Kim Caldwell (Rookie Coach of the Year-WBCA) is named Head Coach of Iconic Lady Vols WBB

Not one really legitimate source as of yet. If I was KIm and it not true I would want my name out of the conversation and if it is stay silent like she seems to be doing thus far.
;o)
We'll see what happens, but you don't fire a coach for the Lady Vols and then settle for a coach that has 1 year of D1 experience and lost in their first game every by 41 points. If she is the hire, then it tells me we no longer have the influence to get a seasoned coach.
that is exactly what you do.

When you replace a legend with their student,,or another legend,,,expectations are through the roof.
If you replace a legend with one that is on the rise it is a much more tactician's move...If she bombs expectations were low, but if she exceeds expectations, then the AD looks like a genius

I think DW must have had this just about (or completely) settled before firing Kelly. He is someone that takes his time and does things in a very deliberate manner. I think the announcement is being postponed until Monday or Tuesday in order not to distract attention from the end of the tournaments.

Last edited:
hah i agree with you it is funny many of the people here rebelling against caldwell are the same ones who thought holly and kellie were perfect for us

Not true for all of us - what I am not comfortable with is the firing of a Lady Vol who had us in the NCAA every year, being competitive in that game for a no name hire. This needs to be a very seasoned hire.

DW strikes me as a “river boat gambler”. He’s cocky and confident in his ability to find the diamond in the rough. That has me thinking it may very well be KC.

I think DW must have had this just about (or completely) settled before firing Kelly. He is someone that takes his time and does things in a very deliberate manner. I think the announcement is being postponed until Monday or Tuesday in order to not distract attention form the end of the tournaments.

Last edited:
;o)

that is exactly what you do.

When you replace a legend with their student,,or another legend,,,expectations are through the roof.
If you replace a legend with one that is on the rise it is a much more tactician's move...If she bombs expectations were low, but if she exceeds expectations, then the AD looks like a genius

So you are okay with setting the expectations for the Lady Vols as "low"?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I am not.

Even with those FT misses, they still had the game all but won. All Tennessee had to do was not give SC an easy inbound pass, an uncontested 3 point shot, or (God forbid) both and they would have won. Instead, it's like Kellie wanted to see whether or not SC could defy the odds and took away all of the obstacles in the way.
. Yeah that banked in 3 was pure shooting

So you are okay with setting the expectations for the Lady Vols as "low"?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I am not.
You sir or maam or whatever should be put in charge of hiring the new coach.....it is obvious you know who the best person is for the job based on extensive research and know more than AD White .You know that if he hires someone that you do not like that he is settling expectations for the Lady Vol's as "LOW" without giving that person one day on the job must less a year to prove her/his worth . You are indeed the Nostradamus of hiring Women's basketball coaches .....well done .

I’ll give any hire for any sport a blank slate and full license to sink or swim…not that it affects their success level in any way. Other programs and their fans will minimize any hire we make…it’s a defensive predilection. Don’t do their work for them.

VN Store

Back