Keep Butch if he pulls upset today?

I don't know if I remember seeing any pro Butch folks on here over the last 2 weeks.

Will any opinions change about Butch and replacing him even if he pulls the upset today?

Would it be enough? Are you just that completely checked out that even knocking off #1 Bama at home wouldn't even bring you back in?

Are you just fed up with the ups and downs of Butch and know that even if he pulls a miracle off today, that he could literally turn around and lose to UK or any other team or all the rest of the season?

Even if a miracle happens, the relationship is toxic. He still has to go.

Reactions: 3 people
I don't know if I remember seeing any pro Butch folks on here over the last 2 weeks.

Will any opinions change about Butch and replacing him even if he pulls the upset today?

Would it be enough? Are you just that completely checked out that even knocking off #1 Bama at home wouldn't even bring you back in?

Are you just fed up with the ups and downs of Butch and know that even if he pulls a miracle off today, that he could literally turn around and lose to UK or any other team or all the rest of the season?

Sure

He’s checked out. If Hell reaches 20 below 0 today, there should be an investigation concerning who snuck in and coached the team.

Jones could win this game, completely change the narrative on everything, then choke against KY next week.

It's a phenomenon known as Butch being Butch.

never happen

That plus a promise to dump a few assistant coaches would buy enough points with Currie to keep him on.

So we just keep dropping assistant coach after assistant coach while the real problem is the guy in charge? Not a good plan. Jones has to go.

If he pulls the upset then no way he is canned this week. I still think it is time but any coach who beats Alabama has to be given another couple of games to see what they do. No matter how hot the seat is.

That would mean Butch broke the Georgia, Florida, and Alabama streaks that have plagued Tennessee. Tall order today.

I'd like to try to enjoy the game despite Butch if I could. Having to face negative outcomes if we win gives me cognitive dissonance.

That plus a promise to dump a few assistant coaches would buy enough points with Currie to keep him on.

That would be hard to do seeing as he's already resigned. No there is no scenario possible that has him back next season.

Keeping it under a 50 pt beating would be a small victory. This game won't be close by halftime so we didn't won't have to worry about finding a way to win.

He could win this game. There are 22 future NFL players on his side of the field. He would need to dramatically change it up and completely surprise Bama in order to win. What does he have to lose? Stubbornness is his main attribute so I predict he will run the team at full speed head on into that brick wall he has built! Bama 56 UT 0

"Checked Out" That would be the op. Well, it got some attention. Some on here don't have a clue. After 50-0 maybe; but I doubt it.

41-0 home loss to Georgia trumps anything Butch can possibly do. There is no win he can pull off to save him. Of course this is all fans opinions. If he did pull off the miracle today, then its likely Currie would be giddy qnd give him another raise and extension.

Reactions: 1 person
He’s checked out. If Hell reaches 20 below 0 today, there should be an investigation concerning who snuck in and coached the team.
Agree. Was at the game last week , as I am most weeks. On one of If not the last play Muschamp had called a TO to set the D. The offense was huddled up and a coach not Butch Jones was trying to talk them up . Butch was standing a good 15 yards away with his Arms crossed like he just didn’t give a hobos d*** cheese about the outcome of the game.

Pregame said 2% chance; that means either Divine intervention or their players come down with stomach viruses, cramps, pneumonia, and diarrhea.

VN Store

Back