Kiffin >>>>>>>>>>>>> Dooley

I don't know...can't quite put a finger on it buuuut.....just didn't quite feel as bad...

It's the 26 year streak coming to an end and it eliminated us from bowl contention. I live out here in the west so beating UCLA is a bigger deal to me than maybe you. Especially after I drove 12 hours to go see the Vols lose in the Rose Bowl the year prior.

Just like UK last week, UCLA/UT was a battle of ineptitude.

You have got to be kidding me. If UCLA was using a WR at QB. Or maybe if we had made it a yearly tradition for 26 previous years on beating them. That loss was no where near as bad as this.

They might as well have had a WR playing QB, and our QB wasn't playing with a broken thumb. The UCLA loss ranks right with Wyoming and UK in my mind. So embarrassing.

A 5-7 SEC team = a 6-6 PAC 10 team in my mind.

It's the 26 year streak coming to an end and it eliminated us from bowl contention. I live out here in the west so beating UCLA is a bigger deal to me than maybe you. Especially after I drove 12 hours to go see the Vols lose in the Rose Bowl the year prior.

Just like UK last week, UCLA/UT was a battle of ineptitude.

Yeah, I guess that is it. When we play UCLA, I sort of expect a tossup. We've won some over the years; and they have won some. I know they have been down for the last few years, but we don't hear much about it and it was the start of the season and all. So I wasn't all that surprised that we lost to UCLA. Turns out they had a terrible team so it would have been a different feeling if we had been playing them in November and they were like 2-7 coming into the game.

Kentucky on the other hand...no quarterback...everyone realized early that the dude probably could not throw the ball down the field very far....seems like we should win that game 95% of the time

Yeah, I guess that is it. When we play UCLA, I sort of expect a tossup. We've won some over the years; and they have won some. I know they have been down for the last few years, but we don't hear much about it and it was the start of the season and all. So I wasn't all that surprised that we lost to UCLA. Turns out they had a terrible team so it would have been a different feeling if we had been playing them in November and they were like 2-7 coming into the game.

Kentucky on the other hand...no quarterback...everyone realized early that the dude probably could not throw the ball down the field very far....seems like we should win that game 95% of the time

Bray was so inaccurate. With a healthy thumb I feel like that game ends up 28-3 with us on top.

Getting beat by UCLA at home was as bad, if not worse than getting beat by Kentucky on the road. UCLA was not a bowl team if they played an SEC schedule.

The '09 UCLA squad would pummel the Kentucky team that Tennessee played on Saturday.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
They might as well have had a WR playing QB, and our QB wasn't playing with a broken thumb. The UCLA loss ranks right with Wyoming and UK in my mind. So embarrassing.

A 5-7 SEC team = a 6-6 PAC 10 team in my mind.

I think Wyoming was worst than either of the other two. I saw them play Wyoming in Nashville opening game of whatever year that was ...2003 / 2004 or something? Of all the games I have ever seen, and it is quite a few, that game featured the biggest differnce in team speed that I have ever seen. Wyoming was slow slow slow....and I guess the Vols were somewhat fast that year. Don't know about that. After watching that game live, I would not have thought that Wyoming could beat Tennessee any time in fifty years.

As a coach...not gonna discuss the merits of their character.

If Kiffin was here, yeah we would be on probation...booohooo...USC and Ohio St seem to be doing just fine with that.

If Kiffin is here we would have had 8-10 wins and would have competed hard for the SEC East.

Like it or not it's true.

If my aunt had a penis....................

Bray was so inaccurate. With a healthy thumb I feel like that game ends up 28-3 with us on top.

Yeah, I don't know if it was thumb, bad head cold, hungover, Da'Rick and him weren't really in the mood because it was too early in the morning, or what, but that is the bottom line....you can say whatever you want....Tyler just had a really really really bad game. That last pass which was intercepted was an excellent example. On 4th and 17, Rivera was actually open for a first down. But Tyler threw it about three yards behind him. I would say it was the thumb but the thumb seems ok against vandy. He just had no energy about him right from the start. Hindsight is 20/20 but I wish we had tried Simms for one drive.

Yeah, I don't know if it was thumb, bad head cold, hungover, Da'Rick and him weren't really in the mood because it was too early in the morning, or what, but that is the bottom line....you can say whatever you want....Tyler just had a really really really bad game. That last pass which was intercepted was an excellent example. On 4th and 17, Rivera was actually open for a first down. But Tyler threw it about three yards behind him. I would say it was the thumb but the thumb seems ok against vandy. He just had no energy about him right from the start. Hindsight is 20/20 but I wish we had tried Simms for one drive.

