Kellie Harper discussion/debate thread [merged]

We still have alot of tough games left and especially on the road, but not any quality wins I don't think

And in women’s basketball that’s good enough to make the tournament. The latest bracketology had 8 SEC teams in the field. We’re tied for 1st in the league with wins over 3 sec teams projected in and a 4th win over GA (projected first 4 out).

Reactions: Voluble2
And in women’s basketball that’s good enough to make the tournament. The latest bracketology had 8 SEC teams in the field. We’re tied for 1st in the league with wins over 3 sec teams projected in and a 4th win over GA (projected first 4 out).
I just don't see this team advancing in March

Reactions: Voluble2
I thought that was Sam Williams' role? She's the one who is creating the LV presence on the appropriate social media channels to engage with potential recruits. She's getting them to come on campus and to list the LVs as finalists, so the question is what's going wrong during the handoff to Kellie that's causing prospects to go elsewhere?
I have been asking that for over a year....

Reactions: Ladyvol777
Harper is in season 4 and we have seen nothing to suggest she can put the program back where it belongs. AD White has some decisions to make and he seems like the type who doesn't like to lose. Would love to see Harper succeed but I don't see it. Much like the situation with Warlick, it's sad.

It’s hard to predict these things . . . But I see little reason to believe she will field a top team / elite 8 type team next year. This team looks like a high seed maybe 1 and done type team.

Harper will still be the coach next year (I think). But I don’t see her making it longer than next year.

I don't even follow the girls team like I used to because it's been nothing but a pathetic showing anymore, but I will watch everytime it's on TV or a big game.

Would yall who follow closely say Kelly is on the hot seat? I really hope so and I hate saying that because she's a good person but this is embarrassing

Not really. The team has gotten better under her and I think women's basketball is a low enough priority that it is good enough for now. Recruiting will be what gets her if anything does. Two years and counting since her last high school commitment. I am not counting the ones who are so far down the road that they can't affect whether she is still here or not. Anything can happen between now and then.

There is no real commitment to get back to being a perennial final four team and that is what protects her more than anything. And we aren't even bothering to compete with NIL apparently. Either the dollars aren't there or Kellie is not letting the recruits know they are available. We should have a huge advantage with NIL so it is really almost criminally negligent that we can't outbid other programs for kids. This is how you can tell we are not serious about being a contender. Kids shouldn't be leaning towards us and then go elsewhere because of a better offer. If we aren't going to pay up then we need to just shut it down entirely because all of our efforts will be futile.

This year is probably Kellie's high water mark for talent, which is why the season has been so disappointing. As you can see, even with us as fully loaded as we are ever likely to be, and with UConn being down to 7 players, we are not really competitive with them. And most of the fanbase is satisfied enough with that state of affairs that we are unlikely to make a change anytime soon.

But if it comes to it, I do think White will do a good job finding a coach for us. We are a program living in the past, and we are going to have to let that go before we can move forward. I think White can do that.

Some have called it hyperbole, but here's where the current team stands now about a third of the way through the season:

Field Goal Percentage: .398 WORST IN SCHOOL HISTORY (next lowest .408 in 2015-16)

Free Throw Percentage: .589 WORST IN SCHOOL HISTORY (next lowest is .627 in 1985-86)

Three Point Percentage: .278 THIRD WORST IN SCHOOL HISTORY (two worst were .231 in 1988-89, .254 in 2015-16)

Points Per Game: 66.9 SECOND WORST IN SCHOOL HISTORY (worst was 65.6 in 2015-16)

Assists Per Game: 12.9 TIED FOR WORST IN SCHOOL HISTORY (the 1992-93 team actually finished with 12.91)

PLEASE QUIT CONFUSING FACTS WITH ISSUES..................

Reactions: Darth_Vol

VN Store

Back