Justified

Anybody notice the name of the dog grooming business on Duffy's truck? Very funny.

I laughed out loud when I saw Loretta duck behind under the dash.

Caught the name of Duffy's van

I'm at peace with everything except Raylan's new hat.

Banshee is good but not the same.

The only thing that kinda bugged me was after all that mushy stuff with Winnona earlier in the season and how she wanted to be with him, they still ended up not together?

The only thing that kinda bugged me was after all that mushy stuff with Winnona earlier in the season and how she wanted to be with him, they still ended up not together?

We knew that was going to happen in the end.

I loved the whole last scene with Boyd and Raylan. Raylan lying to him about Ava, not just to protect her but to give him a false sense of closure, because we know he's going to be in there a long time, and the thoughts of revenge can do some terrible things to the mind in the regular world, let alone in prison.

But the last line, "We dug coal together."

Coming from a family who's males have all worked their asses off most of their life and me being one of the first in college, I can absolutely see the mutual respect two people would have from an ordeal like that.

I also loved the subversion of them playing Never Leave Harlan Alive right before the shootout, as every time its been played in this series someone was dying, just died, or about to die. Really made you think for even half a second they might consider killing Raylan or Ava there.

My only complaint was how Boyd reverted back to the Bible-thumping profit that he so vehemently despised over the last few seasons. If he was anything, he was a man of principles and I thought that him reverting back made him seem more trivial than principled.

Maybe grasping at straws here but, just a thought.

The last line "we dug coal together" was flawless, however.

My only complaint was how Boyd reverted back to the Bible-thumping profit that he so vehemently despised over the last few seasons. If he was anything, he was a man of principles and I thought that him reverting back made him seem more trivial than principled.

Raylan said this act is kind of repetive which was funny

He's got nothing else to do in prison. He's just entertaining himself. Plus, we all know Boyd likes to hear himself talk so this gives him a reason.

Eh. Just hearing it described it sounds like something I'd avoid. I do enjoy chaos but in moderation. I prefer a more subtle approach.

I'd still recommend giving it a shot. Some of the fight scenes are ridiculously over the top (in the absolutely best way possible) but the show, in and of itself, is not. As a comparison to Justified, the dialogue isn't as good but, then again, it wasn't written by the likes of Elmore Leonard so that's not really surprising. That being said, the dialogue isn't a weak point by any means and one of the characters has almost as many good lines as Boyd Crowder.

Boyd does what's best for Boyd. He's not going anywhere so become a king in prison.

Plus I loved his sermon.

Eh. Just hearing it described it sounds like something I'd avoid. I do enjoy chaos but in moderation. I prefer a more subtle approach.

It's not as chaotic as we made it sound, though it does have chaotic moments. I'd suggest giving it a shot, everyone I've suggested it to loves it. FWIW I'm not that big on action films/ shows and I think it's great. One of the best shows on TV and criminally underrated.

I'd still recommend giving it a shot. Some of the fight scenes are ridiculously over the top (in the absolutely best way possible) but the show, in and of itself, is not. As a comparison to Justified, the dialogue isn't as good but, then again, it wasn't written by the likes of Elmore Leonard so that's not really surprising. That being said, the dialogue isn't a weak point by any means and one of the characters has almost as many good lines as Boyd Crowder.

This. Not many shows are going to have Justified dialogue but it's still solid. Plus every character is really good.

I laughed out loud when I saw Loretta duck behind under the dash.

Caught the name of Duffy's van

I'm at peace with everything except Raylan's new hat.

Banshee is good but not the same.

Wasn't it the hat that that new "gunslinger" wore? So Raylen took it as sort of a trophy. Interesting note: the hat was likely a tribute to Elmore Leonard. I read a review of the episode and the reviewer had had an interview with Leonard a couple years ago and Leonard was very happy with the show except he didn't like Raylen's hat. He thought it was too big. So the new hat is more like what Leonard envisioned.

Banshee? Seen it. Not even close. It's a fine show but acting is poor and it is "skinamaxed" up for pay cable. That's fine and I enjoyed the show, but nowhere near the same level as Justified.

Gonna miss this show. Some of the best writing ever. Probably liked season two the best but the scene in the Barn after Boyd shot Markum is one of the best. The back and forth between Rayland and Boyd is what made the show great.

Wasn't it the hat that that new "gunslinger" wore? So Raylen took it as sort of a trophy. Interesting note: the hat was likely a tribute to Elmore Leonard. I read a review of the episode and the reviewer had had an interview with Leonard a couple years ago and Leonard was very happy with the show except he didn't like Raylen's hat. He thought it was too big. So the new hat is more like what Leonard envisioned.

Banshee? Seen it. Not even close. It's a fine show but acting is poor and it is "skinamaxed" up for pay cable. That's fine and I enjoyed the show, but nowhere near the same level as Justified.

The only season of Justified that could compete with Banshee was like season 3 I think.

The only season of Justified that could compete with Banshee was like season 3 I think.

Maybe as far as crazy **** happening.

But the best season of Justified (Season 2) is better than just about any season of any show on TV. It's up there with the last season of Breaking Bad as far as how good it is from episode 1 to the end.

Maybe as far as crazy **** happening.

But the best season of Justified (Season 2) is better than just about any season of any show on TV. It's up there with the last season of Breaking Bad as far as how good it is from episode 1 to the end.

Maybe that's the one I'm thinking of. It's been a few years since then. :)

VN Store

Back