Kaela Davis

I would never ever suggest that I know any insider information or that I know more than DeerPark or VolCrazy89. That is why I said, "I will tell you what I know." The information I shared is factual. It may not be the straw that broke the camel's back, but it did take place, and I shared what I knew to people who wanted to know. If I were told in confidence, I would not have shared it. I am not here to air "dirty laundry," and we are all aware, at least those from the Summitt are aware of DP's and VC's opinion on this topic. However, I think the over the top cloke and dagger mystery of all this stuff is rather silly. It is natural for people to wonder and question. All of us don't have the "insider" status of DP and VC. I don't think anyone should get all bent out of shape over some people asking. If you can't share just say so. No need to act superior and tell people "if you want to know, go find out yourself." SMH. I guess this board isn't going to be any friendlier to plain ole Lady Vols fans than the Summitt was. If you aren't with the "clique" you pretty much get told to go away. Of course it isn't said that plainly.

Reactions: 1 person
Hey ladyvols1 - Hang in here with us Summitt refugees and plain ole Lady Vol fans. I'm sure DP and VC meant no disrespect.

I'm actually kind of excited to have a free LV board like this one, and I hope lots of other LV fans come on board.

Reactions: 2 people
I would never ever suggest that I know any insider information or that I know more than DeerPark or VolCrazy89. That is why I said, "I will tell you what I know." The information I shared is factual. It may not be the straw that broke the camel's back, but it did take place, and I shared what I knew to people who wanted to know. If I were told in confidence, I would not have shared it. I am not here to air "dirty laundry," and we are all aware, at least those from the Summitt are aware of DP's and VC's opinion on this topic. However, I think the over the top cloke and dagger mystery of all this stuff is rather silly. It is natural for people to wonder and question. All of us don't have the "insider" status of DP and VC. I don't think anyone should get all bent out of shape over some people asking. If you can't share just say so. No need to act superior and tell people "if you want to know, go find out yourself." SMH. I guess this board isn't going to be any friendlier to plain ole Lady Vols fans than the Summitt was. If you aren't with the "clique" you pretty much get told to go away. Of course it isn't said that plainly.

I don't dispute anything you said, just was stating that situation was not what I was referring to.

I can't share more, out of respect to the people involved. I've tried to put that as gently as possible, only to have one poster on here attack me for it. When Ms. Davis is safely signed elsewhere, I'll share the story, if I am permitted to.

This is EXACTLY right and it absolutely killed the old board. There are a ton of Lady Vol fans who wouldn't have anything to do with that place because of how it was run. You had the "in" crowd who thought they were the acolytes sharing all of the inside info while actually doing a lot of damage by letting speculation run rampant that they had the power to stop. But then they wouldn't get the subscriptions by freely sharing info. So for all of the talk about protecting the program they were just protecting their nut. Which is fine except for the pretension, condescension, and hypocrisy of it all.

Telling people to pick up the phone and call to get information that you already know but won't share is really beyond the pale and is unacceptable behavior. There is no reason to post on a message board if you are going to take that attitude. If you were told something in confidence and don't want to burn your source then that is fine. No one is going to argue with that and we will be grateful to learn what you are able to tell us. But we can do without the passive aggressive moral posturing and the holier than thou... "you don't deserve to know" attitude. If your neighbor comes to your door to borrow sugar you don't give them a lecture on how to find the grocery store... not if you want them to like and respect you. That is just basic common courtesy.

But on a message board people will also want to know your motivation for not sharing because that is the sole reason to come to these places. If you are here and are not willing to do that then you are going to catch some flack. If you give people a bull**** reason for not sharing then your reputation will take a hit and opinions will be formed of your character. This is of course perfectly reasonable.

You don't get this sort of thing on boards for men's sports for some reason... certainly not to this extent. And the reasons for getting dumped by an important male recruit almost always come out. Certainly no one runs around pretending it is a big secret... especially when the two parties have moved on and aren't in contact anymore.

I don't have the slightest idea what makes some Lady Vol fans act this way but it is very off-putting to normal people who want to post about the Lady Vols and interact in a normal fashion like is done on every other board and it does nothing to broaden the fanbase.

Hopefully if this place picks up steam we will have less of this teenage girl sort of behavior or we can attract a few better posters with contacts who won't sneer at the average fan and their desire to follow the program as closely as possible.

