Kiffen has got a house but there is a catch

who cares...they gave him $500K on a $5.5MM dollar house..

hopefully he defaults
it goes to forclosure
then SDV or 520 can pick it up in a foreclosure

Reactions: 1 person
go vols extra must have quite a slow news day if they're posting stories about Southern Cal

I always love all these "hourlies" all wrapped up over $s...

Careful VolNation...your Trailer Park is showing...

Reactions: 1 person
Best piece of advice to Lane: Rent don't own....

By the way, even by USC standards I'd say he vastly underachieved with that roster...next season will be make or break for him....IMO

If it were only him , I'd be with ya , but I don't wanna see anyone's wife and kids get displaced.

Get outta here with that! WHY DO YOU PEOPLE HATE ON TEE!?!? He has a good gig out there, even if it is under the devil himself. If I had to choose between both having good coaching careers or neither, I'd choose both. Because this is a family and I care about each and every person that has put on that orange jersey!! You people forget that these are people just like you and I. He has a family to provide for, and for you to want his termination, on a day like to today, with the economy as it is, shows a lot about who you are. I'm not trying to say your a horrible person, just strongly disagree with this post. And btw, definitely don't give a rats tail about Kiffin, but I hope that Tee has a long and healthy coaching career. And another thing I don't get, is people act like this will be Tee's ONLY chance to coach in Knoxville. The man WILL coach UT! Just not right now. Tee is still progressing as a coach, and has certainly not hit his peak what-so-ever. I believe that Tee will end up coming here as an OC because he is certainly on his way to that position. Just give it time, and he will come home! Merry Christmas to all my family in VolNation, including the OP! :salute: Go Vols!!

who cares...they gave him $500K on a $5.5MM dollar house..

hopefully he defaults
it goes to forclosure
then SDV or 520 can pick it up in a foreclosure

It is my understanding that the USC $500K loan is subordinated debt. If this is the case, USC will need to pay-off/buy the 1st Deed of Trust or they get nothing. The house is in Mahattan Beach, so they will be numerous bidders, even in a bad economy. Right now in the LA area, there is tons of off-shore cash looking to buy property. The off shore cash recognizes the LA real estate market for upper tier property is undervalued due to US economic problems (limited jumbo mortgage loan product) and they have been on a selected buying spree in SoCal. Manhattan Beach is definitely "select". In any event, it will take much more than $520K to pick up the house. That is probably close to the right amount for the auction or earnest deposit.

I'm not a Tee hater, but he certainly hurt UT by coming and turning us down. He'll be able to sit in any recruit's house and say he saw what UT was, is, and will be about. Then say that usc is a much better choice, in his opinion. I understand it is done everyday in recruiting. But this lovefest for Tee is just a little much. He was a great player and great for UT, but that day is gone. He is now straight up recruiting against UT and IMO, used UT to gain an advantage for usc.

I still hope that he eventually comes to UT to coach, but I will not make this more or less than what it is. He is coaching for another team and used UT to gain an advantage in recruiting against us. It is not the end of the world, just is what it is. No need to hate him. Also no need to falsely believe that Tee would never do anything that would negatively effect UT, while doing his job.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back