Kiffin Out

He has had problems calling plays in high profile games. Remember how bad the playcalling was in the semifinal game against Ohio St a couple of years ago?

See 05 BCS title game USC Texas. That game shouldn't have been close.

He has had problems calling plays in high profile games. Remember how bad the playcalling was in the semifinal game against Ohio St a couple of years ago?

Didn't Bama score over 40 points in that game? O wasn't the problem, IIRC.

Reactions: 1 person
This isn't uncharted territory. UT won a NC with Sanders calling his 1st game.

I wonder if Cut got a NC ring since he was gone before the game?

edit...yeah he got one

Q: Do you have a 1998 National Championship ring? And, if you do, have you ever worn it?
A: I do and it's proudly displayed at home. I don't wear a lot of jewelry. I'm proud to have it and proud to have been a part of that season.

Last edited:
Not entirely. He didn't throw the pass. He just stopped giving it to Henry, who was averaging > 7 ypc.

During the halftime game interview Saban made a reference to getting back to running the ball. He didn't seem mad, but I did wonder if he wasn't pleased with Kiffin's play calling when he said that.

So that's Kiffin's fault?

No it's not,it's player execution. A lot of fans would argue differently and say it's Butch's fault tho if it was UT. Not starting anything but that's what would happen.

Maybe Saban didn't want Kiffin getting another championship ring???

Coaches who stay on staff through conference championship games almost always receive rings if they leave between conference title game and National title games. David Cutcliffe got one here even though he went to coach at Ole Miss.

I don't think Saban was too happy with the Tide's offense against Washington...

LSU & Orgeron laid the path how to beat the Tide. UW confirmed it, they just did not have the horses to hang on, but make no mistake, Clemson has the horses and backups to hang with the Tide. Turn the Tide freshman QB into a dtop back passer. He cannot read defenses, he's not that accurate, he also envisions himself as "the hero" and keeps the ball waaay to much against good defenses and that does not work.He's an extremely talented running back who can hit wide open receivers on busted plays he busts.

Reactions: 2 people
Didn't Bama score over 40 points in that game? O wasn't the problem, IIRC.

They scored points but the play selection was awful. Derrick Henry only touched the ball 15 times, Yeldon 10. Had Sims throwing the ball over the field; his pick 6 was a crucial play in that game and he also threw 2 other INTs.

They scored points but the play selection was awful. Derrick Henry only touched the ball 15 times, Yeldon 10. Had Sims throwing the ball over the field; his pick 6 was a crucial play in that game and he also threw 2 other INTs.

OK...but the bottom line is scoring points (to a certain extent), which they did. The problem that night was the D and no one talks about that.

OK...but the bottom line is scoring points (to a certain extent), which they did. The problem that night was the D and no one talks about that.

How many points did Ohio St get off of turnovers? It was 7 at a minimum and I can't remember if there were any others.

I agree that ultimately it came down to Elliott and Cardale Jones giving their D too much trouble, but Kiffin's playcalling was head-scratching.

Ole Sark didn't want to share his Boogers with ole Lane!!!! LOL
fldjutjfylltrke8gzdz.gif

Reactions: 2 people
How many points did Ohio St get off of turnovers? It was 7 at a minimum and I can't remember if there were any others.

I agree that ultimately it came down to Elliott and Cardale Jones giving their D too much trouble, but Kiffin's playcalling was head-scratching.

OK but the bigger problem was the D for Bama which somehow gets a pass.

VN Store

Back