This is EXACTLY right and it absolutely killed the old board. There are a ton of Lady Vol fans who wouldn't have anything to do with that place because of how it was run. You had the "in" crowd who thought they were the acolytes sharing all of the inside info while actually doing a lot of damage by letting speculation run rampant that they had the power to stop. But then they wouldn't get the subscriptions by freely sharing info. So for all of the talk about protecting the program they were just protecting their nut. Which is fine except for the pretension, condescension, and hypocrisy of it all.

Telling people to pick up the phone and call to get information that you already know but won't share is really beyond the pale and is unacceptable behavior. There is no reason to post on a message board if you are going to take that attitude. If you were told something in confidence and don't want to burn your source then that is fine. No one is going to argue with that and we will be grateful to learn what you are able to tell us. But we can do without the passive aggressive moral posturing and the holier than thou... "you don't deserve to know" attitude. If your neighbor comes to your door to borrow sugar you don't give them a lecture on how to find the grocery store... not if you want them to like and respect you. That is just basic common courtesy.

But on a message board people will also want to know your motivation for not sharing because that is the sole reason to come to these places. If you are here and are not willing to do that then you are going to catch some flack. If you give people a bull**** reason for not sharing then your reputation will take a hit and opinions will be formed of your character. This is of course perfectly reasonable.

You don't get this sort of thing on boards for men's sports for some reason... certainly not to this extent. And the reasons for getting dumped by an important male recruit almost always come out. Certainly no one runs around pretending it is a big secret... especially when the two parties have moved on and aren't in contact anymore.

I don't have the slightest idea what makes some Lady Vol fans act this way but it is very off-putting to normal people who want to post about the Lady Vols and interact in a normal fashion like is done on every other board and it does nothing to broaden the fanbase.

Hopefully if this place picks up steam we will have less of this teenage girl sort of behavior or we can attract a few better posters with contacts who won't sneer at the average fan and their desire to follow the program as closely as possible.

What a load. It takes a different mindset to get all of that out of what's taken place here. It sounded to me like people are trying to bully the info out of DP. I don't know DP personally but I have been around a while and I do know that bullying won't work. I think I can see what "killed the old board".

What a load. It takes a different mindset to get all of that out of what's taken place here. It sounded to me like people are trying to bully the info out of DP. I don't know DP personally but I have been around a while and I do know that bullying won't work. I think I can see what "killed the old board".

As time passers, I think this board will become much better than the old board on the other site. The old board appeared to be a bunch of frustrated NOW members who wanted to communicate only with themselves. They can now have their private board and the normal fans can communicate on this board. When this board begins to get some current information, I will become the dominate board for Lady Vol sports.

Another typical ladyvols1 post. Where shall I begin?

I never suggested that you were wrong and the sole point of my post was to point out that that wasn't the main reason for everything -- and I never said you said that it was the main reason. And what you said is true. I just said there was more to the scenario and that what you said wasn't the main reason for everything. At the same time, I was trying to give a little more info. I haven't given specific names, but it should be fairly clear to anyone who has been reading and isn't in their "give me all the info dammit!!" rage.

I find it ironic that you mentioned getting bent out of shape, because that's what you were known for on The Summitt. In the past you had been a valuable poster and I, and others, enjoyed your posts. Then you went off in a huff and didn't post in a while and when you started posting again every now and again the posts were rude and/or whiny. You weren't very popular there up until it went to pay-only because of your incessant whining about EVERYTHING someone said, not because of a "clique". You seem to be 'offended' by A LOT of stuff. People tend to get annoyed when someone is constantly complaining about what they write. If you think I'm being mean by saying that, sorry, but it's the truth. Not to mention you couldn't stay on topic (like the post you just made about me telling you you were wrong ... when I never said that). You attacked a gay woman poster on the board when she said "butch". She attacked back (rightfully so) and then you went off in a huff per usual. Nothing cliquish about that. If you don't want to get called out on a message board, then don't post. I have many times, and I've dealt with it and moved on. You know the saying about staying out of the kitchen if you can't take the heat? Yeah. This may be some news to you, but people do disagree with each other. :good!:

What I said was true. People are attacking DP for not giving them the whole story. Why? Why do they think they are entitled to the info? Let them go get the info for themselves like he did, especially if they're going to get bullyish about it. As I said, all anybody needs to know is that Kaela isn't coming here and she isn't being recruited. She no longer has a scholarship offer.

