Just watched UT v UF 6 days late

You better hope Joey Hazel doesn’t see this post. He did his best butch jones impersonation and lectured the media a couple of days ago. He let everybody know that he’s a coach, so he knows what we all are unable to comprehend. That of course is that Milton is playing the position at an extremely high level. Lol. I don’t know if she’s incredibly talented to have been able to pull off that statement with a straight face or if he is so slow we should all feel sorry for him.
Heupel said the same thing the day before to press

Worst interception I've seen by any Tennessee QB in a very long time and it indicates the level of fear that Milton is playing with. It was a total moment of utter panic from him.

Yeah the oline ain't doing him many favors but my god he holds onto the ball way too long and is timid asf looking out there.
That was definitely a pretty bad int. My opinion, the offensive line with presnap penalties. The wide receivers are guilty of the false starts as well. The defense in whole and Offensive play calling are issues that directly contributed to the teams lack of success before qb play @ least in that game.

Worst interception I've seen by any Tennessee QB in a very long time and it indicates the level of fear that Milton is playing with. It was a total moment of utter panic from him.

Yeah the oline ain't doing him many favors but my god he holds onto the ball way too long and is timid asf looking out there.
It reminded me of a Guarantano bone-headed play.

Reactions: Crunch
The list of issues in the game are LONG...

No run game due to poor OL play
No pass game due to poor OL play (far bigger issue than Joe)
Procedure penalties putting offense behind the chains.
Interception. Joe should not have thrown and line should have blocked better.
Couldn't stop the Florida run game.
Poor linebacker play due to the inexperience of Carter and Herring. trouble lining up and then not executing.
Poor tackling and coverage by the DBs.
Over pursuit by DBs and LBs is really bad and contributes to the bad tackling.

You can't win SEC football games with that many issues.

Poor linebacker play due to the inexperience of Carter and Herring. trouble lining up and then not executing.

And almost half of the issues listed revolve around the play, or lack thereof, of the OL. It's been said....OL is a huge, huge need in the portal.

Reactions: CrazyUncleVol

You can't just blame the passing game on the oline. Yes they are terrible. But a 7th year QB shouldn't need a good oline to complete a forward pass vs Austin Peay. That Austin Peay game showed me how really bad Milton actually is.

And there were plenty of times in that game Milton got enough protection on his passes but still overthrew it.

I've noticed whenever Tennessee has a terrible starting QB our fans always are in denial and always blame it exclusively on the oline.

We heard the EXACT SAME THING as excuses for why JG didn't perform well.

Newsflash....a good Qb makes a bad oline look decent. That's a FACT. You need a guy who is very good at feeling the pass rush and who has a quick release as well.

You also need a guy who can line up the offense quickly and correctly based on the defense formation in front of him to play away from the direction of the defense so to speak.

Look at UF's QB. Another experienced QB who actually has it upstairs unlike Milton. Mertz managed to have his offense lined up correctly every play and our pass rush was always coming from the wrong and opposite direction that they were running they plays on.

Reactions: TN1111
Rebuilding? How many seniors start on defence?
Defense. Offense
Slaughter. Small
Lally. Milton
McCullough. Keyton
Williams. McCoy
Burrell. Campbell
Hadden. Castles
Beasley. Crawford
Turnage. Mays
Baron. Davis
Simmons. Campbell Jr
Pili. Spraggins
McDonald. Lane
Walker. Warren
Garland
Thomas
Harrison

You can't just blame the passing game on the oline. Yes they are terrible. But a 7th year QB shouldn't need a good oline to complete a forward pass vs Austin Peay. That Austin Peay game showed me how really bad Milton actually is.

And there were plenty of times in that game Milton got enough protection on his passes but still overthrew it.

I've noticed whenever Tennessee has a terrible starting QB our fans always are in denial and always blame it exclusively on the oline.

We heard the EXACT SAME THING as excuses for why JG didn't perform well.

Newsflash....a good Qb makes a bad oline look decent. That's a FACT. You need a guy who is very good at feeling the pass rush and who has a quick release as well.

You also need a guy who can line up the offense quickly and correctly based on the defense formation in front of him to play away from the direction of the defense so to speak.

Look at UF's QB. Another experienced QB who actually has it upstairs unlike Milton. Mertz managed to have his offense lined up correctly every play and our pass rush was always coming from the wrong and opposite direction that they were running they plays on.

