Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per

JG needs to grow up fast or he will be on the bench. Don't know if it's Butch's fault or not but he held onto the football way too long and didn't make plays. If he doesn't take a big step forward, we need someone else

Reactions: 2 people
Yeeeeeeeees!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

Also post #100K

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I'm trying to figure out how you hit 100k...

We will see. I do not think he is mentally tough. Good coaching can fix that though.

The one thing JG showed was he WAS mentally tough? What’d you watch? Sure he pouted the first game. But he quickly owned up to it. He went in play after play with no oline and never quit.

Reactions: 8 people
JG needs to grow up fast or he will be on the bench. Don't know if it's Butch's fault or not but he held onto the football way too long and didn't make plays. If he doesn't take a big step forward, we need someone else

This post is spot on. JG has shown physical toughness, (mental not so much), other than that he has shown no ability to lead the offense. I'd be willing to bet, 4 games if not earlier into the 2018 season, this guy or Strout will be our starting QB. Heck Mcbride has shown more poise and leadership on the field than JG.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
Based on his tape, looks like he isn't scared of pulling the ball and lowering his shoulder unlike Dormandy to keep defenses honest.

Reactions: 1 person

Yes he was running for his life last year. Needs to take out those earrings and grow up.

Reactions: 3 people
A whole lotta Big Orange Boom ish!

Tennessee just instantly added another season and a half of winning starts to the current QB position group's collective college football game playing experience. This should make everyone at the position better.

Reactions: 3 people
Haha, not a chance. I believe he’ll be your starter come September.

KB, I normally would agree with this but I think considering the offensive style, and Chryst's experience/physical makeup would make me differ.

IMO, the scenario in which JG starts will play out like this: if he struggles in the first half of WV, Chryst will come in.

Last edited:
Is he someone who's gonna set the record books on fire? No

But he's a great game manager and fits the offense well, plus he brings maturity which is something the QB position is lacking.

Not surprising at all every staff wants their own guy at QB this means McBride and JG are gonzo.. They will sign another quarterback this year and so forth

KC does appear to be a big guy with a strong arm & not afraid to mix it up. Nice touch, too...though that Stanford OL provided some good protection. That's the variable here, VN. :whistling:

VN Store

Back