Kesling

SUCKS......I listened to the Vanderbilt broadcast of the game and it was superior. It was funny hearing them trying to build up Vandy. It must be hell to have to build them up game after game.

Ya know that's a really good point. If those guys can make that funeral parlor of a stadium come to life on the radio, then they could jump the moon at UT.

Reactions: 2 people
Sorry but Randy Smith is awful! Have you heard him call a basketball game on TV. He's constantly getting players' names wrong and etc. I'd rather keep Kesling if Smith was being considered. The least these guys can do is study the players and their facts so they can at least get that right.

Agree...he's terrible

So J.R. Calling the games would be something like this?

[youtube]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C8R-MaNSZ20[/youtube]

My vote goes to Dave Hooker!

Why?? Every 2 sports related sentences will be sandwiched with an advertisement for Clancy's Whiskey House. I vote for John Wilkerson. TN guy that calls a great baseball game. And when the aloof Jimmy Hyamms isn't bringing him down, John's pretty hilarious. I actually like Dave too. He seems to be slowly changing into Basilio. Which I suppose, there are worse things to change into than Tony B.

A good play by play guy is supposed to call and describe a game like your there watching it. They are supposed the give down and distance and the score regularly. I listen to a lot of other college announcers on Sirius radio and hear some good broadcast teams. Some broadcast teams give info on injuries,matchups and other info tv dosen't give. I think great radio play by play is becoming a dying art because of tv and people getting experience in the radio field. With a great announcer like ward or other greats, you could close your eyes and envision your watching the game. I always muted my tv and would listen to john and bill, and would get so much more from the game. Don't get me started about the horrible tv guys that talk way too much about everything.

Why all the talk about replacing Bob. He isn't going anywhere or have I missed something.

We will never have another John Ward. Bob is enjoyable to listen to. To those wanting him replaced, the pasture is not always greener on the other side of the fence. We could do much worse.

I enjoy listening to Bob Kesling. Im not as critical as most of you guys!

His punt return call lacked any sort of enthusiasm but I tend to agree with you. Most people on here, if tossed a microphone, couldn't string 3 words together if asked to call a live play.

I like Bob Kesling.....ever since I was at UT, Hess Hall days....Kesling is VFL, and I wanted to stick up for him

Reactions: 1 person
I really enjoy Kesling during basketball games. He has good flow, and good dynamic to his calls. Then I listen to him call a football game, and it's complete opposite. Trash really.

I think he is worse at basketball games.

HE NEVER GIVES THE SCORE!!!!!!! EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

The more I complain on VolNation the more time goes by between giving score time...........

It's like he reads this stuff and gets worse on purpose just to piss us off...................

Biggest mistake Kesling ever made was follow John Ward. Who do you guys want Finebaum?
I like Kesling better than Eli Gold or that guy Vandy has.

VN Store

Back