Kenny, Chuck, and Shaq

BKUifdBCMAAdmRS.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
You don't need to have those numbers when you win.

Grizzlies and Pacers are out there playing team ball with no one really trying to take over. Some of those guys could put up bigger numbers if needed but they don't need to. I actually just debated a Knicks fan over this. Ask any Knicks fan and they'll tell you Hibbert has dominated the series. Some of them thought he was averaging 20-12. He's averaging 12.5pts and 10.8 rebounds. So now you have a Knicks fan saying well he doesn't consistently put up big numbers. Naturally, I asked him how consistently putting up big numbers has worked out for Carmelo. He was going on about how Hibbert only had 6 points the other night and he's overrated. He never stopped to think that's all Hibbert needed to do to win. He attempted 8 shots and his team won, who cares what his numbers were? This season was the 2nd time in Carmelo's 10 seasons he made it out of the 1st round in the playoffs.

Point is, Harden makes the Thunder better and doesn't have to put up the numbers he's putting up in Houston. Just like Bosh doesn't have to put up the numbers he was putting up in Toronto to win championships in Miami. So obviously the Thunder would be a better team if they still had Harden with the current roster. But actually, I think the Thunder would be better if they kept Harden and traded Westbrook as well. jmo

But yeah... some players are better than their numbers indicate because they're willing to sacrifice. Bosh went from a franchise player that was taking the Raptors to the playoffs to some people believing he's mediocre because he takes a backseat to Lebron and Wade. He can put up bigger numbers but he doesn't need to. Winning > stats. :)

Last edited:
"Buddies, thwy make your feet feel fine! Buddies, they cost a dollar 99!" - Shaq and Kenny singing about Greg Anthony's shoes lol

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back