Joe is not great at all. Won't ever be and anyone expecting that set their expectations too high, just like with this team.

Joe played well enough to beat Florida minus the issues I listed. Not great, but good enough.

Much of the problem with getting plays off and moving quickly was due to the communication from the sideline. The overall play of the offense limited what CJH would prefer to do, move fast. See how they went about fixing things this week

My post had nothing to do with Peay game, Florida game only.

Milton is what he is and you will have him until UConn game more than likely. So keep your comments handy. :)

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

It was right up there with Ainge chucking the ball out of the LSU end zone.

Short version - that play was one in a LONG line of “did that just happen” and “you can’t make this stuff up” plays UT has pulled off against UF.

Cursed.

Reactions: CrazyUncleVol

Maybe we should make a list of worst INT.

I nominate Nate Peterman for his performance vs UF.

There is another thread about him being cut from NFL Bears.

Milton's interception literally flipped the field on us lost us the game before it really even started. No idea why more people aren't addressing this.

You can't go down two scores in the swamp off a turnover and expect to win. You just can't.
Milton locked on the wrong receiver. Had a guy open shorter. Never looked.

Maybe we should make a list of worst INT.

I nominate Nate Peterman for his performance vs UF.

There is another thread about him being cut from NFL Bears.
He had a 400 LBer about ready to bury him. Couldn’t exactly step into the throw. But he was still throwing into double coverage.

He had a 400 LBer about ready to bury him. Couldn’t exactly step into the throw. But he was still throwing into double coverage.
Pretty sure if Joe slid a couple steps either way that whale would have sailed by. He stands too flat footed in the pocket.

My post had nothing to do with Peay game, Florida game only.

Milton is what he is and you will have him until UConn game more than likely. So keep your comments handy. :)
They'll have hi-jacked every thread from the Football Forum to the Lady Vols Forum by UConn.

Milton's interception literally flipped the field on us lost us the game before it really even started. No idea why more people aren't addressing this.

You can't go down two scores in the swamp off a turnover and expect to win. You just can't.
Why did Milton throw the interception?? Do you think it might have had something to do with with a 400 lb nose man hitting him as he was throwing the ball? Cade mays not playing impacted the Florida game much more than Milton’s play did. Ollie Lane played awful, and proved he simply isn’t a d-1 lineman talent. Hopefully Mays decides to play today.

Reactions: ForeverfaithfulVOL

Yep. Unreal. The ONE thing you cannot do! I know it happened quickly in real time, but Joe has to eat it with that kind of heat coming rather than throwing on his heels. QB play 101.

I've watched this 3 times and the officials did nothing wrong except accidently kick the ball.

First official spots ball and kicks it going back to his position.

second official runs in and re-spots the ball to its original position. The official immediately backs out to his position.

at that point, Florida starting doing substitutions. Completely legal for them to do so.

Tennessee should have snapped the ball as soon as the official moved back to his position and Florida would have been flagged for off sides or too many players on the field resulting in a first down.

Kirk's screaming was wrong. What he was saying was wrong. After they looked at 3-4 times, they finally picked up that the official kicked the ball and Kirk was still saying they should not have "allowed" the substitution. But Kirk is wrong. Bill said that there was nothing done wrong and they continue with play and broadcast without discussing any more and the last discussion was several plays after the incident.

Tennessee sideline screwed up by not yelling out to snap the ball. Even if it landed on the ground and someone fell on for a loss, Florida would have been penalized as I stated above.

It is legal for the defense to substitute at any point in the game. Doesn't have to be only when offense substitutes.
That doesn't change that they kicked the ball though. Which changed when we could and did snap the ball, the second ref still had to reset, that sequence alone cost us 5-6 seconds, the fact it threw the offense off and they didn't snap it on time to get Florida the penalty is an irrelevant side effect after the fact

That doesn't change that they kicked the ball though. Which changed when we could and did snap the ball, the second ref still had to reset, that sequence alone cost us 5-6 seconds, the fact it threw the offense off and they didn't snap it on time to get Florida the penalty is an irrelevant side effect after the fact

LOL... no its not... snap it and get a first down. All they had to do after the reset. Very funny...

Reactions: jaxvol
LOL... no its not... snap it and get a first down. All they had to do after the reset. Very funny...
Sorry, but your wrong, the ref changed the outcome of the play and created confusion, its pretty simple lmao

VN Store

Back