No need for acting "superior". The people acting like they are entitled to private information are doing that just fine on their own. :birgits_giggle:

Last edited:
I started this craziness, only giving my opinion of a article I read. Sure you can disagree with my opinion. I don't like for someone to disagree with my opinion however and not give information other than another opinion on the subject. Especially if this person is hinting knowledge of what is really going on. I did not bully anyone, just ask for the facts. If I have abused someone by asking for the facts, maybe next time a person will be more careful about how they respond. At any rate, I did not intentionally try to maneuver information that was not to be discussed. I suppose we will have to agree to disagree on this subject.

Another typical ladyvols1 post. Where shall I begin?

I never suggested that you were wrong and the sole point of my post was to point out that that wasn't the main reason for everything -- and I never said you said that it was the main reason. And what you said is true. I just said there was more to the scenario and that what you said wasn't the main reason for everything. At the same time, I was trying to give a little more info. I haven't given specific names, but it should be fairly clear to anyone who has been reading and isn't in their "give me all the info dammit!!" rage.

I find it ironic that you mentioned getting bent out of shape, because that's what you were known for on The Summitt. In the past you had been a valuable poster and I, and others, enjoyed your posts. Then you went off in a huff and didn't post in a while and when you started posting again every now and again the posts were rude and/or whiny. You weren't very popular there up until it went to pay-only because of your incessant whining about EVERYTHING someone said, not because of a "clique". You seem to be 'offended' by A LOT of stuff. People tend to get annoyed when someone is constantly complaining about what they write. If you think I'm being mean by saying that, sorry, but it's the truth. Not to mention you couldn't stay on topic (like the post you just made about me telling you you were wrong ... when I never said that). You attacked a gay woman poster on the board when she said "butch". She attacked back (rightfully so) and then you went off in a huff per usual. Nothing cliquish about that. If you don't want to get called out on a message board, then don't post. I have many times, and I've dealt with it and moved on. You know the saying about staying out of the kitchen if you can't take the heat? Yeah. This may be some news to you, but people do disagree with each other. :good!:

What I said was true. People are attacking DP for not giving them the whole story. Why? Why do they think they are entitled to the info? Let them go get the info for themselves like he did, especially if they're going to get bullyish about it. As I said, all anybody needs to know is that Kaela isn't coming here and she isn't being recruited. She no longer has a scholarship offer.

No need for acting "superior". The people acting like they are entitled to private information are doing that just fine on their own. :birgits_giggle:

I don't think you are mean, I just think you are judgemental. I did not attack anyone, here or on the Summitt. I never personally called anyone out or made personal comments about anyone. I simply said I was offended by the term "Butch". I didn't tell anyone they were unpopular, or wrong, or rude, or whiny. I just said I didn't like the term and was offended by it. The negative comments I made post-season were mostly about the attacks on Brittney Griner and the "rude" comments people were making about another human being. When I stated my disapproval of some of the things being said many people acted like I had committed a felony.

When I read something that I don't agree with and post a rebuttal, you have decided the post was whining/rude. It comes across as the height of hubris for you to say that any post of mine is negative simply because I state an oposing point of view.The fact that I didn't jump up and say "ya buddy, I agree with everything you all say," doesn't mean I am whiny.

So, here I am on another board with you feeling it necessary to tell me I am an unpopular poster on the Summitt. Well, I would like people to make up their own minds without you giving a character reference, but it is a free country and you can say anything about me you choose.

Secondly, I don't go off in a huff. When I stopped posting regularly on the Summitt it was because I am a fulltime care taker for an ill mother and I work full time as a teacher. I don't have time to post every time there is breaking news. Therefore, when I did get on I often made several comments that felt strongly about, it just so happens it was often the opposite viewpoint of some of the "regular" posters. I am sure you can find issue with this post too. You usually do where my posts are concered. That is what the ignore button is for.

You don't know a thing about me and I am far from whiny, but it is true I tend to have little tact. I pretty much say what is on my mind. If that appears rude to you I am sorry for any offense I may have caused.

If you don't see me post for a while, don't assume I am "going off in a huff." It might be that I am sitting in a hospital with my mom or working my ass off to educate teenagers who don't seem to want to take responsibility for becoming productive citizens. (not whining, just facts)

I doubt you and I will ever agree on anything, except, we both love the Lady Vols. Have a great weekend, and just for the record, I hope KD doesn't ever put on Orange. That boat has sailed and the only players I am interested in are the ones who put on the Lady Vols uni with pride.

I don't want to argue with you. As you said, we are both LV fans and we can just agree to disagree on the rest (except for Kaela since we agree on that). I would like to think this board could be a good place for former Summitt members to be able to post. While I am a Summitt poster and went back and forth between being in favor of it being pay-only (each scenario has its pros and cons), I can understand those that do not want to pay or cannot afford to pay for the subscription.

