Kim Caldwell (Rookie Coach of the Year-WBCA) is named Head Coach of Iconic Lady Vols WBB

Is the Pearl stuff bc he and Candace had a 2-min heartfelt exchange on TV?

Why would a lifelong mens basketball coach who is fresh off an SEC tourney championship and 1 year removed from a FF run leave to coach at a school he was fired from coaching players he has no experience with?
EDIT: not to mention take a massive pay cut!

Is my sarcasm/troll meter broken and Iā€™m missing the jest or is there a faction that actually believes this?
No way Pearl is a candidate - itā€™s just crazy thinking on behalf of a small handful of fans.

And his final four was five years ago (2019).

If she picked against U-T over past 13 years then she probably was correct way more then incorrectā€¦
I disagree...I know I wasn't the only one who had that impression of her. People would call Mickey Dearstone the next morning and he defended her, saying that she picked against U-T to show that she wasn't biased in favor of U-T.

Reactions: Ratvol
So for the people in the know, do you think we get an announcement today so that we get some good pub during the championship this weekend?

Holly, unfortunately, did not work out, but 27 years as Pat's right hand made her pretty damn qualified. FFS, she was Pat's hand-picked successor. Yes, we all know it didn't come together for her, but to insinuate she wasn't qualified is a load of horse poop.
At the time, I liked the Holly Warlick hiring a lot more than I did when Kellie was hire. With Holly, it seemed like the natural changing of the guard. At first, it seemed like she had momentum and that she was the right choice, but the wheels came off the bus badly after a few years. When Kellie was hired, it was like they settled for a low cost option that would make the existing fanbase happy (woman, former player under Pat). I hope they don't make the same mistake again.

Reactions: JCP201 and tbwhhs
No way Pearl is a candidate - itā€™s just crazy thinking on behalf of a small handful of fans.

And his final four was five years ago (2019).
Where have I been? Thanks for
Correction. Seems like I was jealous he got there just yesterday. Time flies!

Reactions: VolCalls
I have to think that DW just didnā€™t really care much about the soccer program - a mistake. The way Pinsky described his exit made it sound like his UT contract extension was in limbo for some time prior to being pursued by FSU. In short, when they called it was a very easy decision. Iā€™m hopeful DW learned from those mistakes (letting Pinsky go without a fight and defaulting his replacement to an assistant). The basketball program is in a totally different class - he has to get this right or people are going to have serious doubts about him being the top-notch AD we think he is.

No offense, but you have a screw loose if you think the LV hireā€”whether great or terribleā€”is going to have people questioning Danny White being a top-notch AD. That comment is laughable at best.

LV basketball is the fourth most important sports program on campus now whether their fans want to believe it or not and and softball is knocking on the door.

Nothing and this is also extremely common and not racist. They are literally trying to prevent children from being sex trafficked. You have to ask questions and thank God there are people who do. Even if it offends someone like Gottlieb.
First few times I ever flew with an infant/young toddler we had to provide proof with a birth certificate. Just flew last week with him as a 7 year old and he was asked at TSA checkpoint to state his full name and what his parents first names were. Sure, he couldā€™ve been ā€œcoachedā€ on what to say but at least there was intent to make sure everyone in the party was who they purported to be.

VN Store

Back