Keep him or let him go

I think some of you really need to look at your expectations for the basketball team. The NCAA tourney wasn't going to happen this year, there's no sure way to tell but I'm fairly positive things would have been much worse under CCM this year. Some of you need to come to the realization that Tennessee basketball will never be UK basketball.

Tennessee isn't Kentucky, however, if you look at the record book, you will find that no team has as many wins against the cats than UT!

If CDT remains the coach here, then the number of wins over ky will grow in the future, therefore we will continue to distance ourselves from all other teams. The reason that I believe this is bc when Donnie gets his full complement of players, he will drive jc nuts, since ky hates playing against a team with a pestering defense.

Last edited:
I think some of you really need to look at your expectations for the basketball team. The NCAA tourney wasn't going to happen this year, there's no sure way to tell but I'm fairly positive things would have been much worse under CCM this year. Some of you need to come to the realization that Tennessee basketball will never be UK basketball.

Under CBP Tennessee was better than KY for 4 of his 6 years. So it can be done. So do not tell us what the expectations should be.

Tennessee does not have to be Kentucky in basketball...screw Kentucky and their one trick pony of a sports program...at Tennessee you have got to make the Tourney on a consistent basis and advance to the sweet 16 about half of the time you go dancing...everyone will be compared to Bruce and should be because he proved it can be done during this era of basketball...you can be a better coach/worse coach than Pearl but end results are what matters and what you will be judged on...I would like to think Tyndall can turn things around but if we are sitting here in 2 to 3 years and he has not recruited or got the results we want then I will be pissed off we did not get rid of him now when we easily could of...hard to determine what will happen but it is a tough decision...this year and next year are basically a waste...just wish things were easier for VOLS hoops...I have always thought we have the arena, we have the other facilities, we have some of the best hoops fans numbers wise outside of the true blue blood basketball schools...we are even surrounded by uk,ul to north and unc, duke to east but we can never seem to get things going the way we want for long...look at most of the sec, they would love to be playing in TBA and have the Pratt Pavilion...we blow away schools like Arkansas, LSU, and UF in almost every way but those schools have had far more success than us in the big dance...I do not get it but I am ready to break through and be a top 20 perennial team..besides the 6 or 7 truly great basketball programs I do not know why we can not break and stay into the 2nd or 3rd tier of college basketball...I will stop now and continue dreaming I guess

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back