I disagree with the notion that it is a "cliquish" board. Many of us have posted there for years and are more familiar with each other than other posters. I've disagreed many times with some of the main "regulars" there (i.e. Maria, beanster, TinyVol, etc.) and I think by now I could be considered a "regular" there since I've posted for six years. It's just like any other board that has been around for a long time. I've been posting there since before it was Scout and it was GridScape. I was in high school when I started posting.

I am the last person to ever get offended by anything. You've never said anything that came close to offending me. As for very little tact, I guess you and I have something in common. :thumbsup:

I hope you have a great weekend as well. I just hope it's cooler than last weekend. :no:

I disagree with the notion that it is a "cliquish" board. Many of us have posted there for years and are more familiar with each other than other posters. I've disagreed many times with some of the main "regulars" there (i.e. Maria, beanster, TinyVol, etc.) and I think by now I could be considered a "regular" there since I've posted for six years. It's just like any other board that has been around for a long time. I've been posting there since before it was Scout and it was GridScape. I was in high school when I started posting.
:

You've disagreed with me a LOT. I got over it.

Voluble2 You are so correct. Pretension,condensation,and hypocrisy caused the crash of the summitt. I will miss reading the posts there. I also, never gained the "in" status. Between "queen" maria and volcrazy89, they kept the board stirred up all the time.

First of all, what "crash" are you talking about? The board went premium because it was the site owner's choice in doing so. And the board is a much better place without all the baiters and trolls -- UT fans and non-UT fans alike.

I'm going to take a flying leap and say you two were never "in" because you two were two of the notorious troublemakers on the board. It's certainly your prerogative if you want to act like an ass on the Internet, but don't get pissed off if people avoid you because of it.

I'm sure voluble has totally forgotten when he had a fit after SWG left and he said the LVs would never win any kind of championship, including the SEC, ever again. When Maria asked him if he was willing to place a bet on it (i.e. she called him out on his ridiculous statement), he went off on some bizarre rant about gambling. Not to mention his posts about Pat's sexual orientation on other boards.

I don't remember much about you other than you pretty much never had anything of substance to say. And when you were saying something it was trying to cause a fight, and when you got a response, you were nowhere to be found. You were off hiding, presumably because someone is *gasp* as snarky as you are.

Lastly until you provide some examples on this "stirring up", you just look butthurt over nothing (other than the obvious butthurt that you can't read the board). Don't worry, I'll wait. If you only knew how many times I have held my tongue on that board or how many posts I've had deleted for saying too much.

Last edited:
Hey ladyvols1 - Hang in here with us Summitt refugees and plain ole Lady Vol fans. I'm sure DP and VC meant no disrespect.

I'm actually kind of excited to have a free LV board like this one, and I hope lots of other LV fans come on board.

Tell Shirley I said hey

And how many of those are the Vols getting? Sure glad Holly took over

Well, they've got Jannah Tucker which is a great start. She's elite on both sides of the ball and her game is actually quite a bit like Kaela Davis.

I think our chances with Russell and Harper are solid. At this stage it's hard to gauge how solid they really are. July is a very important month in recruiting for girls' basketball.

I was wondering if The Lady Vols is recruiting NINA DAVIS (Memphis Central) (ESPN Top 60). She played with Kaela Davis this summer (FLIGHT). Coach Elzy was recruiting her to Kentucky before she left. The kid can play....... She is a rebounding machine. I hear she would love to be a LADY VOL. Also, she is the #1 player in the state of Tennesse 2013. (Risingupp.net) Please don't let her get away......

I was wondering if The Lady Vols is recruiting NINA DAVIS (Memphis Central) (ESPN Top 60). She played with Kaela Davis this summer (FLIGHT). Coach Elzy was recruiting her to Kentucky before she left. The kid can play....... She is a rebounding machine. I hear she would love to be a LADY VOL. Also, she is the #1 player in the state of Tennesse 2013. (Risingupp.net) Please don't let her get away......[/QUOTE

There have been some really good players out of Memphis, and the area, but UT never seems to recruit. Nicki McCrae and Lauren Avant are the only ones I recall. Surely though, UT has to be looking at the #1 player in the state.

As you mention Nikki McCray (South Carolina), from what I understand she is recruiting Nina Davis pretty tough!!!! Nikki is a GREAT recruiter and an AWESOME Coach. I hope Coach Elzy is in contact with Nina Davis at Memphis Central High School. I hope UT doesn't let her get away.......

VN Store

Back