Just graduated Army Basic Training

Forgot to add that the DL is deeper and more talanted that it has been in many years. Maybe even a couple of decades.

Congratulations, thank you for your service. Where are you doing your AIT? If you have jump school I believe it’ll be Fort Brag next.

Reactions: malinoisvol
Congratulations and Thank you !

Not much has changed - Purdue is still a pain in the ass. Bama still sucks. Braves are in first place. Nico looks like a future superstar.

Thanks for your service and welcome back to the board.

1) 50% of the Men's basketball team will be new for '25.

2) Football team is poised for '25 CFP with playmakers everywhere.

3) New LadyVols leadership under new HC Kim Caldwell is taking shape.

4) LadyVol Softball and Men's Baseball are dominating - BaseVols are on course to "smash" Grand Slam total for a season!

5) Success is everywhere so enjoy these times as they don't last forever and take too long to return!
6) No one is expecting this season's BasketVols to make it past the Elite 8.

Congratulations & thanks for your service. I recall BCT in 1970 at Ft. Jackson SC. While there my aunt & uncle took me to see Tennessee vs. South Carolina in Columbia. Talk about exciting! Now you have Vol Nation to catch up on all things Big Orange. HOOAH! :cool:

Congrats tweak! A word of advice, start contributing to the BRS immediately. If you plan on doing the full 20 years I believe you have to contribute 15% for it to match the old traditional retirement; that number may have changed some since they started it so you should read up on it to be sure or find a good snco who knows.

Thanks for your service. Did Air Force basic training in September 1978 - San Antonio Texas. Got to see the world A little in my 4 years active duty. Denmark, France, Germany for 2 of those years, Monterey California, and the great Pacific Northwest at Tacoma, Washington. Loved every minute I was in but doubt I'd want to do it now. Good Luck to you!

Last edited:
Obviously I've been essentially cut off from the world, since February 5th, what all have I missed with our beloved Vols?
As a older veteran told my son when he joined the Marines, "Keep your head down and don't volunteer for anything." You'll get all the opportunities you need to be "volunteered" without raising your hand.

VN Store

Back