Kamara on starting tonight on NFL Network vs Chargers

Jesus, people. Just stop.
Be a man and thank Hurd for what he did here, wish him well, and move on. That's all there is to it.

Anyways...

Who the heck couldn't like a guy like Alvin Kamara? Absolute beast mode.

Reactions: 11 people
Jesus, people. Just stop.
Be a man and thank Hurd for what he did here, wish him well, and move on. That's all there is to it.

Anyways...

Who the heck couldn't like a guy like Alvin Kamara? Absolute beast mode.

Some people like to live in the past. I thought this was a thread to celebrate Kamara so can we focus on how awesome he is and not bring up a former player?

Reactions: 4 people
He was dinged up a lot during his time here. Both knees at once last year, missed the South Carolina and Mizzou games I think...after a bi-week. So he was definitely knicked up.

Alvin Kamara was awesome while we had him. Let's move on. Maybe we should have ran him 40 times a game. Maybe not. Would he have stayed healthy with that work load? Who knows.

But I think his maturity and tough running lives on with John Kelly and his will live on with Chandler and Jordan. That's how I like to look at it. He brought a lot more to the RB room than just his carries. Plus in the future he will be able to come back and give our future players advice and personal mentoring.

Win-win. Love AK.

Reactions: 2 people
Agree with most of what you wrote. That said, Hurd was plodding toward the record 2-3 yards at a time after a ton of carries.

My thought is that Hurd should've split carries/touches with AK rather than getting the overwhelming lions share of them. Fact is, had Hurd set the school rushing record, he would've only done so while getting nearly 100 more carries than record-holder Travis Henry, who was clearly a light years better running back at Tennessee than Hurd.
This KB! What if Kamara had as many touches as Hurd? He would have owned every rushing record in our books.

Surely to heaven above you're not suggesting it's easier to rip off a 50 yard run vs NFL competition than an SEC defense. You're not suggesting that are you?

Yeah, that doesnt even qualify as the cute and playful brand of stupid.

First carry of the night, 50 yard td sprint! Wonder what Hurd and his classless mom are thinking right about now.

I seriously doubt Kamara is having any thoughts about what Hurd and his Mom are thinking. I don't care either. I am sort of wondering why anyone would care enough to post about it.

Kamara had a great night. That's what should be the focus. Not what some former player and his mother thinks about it

Even carries.....I've not even advocated for that. I've always said 60-40 Hurd would've been much better....50-50 would've been great.

Also, as I'm sure you know, 4.5 yards per carry in college ain't very good. That was good for 18th best in the SEC and nowhere near top 100 in the country in 2015. I work with a guy who was an outstanding college running back, in his university's athletic hall of fame. I asked him his opinion of Hurd at Tennessee....he said he always thought he was "terrible....just terrible". His word, not mine.

then he's an idiot. He was anything but terrible. Regardless of him quitting, that's an absurd opinion.

Where did your buddy play ball? Lambuth?

Reactions: 3 people
Can we get some more highlights from Kamara from the other night? Not much ado with Twitter lol

"always thought he was terrible"

Perhaps he noticed the diminishing returns between years 1 and 2 and saw the disaster coming in year 3? I personally noted it on here, though I wouldn't have been bold enough to predict "terrible."

Perhaps he noticed the diminishing returns between years 1 and 2 and saw the disaster coming in year 3? I personally noted it on here, though I wouldn't have been bold enough to predict "terrible."

His first two years, he was better than above average. He was first team all-SEC his sophomore year in a league of the best RBs in the country. I thought he was a better back his second year than his first. You're probably looking at pure statistics, as in yds gained, in making your assessment. That's what most uninformed fans do

I seriously doubt Kamara is having any thoughts about what Hurd and his Mom are thinking. I don't care either. I am sort of wondering why anyone would care enough to post about it.

Kamara had a great night. That's what should be the focus. Not what some former player and his mother thinks about it

Wonder all you want. It irked the hell out of me when Hurd's mother took a classless shot at Kamara, who seems to be about as fine a young man who's ever put on the power T, on his big, life-changing day/the day he was drafted. Crossed my mind again when I saw Kamara do something, again, that proves her stupid public comment wrong.....so shoot me.

You never forgave him for shunning Saban and Bama. First huge get for Tennessee that Bama badly wanted.

His first two years, he was better than above average. He was first team all-SEC his sophomore year in a league of the best RBs in the country.

He was 2nd team. Henry and Fournette were first. Hurd was 2nd with Collins, though Collins got more votes.

Wonder all you want. It irked the hell out of me when Hurd's mother took a classless shot at Kamara, who seems to be about as fine a young man who's ever put on the power T, on his big, life-changing day/the day he was drafted. Crossed my mind again when I saw Kamara do something, again, that proves her stupid public comment wrong.....so shoot me.

You'll get over it eventually. Most everybody else has.

This.

I remember that I didn't like it only after something was posted about it. The affirmation of her being stupid was the day she made the idiotic comment.

Yes it is. Can only wonder about the game-changing type splash plays that AK never made because we were feeding Hurd over and over again for his 1-3 yard carries. Another quick thought.....when Alvin got his first carry tonight, in his second professional game, he did something Hurd never did in nearly 600 career carries at Tennessee....break off a 50 yard td run.
If you are talking from a pure talent perspective as a runner in the SEC.. you're crazy. Kamara was.is not a feature back. he is a 1b back. he is lightning and needs a thunder.

I think the best comparison would be Reggie Bush/Lendale White. Had reggie ever had a Lendale White in the pros he would be an HOF RB. Without Lendale at USC you never hear about Reggie. Obviously someone in Hurd's camp was aware of that comparison and said yeah we don't want you being Lendale.

There is a reason that SEC running backs enjoy more success by a large margin in the NFL than other conferences RB's, because they play against darn near NFL defenses regularly. The platoon at RB started in the SEC then moved to the NFL.

Hurd+Kamara is exponentially more effective than Hurd or Kamara. Hurd beats them up Kamara gashes them. But hurd got tired of taking on that role because he wanted to be lightning instead of thunder. It feels like hilariously the big thing on VN when he first signed wa right his true position is TE. But he does not want to be a blocker and eat hits thus why he is now trying ot be a WR (wont work out).

Hurd had the talent to be the next Eddie George. Kamara has the talent to be the next Reggie Bush.Actually I think end of day he falls somewhere between Bush and Faulk as far as accomplishments in the pros and talent.

You'll get over it eventually. Most everybody else has.

AK busting the long run just reminded me. I know you defended her when she sent out the tweet, didn't bother you, no worries, to each his own. I just take exception to butt hurt adult taking pot shots at a young man doing really well for himself and beautifully representing my university/program. Doesn't bother me a bit that there's an inverse relationship to him doing well and her very likely finding a little extra salt in the wound.

VN Store

Back