Just lost ESPN on Spectrum

with Slings model you are not forced anything if you just want ESPN.
This is the way it should be and not package deals which is what Disney wants. I am not a Spectrum defender but they are right in pushing back against Disney's forced package deals. Not sure how other streaming services that offer ESPN are not being pushed into the same thing with Disney since they totally own ESPN. However this turns out could effect all streaming services.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
I think they are both bad. But in this case Charter has a point IMO. Disney is double dipping. Charter's position benefits consumers more. It's as simple as that. I realize their motivation isn't to help anyone. It's to maximize their profit. But in this specific instance their interests align with mine.

A restaurant supplier doesn't dictate a restaurants menu and force people to accept combinations of meals that they don't necessarily want.
Yeah I did some reading up. I think Charter should've gave their customers a heads up but I agree with them that Disney is wanting to double dip.

Any word on whether Saturdays whooping of Austin Peay will be carried on ESPN+, SECN+, or something else?

Yeah I did some reading up. I think Charter should've gave their customers a heads up but I agree with them that Disney is wanting to double dip.
The timing really stinks and it would have been nice to know a week or two ago. Went through this with Fox Sports channels and Sling last year. So it's not just Disney. With any of this stuff, I'm not on either side, I'm on my side.

Reactions: TheVolsFrog
The timing really stinks and it would have been nice to know a week or two ago. Went through this with Fox Sports channels and Sling last year. So it's not just Disney. With any of this stuff, I'm not on either side, I'm on my side.
Yup and you'll see this popup again with Sling and YT TV
Disney owns the majority of Hulu so the issue shouldn't show up there

Reactions: JCHateSteve
I got ESPN+ so I'll get to see it
If you have spectrum you won’t. ESPN+ ask for you cable provider to log into your account. I have ESPN+ account also I pay a monthly fee for. But when I had to upload my cable provider to the app when I sat it up to watch games.

If you switch to Youtube tv do you have to get an antenna for local channels: CBS, NBC etc
YouTube TV is having a special right now for like a 60 day free trial. And if you want an antenna for your local channels, I believe you may be able to buy one ay Walmart

You still have to stream through a cable provider. I've got Spectrum and ESPN+ wouldn't work for me then either.
I was told for the ones that have spectrum cable that if you download the spectrum app it will still allow you to steam it through the app. Not sure exactly how that works, but it’s worth a shot for folks with smart TV’s.

If you have spectrum you won’t. ESPN+ ask for you cable provider to log into your account. I have ESPN+ account also I pay a monthly fee for. But when I had to upload my cable provider to the app when I sat it up to watch games.

I just posted the same thing before I saw this. I've got Spectrum and since you have to stream through a provider, it wouldn't work for me either. I'm swapping to YoutubeTV.

You might not have it set up correctly or pushing the wrong stream, I have both Spectrum and ESPN+

When I choose the Tennessee game next week it will ask if I want to watch on SEC+ or ESPN+.

Reactions: TheVolsFrog
In this case the game is Streaming on ESPN+ it'll use your ESPN+ creds, if it's on ESPN/2/3 then it'll want your provider creds
Just like now I can watch the US Open Mens doubles but not the good matches like Coco and Taifoe which are on ESPN3 and will require my cable creds

Reactions: MAD
You might not have it set up correctly or pushing the wrong stream, I have both Spectrum and ESPN+

When I choose the Tennessee game next week it will ask if I want to watch on SEC+ or ESPN+.

Mine is the same. You have to use a provider when you log in and it won't work with Spectrum. No clue how you're getting it.

I understand that. But you still have to be logged into your cable provider to stream games, even if you have ESPN+/SEC+. I have Xfinity so it don’t bother me. But I know someone that tried to stream the game yesterday on the ESPN+ app and it would not let him due to being a spectrum customer

Correct it's actually on ESPN+ so it will stream

Reactions: MAD
I understand that. But you still have to be logged into your cable provider to stream games, even if you have ESPN+/SEC+. I have Xfinity so it don’t bother me. But I know someone that tried to stream the game yesterday on the ESPN+ app and it would not let him due to being a spectrum customer
He can't stream ESPN/2/3 but if it's on ESPN+ it will stream.
IF he goes on the app now and for the US open he can steam the Men's Double Third Round US Open because it's on ESPN+, the womens Gauff vs Wozniacki and mens Tiafoe vs Hijikata when are the two matches I want to watch but can't because they're on ESPN3 and not ESPN+

In this case the game is Streaming on ESPN+ it'll use your ESPN+ creds, if it's on ESPN/2/3 then it'll want your provider creds
Just like now I can watch the US Open Mens doubles but not the good matches like Coco and Taifoe which are on ESPN3 and will require my cable creds
I don’t know how. No matter what I watch it ask me for my TV provider regardless if I watch ESPN+ it ESPN. But I have Xfinity so I’m good. But I know people yesterday that was hot because they have ESPN+ subscription and would not allow them to watch the game. I also have a family member that downloaded the spectrum app on her smart TV and it let her stream it live through the app. Non of it makes sense to me.

He can't stream ESPN/2/3 but if it's on ESPN+ it will stream.
IF he goes on the app now and for the US open he can steam the Men's Double Third Round US Open because it's on ESPN+, the womens Gauff vs Wozniacki and mens Tiafoe vs Hijikata when are the two matches I want to watch but can't because they're on ESPN3 and not ESPN+
It’s corporate greed that’s killing everything non the less.

VN Store

Back