Just met VFL Jabari Greer, talked Team 119

skasper06

Met him at the cornhole championships in Knoxville this morning while ESPN and Sportscenter were there. Aside from the cornhole tourney, we talked some good UT football. He said 10+ wins is where we will be but he admits he wears orange glasses. He said Pig Howard was one of his favorite players and said Cam Sutton will be better than he ever was and thought the reverse play Cam made in the O&W game was insane. He complimented Dobbs and Maggitt as well for their play and leadership. He said the fact that we return so many starters will play a big factor in our success this year and should give us a real advantage as well. Overall, the guy was probably one of the nicest and most genuine players I've met.

Can I at least get a "cool story bro?"

Reactions: 45 people
Met him at the cornhole championships in Knoxville this morning while ESPN and Sportscenter were there. Aside from the cornhole tourney, we talked some good UT football. He said 10+ wins is where we will be but he admits he wears orange glasses. He said Pig Howard was one of his favorite players and said Cam Sutton will be better than he ever was and thought the reverse play Cam made in the O&W game was insane. He complimented Dobbs and Maggitt as well for their play and leadership. He said the fact that we return so many starters will play a big factor in our success this year and should give us a real advantage as well. Overall, the guy was probably one of the nicest and most genuine players I've met.

Very cool story...

I've officially been on the 10 win train for awhile now. I truly believe this is the year UT busts back into college football's top tier... And stays there a good, long, long while.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't think there is any doubt that the Vols could hit the 10-win barrier, but everything is so dependent upon injuries. I realize it's that way for any team, but our depth is so thin at several spots, especially at QB and RB. Staying healthy is very important for Team 119 and could be the difference between 7-8 wins and 10 wins. #GBO

:bammer:

Reactions: 4 people
I've met him a couple of times at different events. He is a classy guy. He does so much to give back to the community. He represents UT well.

That's awesome, Skasper, glad for both you and him that you got some time together. :good!:

We oldies called that game bean bag toss. Whoever renamed it, had to have a wry sense of humor & I imagine was older than 40.

Reactions: 4 people
We oldies called that game bean bag toss. Whoever renamed it, had to have a wry sense of humor & I imagine was older than 40.
Yea if you happened to have cousins you visited in Alabama once in a blue moon as a kid and over the age of 40, you simply will not ever be caught dead playing a game called corn hole or have the words "let's play some corn hole!" ever pass your lips.:)

Reactions: 3 people

Actually, that is probably the best "COOL STORY BRO" I've read here on Vol Nation!

Also heard him say on SC when the were interviewing him that this was the first time he had been back to Knoxville in 10 years. Not a VFL, IMO. (Blue font)

I don't think there is any doubt that the Vols could hit the 10-win barrier, but everything is so dependent upon injuries. I realize it's that way for any team, but our depth is so thin at several spots, especially at QB and RB. Staying healthy is very important for Team 119 and could be the difference between 7-8 wins and 10 wins. #GBO

:bammer:

Agreed

8-4. We don't have the depth and injuries WILL happen. They always do.

VERY awesome story though! I hope he's right!

This 100% We run an offensive scheme that is very injury prone. Combine that with our questionable O-line and injuries are a serious cocern

VN Store

Back