Kevin Punter has committed!!

Not really worth arguing about at this point but I will make one more point. If Martin valued defense so highly why did it take him so long to get Moore back into the normal rotation? JMO, but I think Martin did have a "doghouse" and some guys worked their way out (Moore and Reese) and some never did (Edwards and Miller from last year). Just my opinion but it's the only way I can understand how Martin handled his players and their playing time.

Again. Not worth arguing about. I can fully accept that the public line was "play defense" and Martin held him out for that. And that's what your arguing.

Fan perception of Moore on defense did not fit with Martin's perception of Moore on defense. Moore does not fit the philosophy that Martin prescribed to on defense. Moore is much more of an extend and gamble type defender (which is why he fits Tyndall system so well). Martin wanted pack-in and keep your man out of the paint defense.

I saw where Punter, who is only 6'3" has the wingspan of a 6'9" player. This he has the potential create a lot of havoc on defense in both the press and in the match up zone.

Fan perception of Moore on defense did not fit with Martin's perception of Moore on defense. Moore does not fit the philosophy that Martin prescribed to on defense. Moore is much more of an extend and gamble type defender (which is why he fits Tyndall system so well). Martin wanted pack-in and keep your man out of the paint defense.

I think it's a bit more complicated than that. Plus, Moore seemed just fine in a Martins defensive scheme. I stand by my belief that he was in the dog house.

Edwards couldve helped the team. Underutilized. Strong finisher with either hand and no worse on D than Reese.

VN Store

Back