Kanye West

You start saying things like …. I you were intellectually homest which implies that the are not. Then toss in a “ how hard is it for you to understand “, which questions intelligence . Name calling ensues shortly after that.

You start saying things like …. I you were intellectually homest which implies that the are not. Then toss in a “ how hard is it for you to understand “, which questions intelligence . Name calling ensues shortly after that.
Yeah, you failed. I was expecting a far better effort.

And the world is more nuanced and complicated than just calling one group totally evil and another totally good. Having a conversation about Nazis, for whatever reason, is considered to be a 3rd rail issue. The Nazis, by popular thinking by the sheeple, were totally evil and contributed nothing to humanity. Kanye saying (or alluding to) the Nazis having some good people is no different than Trump saying there were goad and bad people on both sides in Charlottesville.

Facts

There are thousands, millions, billions of people - almost quite literally everyone - that warrant an “ACTUALLY, hot take, they were kinda good” before we get to the Nazis lol. You’re concerned that their reputation is too harsh after killing several million people? OK

There are thousands, millions, billions of people - almost quite literally everyone - that warrant an “ACTUALLY, hot take, they were kinda good” before we get to the Nazis lol. You’re concerned that their reputation is too harsh after killing several million people? OK
No, I want these people to be intellectually honest and stop trying to act all self-righteous because obviously, the Nazis had some use and contributions to humanity.

No, I want these people to be intellectually honest and stop trying to act all self-righteous because obviously, the Nazis had some use and contributions to humanity.

Interestingly, many on the right can have a nuanced view of our Founders (some of which owned slaves) and deify Lincoln (who to his dying day wanted to ship blacks out of America to a colony) but then lose their mind when someone has a nuanced view of other groups from history.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
Interestingly, many on the right can have a nuanced view of our Founders (some of which owned slaves) and deify Lincoln (who to his dying day wanted to ship blacks out of America to a colony) but then lose their mind when someone has a nuanced view of other groups from history.
If Thatcher and Reagan are allowed to have a nuanced view of Pol Pot vs the "reasonable" Khmer Rouge, I don't see WTF the issue is of having a nuanced view of the Nazis. These people are just clowns.

Reactions: DonjoVol and volgr

Leave it to you to prop up fascists, comrade.

8f7fb08e-dadb-4626-92b9-5e7b350a1458_text.gif

If Thatcher and Reagan are allowed to have a nuanced view of Pol Pot vs the "reasonable" Khmer Rouge, I don't see WTF the issue is of having a nuanced view of the Nazis. These people are just clowns.

She was very good at lying through her teeth. 'We couldn't do anything against the KR'. That's because 'we' didn't want to do anything against them; we backed them against the Vietnamese.

They got the German economy on track but they did that to build their military, which didn't turn out so well for humanity. What did they contribute to humanity?

So nobody has heard of Operation Paperclip?

Why was the U.S. interested in bringing over 1,600 scientists and engineers from the former Nazi Germany after World War II?

There's also an award given out here in the U.S. called the Debus Award. Named after Dr. Kurt H Debus. He was one of the many scientists brought over to the U.S. from the former Nazi Germany.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
"The Nazis may have killed over 10 million people, BUT they also helped other militaries find ways to kill even more people, so all in all I think they get a bad rap."

What an argument. Also, out of all of the insane things Alex Jones says on a daily basis, not liking the Nazis was the one thing Kanye took issue with, and people are now playing edgy devil's advocate on his behalf. Goodness.

Why was the U.S. interested in bringing over 1,600 scientists and engineers from the former Nazi Germany after World War II?

There's also an award given out here in the U.S. called the Debus Award. Named after Dr. Kurt H Debus. He was one of the many scientists brought over to the U.S. from the former Nazi Germany.
Yes the US benefited greatly. Their rocket tech benefited NASA. That’s why it was secret, if Americans knew we imported some bad players, it would have caused an uproar. As it should.

Reactions: Sandman 423
Yes the US benefited greatly. Their rocket tech benefited NASA. That’s why it was secret, if Americans knew we imported some bad players, it would have caused an uproar. As it should.
Let's not forget that we also took a bunch of Nazis and had them doing subversive activity in Latin America to fight leftist regimes there and of course, we supported the Stepan Bandera group to irritate and disrupt the Soviets.

So yeah, the US found plenty of uses for Nazis.

Reactions: NurseGoodVol
Let's not forget that we also took a bunch of Nazis and had them doing subversive activity in Latin America to fight leftist regimes there and of course, we supported the Stepan Bandera group to irritate and disrupt the Soviets.

So yeah, the US found plenty of uses for Nazis.
Wolfenstein was the best use for the Nazis imo. German Labour front was a distant second.

Hmmm. Maybe a Kayne - Walker ticket should run. Then the level of federal stupidity will be irrevocably exposed to the point a far left attack on the Capitol would be justified. ;)

How did that benefit humanity?

VN Store

Back