SR.

It’s dumb because I want to win, maybe u are fine with losing but I’m not.
No it’s dumb because you are already making excuses to not like the coach. Your posts echoes the same as the Heupel haters when he was hired. I can see you complaining that the coach sucks if we don’t win a NC in 2 or 3 years.

I think Kim Stephens will win a lot of games here. She's a winner, doesn't matter what division. She's taken a historically terrible team to it's best record ever. . . in 1 year.

UT is a top women's basketball school with an elite athletic department. The players will be here. Give Stephens competitive SEC talent and she will just keep on winning.

Would be a home run hire. . . like when Florida hired Urban Meyer.

I’m sorry but I can’t take you serious when you say she would be a home run hire.

That won’t be the new coach or DW’s fault.

But that's one of the primary reasons for making a change. White was supposed to have this diabolical plan in mind whereupon he had a "home-run hire" already on board and a big warchest from which to fling bucks at this sure thing. The new coach was supposed to guarantee top immediate transfers and get commitments from top h.s recruits. Finally, this new coach was supposed to be able to immediately mold a team that could be competing for championships.

That's what we were assured was going to happen. Improvement would mean at least 22 reg.season wins, Top 2 SEC finish, appearing in SECT title game, and Elite Eight. All this should be no later than Year 2 (Year 3 if we show patience).

Last edited:
No it’s dumb because you are already making excuses to not like the coach. Your posts echoes the same as the Heupel haters when he was hired. I can see you complaining that the coach sucks if we don’t win a NC in 2 or 3 years.
I’m not saying I won’t like the coach, we don’t know who it will be yet. I have a few coaches I know will get us to where we need to be. This is the kind of hire that will make or break the program going forward.

Reactions: brittannica
That’s already over with, this is about the future. If the new coach can’t get us elite recruits it’s a waste of time. LSU was in bad shape before Mulkey and look what she did. Looks like u are already making excuses before it happens, I’ll know once I see who the new coach is if we will compete for championships. You need to be able to get the best players in order to hold that Trophy at the end.
Of course it is and whomever he hires will have to do that no matter who it is and none of us ...not you ....not me ..nor anyone else will know about that for at least a year as far as high schoolers are concerned ....portal maybe but most of that will be NIL dependent.

Reactions: travis929
But in order to win, we need the players first.

Correct. Pat Summit understood this with her “You don't take donkeys to the Kentucky Derby” quote.

How do you think those recruiting battles against Dawn and Mulkey are going to go? “Come play for me at Tennessee. I won a title in Division 2”

I’m sorry but I can’t take you serious when you say she would be a home run hire.
I'm not asking you to take me serious. Did my post make sense to you otherwise? Was Urban Meyer a home run hire? Would people at UF call him a home run hire when he was first brought in?

it would be somewhat similar to DW hiring Leipold from a lower division, Scott Frost (who had 0 head coaching experience), even Heupel for the football team (who had only a few years HC experience at a smaller school.)

Regardless of whether it's Stephens or not, DW is elite at hiring winners that fit in perfectly for what his program needs at the time. I have no doubt he'll hire a winner, whoever it is.

Last edited:
But that's one of the primary reasons for making a change. White was supposed to have this diabolical plan in mind whereupon he had a "home-run hire" already on board and a big warchest from which to fling bucks at this site thing. The new goat was supposed to guarantee top immediate transfers and get commitments from top h.s recruits. Finally, this new coach was supposed to be able to immediately mold a team that could be competing for championships.

That's what we were assured was going to happen. Improvement would mean at least 22 reg.season wins, Top 2 SEC finish, appearing in SECT title game, and Elite Eight. All this should be no later than Year 2 (Year 3 if we show patience).
That’s made up nonsense…. DW has said he will not say anything about the search until he is ready to announce the hire…. I dont think DW cares about what fans think or winning the press conference.

I'm not asking you to take me serious. Did my post make sense to you otherwise? Was Urban Meyer a home run hire? Would people at UF call him a home run hire when he was first brought in?

I understand your point of how they turned out. I don’t see anything in her record so far to suggest she’s that type of hire. It’s quite unfathomable to me that she would ever be under any real consideration when are there sooooo many coaches out there who would jump at the chance to come to TN (and who are more proven).

VN Store

Back