There were some pretty poor throws against Vandy. He was missing open guys both weeks, he also had some throws that were on the money. Bray was 66% for the season, and then went for 49% against Vandy and 40% against Kentucky, so it was clearly bothering him.

That's a blindass guess. They beat Temple by 9 (and had to come back). They beat lowly Washington by 1 at home.

Just calling it how I see it. UCLA at least made a bowl that year and could put some points up on the board every now and then. They weren't that good of a team, but did just enough to get into the postseason. Kentucky on the other hand was near dead last in scoring this year and could only put 14 points on the board in the first game of the season against Sun Belt opponent WKU.

The loss against UCLA at home was bad. The loss against a Kentucky team that used a WR at QB all game was terrible.

There were some pretty poor throws against Vandy. He was missing open guys both weeks, he also had some throws that were on the money. Bray was 66% for the season, and then went for 49% against Vandy and 40% against Kentucky, so it was clearly bothering him.

Yeah, I will cut him some slack on it. Good point on the numbers. Admire him for getting back out there. Weird how they were so jacked up after Vandy and then so flat for Kentucky

As a coach...not gonna discuss the merits of their character.

If Kiffin was here, yeah we would be on probation...booohooo...USC and Ohio St seem to be doing just fine with that.

If Kiffin is here we would have had 8-10 wins and would have competed hard for the SEC East.

Like it or not it's true.

I can't believe we fired him. You think we can get him to come back to Tennessee? We should make more threads on him so we can get the attention of Volnation. There haven't been nearly enough threads on him because the Mods delete them all. I think he will leave SC if we promise not to fire him again. He never did anything to us and we let him down. Kiffin is VFL and I hope we are talking about him until the return of Christ.

Last edited:
I can't believe we fired him. You think we can get him to come back to Tennessee? We should make more threads on him so we can get the attention of Volnation. There haven't been nearly enough threads on him because the Mods delete them all. I think he will leave SC if we promise not to fire him again. He never did anything to us and we let him down. Kiffin is VFL and I hope we are talking about him until the return of Christ.

Yep, Hamliton got out the overhead projector and proceeded to fire him for "Cause". :)

Just calling it how I see it. UCLA at least made a bowl that year and could put some points up on the board every now and then. They weren't that good of a team, but did just enough to get into the postseason. Kentucky on the other hand was near dead last in scoring this year and could only put 14 points on the board in the first game of the season against Sun Belt opponent WKU.

The loss against UCLA at home was bad. The loss against a Kentucky team that used a WR at QB all game was terrible.

UCLA had Brian Price, Alterraun Verner, Rahim Moore and Akeem Ayers on their Defense. Does UK have that many future NFL players starting on their D?

Treviathon and Guy are solid ball players. I don't know of any others

Reactions: 1 person
Heeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllo Dawg Breath...aka leg humper..........aka crotch sniffer.........aka ball licker.....

You boys gonna whup them Cajuns this weekend?

I wouldn't put any money on us winning. They should beat us pretty good. But the game will be played I guess. Maybe the breaks will go our way and the NCAA will be so embarrassed that they finally do something about the system.

I wouldn't put any money on us winning. They should beat us pretty good. But the game will be played I guess. Maybe the breaks will go our way and the NCAA will be so embarrassed that they finally do something about the system.

I want you guys to win!

And I also want UCLA to beat Oregon. I heard that the Ducks are favored by 31 1/2 points. What is the point spread on UGA vs LSU?

Pretty sure this has already been posted before. Regardless of whether Kiffin is better or not, what the hell is the point? He isn't at UT anymore. Good grief.

Now where were we on finding us a sexy new coach....?

Here is Mark Stoops and his lovely wife Chantelle....last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it! (woof!)

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

The system definitely needs to be changed. Something isn't right when LSU could sit their starters for this game, take the lose, and still play for NC.

Bob and Carol Stoops...not too shabby...a little too old imo

Attachments

• bobstoops.jpg
    bobstoops.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 34
It's also sad they refuse to call Kiffin a good coach.

He might be a sorry SOB and a lying POS but he's damn good coach.

He didn't want to be here and that's fine. He's gone. However, he's an example of Tennessee getting a coach others wanted and not settling for a WAC coach with a losing record.

Tennessee can get a better coach than Derek Dooley, be it tomorrow or a year from today. To make excuses for this past season is a slap in the face to this program, moreso than leaving for a job you wanted in the first place imo.

I agree that Kiffin is looking like a good HC but to be fare he had a losing HC record coming into the Tennessee job and lost to a UCLA team that we were favored to win and more talented.

VN Store

Back