Kim Caldwell (Rookie Coach of the Year-WBCA) is named Head Coach of Iconic Lady Vols WBB

Nothing has changed on the BOT since her acrimonious departure. I don't see how she's a legitimate candidate... She barely has a record...and she wouldn't be a fit personality-wise.

Hi Earl, thanks for the info.

On another note, do you still think the Board would never go for Kara? Has there been much turnover since the dust up? Would DW really stick a finger in eyes like that?

It's so weird that everyone being hyped to today is actually a finger in the eye candidate - Jeff, Brenda, and Kara. Ya'll sure Geno's not lurking out there somewhere just to make it complete?

In what universe is hiring any of these coaches that are said to be the leading candidates... providing NIL that boosters are now reportedly willing to sign off on for the new staff recruitment as additional resources… with the reputation of any of these candidates being named at Tennessee nobody in mainstream sports and on social media outside of the fanatics crew will be taking the Tennessee fans serious that complain. You will just be making yourself look crazy. If any of these coaches I’ve seen named today Kara, Jeff, or Brenda were named Tennessee new head coach it would be consider a major win for the program by every single major sports media outlet. Labeling it a bad hire is simply not the real world view of any of these coaches that are rumored to be leading candidates. Any of them will be a home run hire!
Kara not so much

Walz would be a good hire, with the backing of the department and resources at UT he could win big. Better hire than Frese. Frese has had very good teams only to get knocked out consistently by lesser teams in the Rd of 32 or sweet 16 etc…. Walz got a taste of that this year but he’s been unhappy at Louisville for a minute

Walz would be a good hire, with the backing of the department and resources at UT he could win big. Better hire than Frese. Frese has had very good teams only to get knocked out consistently by lesser teams in the Rd of 32 or sweet 16 etc…. Walz got a taste of that this year but he’s been unhappy at Louisville for a minute
Who has the better record vs dawn and Mulkey?

Serious question bc ik Walz beat Mulkeys Baylor super team

Just me but I'd still rather have Scott Rueck or Kevin McGuff than Jeff Walz.. I realize Walz is the only one who's been to the final four, etc but I still like the others better. Walz has some baggage.

Brenda F would be below all those on my list. JMO but in her current state, she doesn't feel like a huge upgrade over Kellie to me. Same for Kara.

Flame away, but I think I'd rather gamble on a super smart, super energetic up and comer than Walz, Freese, or Lawson.

How is Rueck an up-and-comer? He has been at Oregon State since 2010 and is actually older than Frese. Don't get me wrong, I think that Rueck is a fine coach and a super recruiter (or someone on his staff is). To get elite recruits to Corvallis is no mean feat.

Just to send everyone into a seizure, if we miss on the candidate DW is trying to get, don’t rule out a former LV. Her supporters are definitely putting on the heat.
Gosh I hope he gets candidate because if we get a former lady vol some will never want to get rid of her. That’s why I say it’s best to hire outside.

Reactions: Amb3096 and Ratvol
“We just can't fine them. As a player, would you not care more, Jayda (Curry), if I said, every turnover is $500 — you're out two grand tonight. We would make money as coaches. Our athletic department would make money off our players. Our NIL would come back to the school. But they'd start changing.”

We would make money as coaches.”

Really? You don’t make enough money?

Everything I ever knew about his background came from here.

Maybe if he is reunited with Sam, with more NIL, and a different atmosphere would help? I honestly can’t fault him for HVL with her back in the portal again and not reaching her potential. Honestly don’t know what to think if the two options are him and Lawson.
He was in the final 4 two years ago. His team was consistently top 25 this year after losing a star player. They had a letdown in the tournament, but I don’t think his best years are behind him. Frese had a tougher year, and I’m not sure I’d say that about her either. Both would be very good hires, though not my first choice.

Cue up the firing squad bc I’m going to take 🔥 for saying this…

I think there are some on our team praying the new coach keeps them. I’m not certain our entire roster would get picked up by P5 schools IF they hit the portal.
Oh I agree they want sorry it’s the truth

Reactions: Ratvol
How is Rueck an up-and-comer? He has been at Oregon State since 2010 and is actually older than Frese. Don't get me wrong, I think that Rueck is a fine coach and a super recruiter (or someone on his staff is). To get elite recruits to Corvallis is no mean feat.
Sorry my message was muddled. I definitely rank Rueck and McGuff a level above the up and comers.

I'm trying to accept the idea of Walz if necessary, but he just seems so jerky. I get be tough with the kids etc, but he just seems over the top. Too into coach theatrics.

🚨 🚨

The PR analyst in me says if our Vol insiders are legit, the AD could be tossing out Kara as an option to make it look like a slam dunk when he hires Walz. This would make sense given many here (probably representative of the TN AD circle) don’t seem to like him. Even so, he matches everything Danny White loves. He’s a proven winner and top 10 current coach. That’s like being a moth drawn to a flame. It would be a major win for DW to take him from UL so he’s likely willing to go against some at TN not wanting him.

They’re either priming us for Walz, or playing us for stupid. It’s not Kara.

Bookmark it.
Damn I hope your right

The USC coach is intriguing to me the most out of anyone. Not a phenomenal resume but very veteran coach yet younger at 46. Great recruiter and has NBA experience. Turned USC around and has made the tournament nearly every year at Cal… FYI I’m not a WBB fanatic like some of you in here and don’t claim to be but respect the game and its growth the last 5 years or so. Lindsey would recruit some great talent to the LV’s. We all want the brand back competing for championships and final 4’s again

VN Store

Back