Kelz crying broke down there...

I don't care what anyone says, the college, the boosters, the NIL have always bought and will forever continue to buy players.

What he may mean is LSU will not pay fair market value and match what another program offers for a player they previously bought.

I don't care what anyone says, the college, the boosters, the NIL have always bought and will forever continue to buy players.

What he may mean is LSU will not pay fair market value and match what another program offers for a player they previously bought.
Yeah. He means that LSU won't (in their view) overpay guys or get into bidding wars with other programs. He's claiming they have a number and they won't go over it. Which is what any HC is going to say.

Reactions: jackaro and McDad
LSU bought a CWS & a Women’s NC. It’s a call to his boosters, like Saban, to sent more money.

Reactions: HalfullVol
Yeah. He means that LSU won't (in their view) overpay guys or get into bidding wars with other programs. He's claiming they have a number and they won't go over it. Which is what any HC is going to say.
I sell _________ for a profession. That's exactly what we say, right before we make a better offer. 🙄 Every negotiator WANTS it to be BKs way, but unfortunately it's not. That'll comfort the red meat fans @ LSU and make them feel proud of their leaders strong principles though. 😂

He's definitely got range, it seems...Kelly is not one to be typecast. Next up: a starring role in the Hallmark Channel's "A Christmas Boudin"*

* Alternate title: "Corndogs for Christmas"

I heard he was starring in the remake of National Lampoons Christmas Vacation as Uncle Eddie

You have to admit, he does have a strong resemblance

Since he sits in a crevice between Texas, Oklahoma, and Alabama I am willing to bet he changes his mind.
I am willing to bet he gets out of football just like Saban. The old school guys do not want to deal with the new "NIL" brand of football.

Since he sits in a crevice between Texas, Oklahoma, and Alabama I am willing to bet he changes his mind.
When you think of LSU's position in the CFB world surrounded by these programs flush with cash, it makes me think they need to build something very targeted and appealing to keep that talent in-state. I would add aTm to that list of rich programs LSU has to compete against and win these bidding wars.

I have always thought LSU is the biggest loser in this round of SEC expansion. They rose to prominence during two decades when Bama was the only other act in town on their side of the conference with AUB popping their heads up from time to time. They were the dominant West team when Les Miles inherited a program with the table set by Saban. He didn't mess it up. Orgeron was/is not the coach to keep that going.

It is going to take something special for them to maintain their status as a dominant SEC program going forward. Kelly's claim to fame is winning everywhere he has been HC. Winning at Central Michigan and Cincinnati is no small accomplishment. Especially when Cincinnati was not mentioned in football. We have become accustomed to them winning now, but they weren't even a big deal in the Big East when he was hired. Unwise to dismiss him down there yet. He can coach football and he has better talent everywhere than he ever had at ND.

Reactions: Orange Navy
When you are the HC at LSU you will never struggle with recruiting. Got Saban to thank for that.
Not to take anything away from Nick but LSU has always produced great instate talent and kept that instate talent as well. They’ve had a particularly great run at a few positions over the past few years.

When you are the HC at LSU you will never struggle with recruiting. Got Saban to thank for that.
I'm not sure they have Saban to thank for that. Saban was the first coach in a very long time who showed them what the potential of the program was, but they've had a lot of in-state talent there for a long time. LSU should have been a lot better pre-2000 than they were but was bad at hiring coaches for a long time.

VN Store

Back