Kentucky down to 6 players

Well I don't think she will find many prospects on the Gulf Coast playing in the sand.

A good coach's mind cannot be read. Its what makes em a good coach. If she's prospecting on her own time, welcome to coaching. ,,I got a haircut yesterday and met a 5'6" 120 lb rising sixth grader,. .. You don't think you can mix sand and basketball? . . . I mixed hair-cut and basketball!

Reactions: 1 person
they are saying that to save face they are not going to re commit . I have not seen a player de commit to re commit

No, it tells me that both Cox & Holmes wanted to stay close to home in Texas, which they did. McCoy's Dad basically sold his daughter to OSU in exchange for offering the other daughter a scholarship, which Holly wouldn't do.

Had we not recruited these three and focused on others who had expressed high interested in coming to Tennessee, the 2016 class would've been much better.

If you didn't like Holly before, you aren't going to like her in the future, so there's no point in arguing about it. She could sign the #1 recruiting class and there will still be "fans" who want her gone.

She has had 5 star players every since she became the HC, the question is can she coach them into final four caliber? No matter which way you slice it, Holly has yet to prove she can consistently compete with top ten teams.

Nared, Russell, Tucker, Jackson, and Cooper were all 5 star according to Hoopgurlz Proof Holly can recruit I did not even mention DeShields

Last edited:
Nared, Russell, Tucker, Jackson, and Cooper were all 5 star according to Hoopgurlz

Graves Carter and Jones were Pat's last class in 2012

That's right. Holly has still brought in some top recruits since Pat left the program. No doubt about it. I want to know what has happened for her not be able to get a single top 100 recruit for 2016? That's what I don't understand. It happened so fast.

She got Cooper(#12 recruit) & Jackson(#49 recruit) for 2015 who both were top 50 recruits. Yet, we couldn't get a single player from the top 100 to commit to Knoxville for 2016. Just puzzling to me!

That's right. Holly has still brought in some top recruits since Pat left the program. No doubt about it. I want to know what has happened for her not be able to get a single top 100 recruit for 2016? That's what I don't understand. It happened so fast.

She got Cooper(#12 recruit) & Jackson(#49 recruit) for 2015 who both were top 50 recruits. Yet, we couldn't get a single player from the top 100 to commit to Knoxville for 2016. Just puzzling to me!

Well I believe putting all your resources into two recruits that we had no chance at was a big mistake (Cox and Joyner) and then Tori was a different story and I don't blame Holly for losing that recruit. She was going to be a late commit because she had to do work in school to get the papers to sign and the family was hoping Holly would give a scholarship away to her sister, who would be hard pressed to get a scholarship at a D2 school.

From what I understand is Holly and Elzy did not see eye to eye on who to go after and when to stop the recruiting process based on interest of recruit.

For instance, its been said that going hard after Kalani in 2016 class was a mistake because there was a lot of reasons to believe she was a Baylor lean... We lost out on Kristine Anigwe because of that dead end effort and that was largely Elzy's call. Anigwe, one of the best posts in WCBB last year as a freshman, would've most likely ended up in Knoxville had we made her priority and those close to her have said as much.

A big reason to be hopeful for future recruiting is what has happened in the last few weeks with Greene and the fact that we are on Boothe's radar again and we offered Dorie Harrison. Holly isn't going to wait on recruits to decide anymore before handing out additional offers... something Pat rarely did either. She has a number of recruits holding offers as of now and it's first come first serve...

I had heard Kristen was a huge lean for us, mostly because her and Cooper are GREAT friends....if any of what you say is true, I'm deeply saddened we didn't put more effort into getting her. She was PHENOMENAL her freshman year at Cal!

Slice it anyway you want...the problem with recruiting and players playing to their ability lies totally on the person who is in charge of the program.

Reactions: 5 people
fire Dave Hart!

Yeah... Let's fire the man who is responsible for Butch Jones and Rick Barnes making our FB and BB programs back in the prominence... Coach Warlick is finally out of the sites of posters for a moment and now they take aim at the one who is choreographing excellent moves across the athletic spectrum......THINK!

Damn, gule, you're like those crowd scene instigators in the old "Godzilla" movies. They yell "kill the monster" and like a school of fish, they ALL go. When the whole time the monster is fighting for them.

VN Store

Back