Just a Reminder for Those Freaking Out

I saw this posted on another site. Good info...

Since Urban has been hired, the Gators have had 24 arrests, including 9 felonies.

In that same period of time, Georgia has had 30 arrests with 4 felonies.

Don't know the numbers for Bama but they had a guy busted for armed robbery Saban's first year and Jimmy John's was slanging coke out of the football facility.

we will see how he handles it. i think he will do the right thing and none of the 3 will wear orange again.

Since Urban has been hired, the Gators have had 24 arrests, including 9 felonies.

Don't know the numbers for Bama but they had a guy busted for armed robbery Saban's first year and Jimmy John's was slanging coke out of the football facility.

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but in that same time span UT has had 20 arrests. Now Kiffin hasn't been here a year yet, so that number is kind of hollow...but the only real stat we can compare right now is how many arrests Meyer, Saban, and Richt had in their first year. Not sure about those numbers.

All that aside, once all the facts are sorted out, swift and harsh punishment from Kiffin would go a long way in this regard.

Good point LV. Sad to see this happen. CLK has set the tone from the beginning on attitudes and actions.

One of the biggest reason Meyer has ND fans who would never want to see him there is because of his lax handling of many of those issues.

Everyone is going to overreact LV. It's the way message boards are. There are very few who actually have the common sense to let things play out.

With that being said, Kiffin needs to go on every show possible and even call a press conference and come down hard for the time being. Perception is something that needs to be addressed now. He needs to state that all members involved are off the team pending further investigation. He really needs to handle this now, IMO.

Hate comparing rap sheets. Like we are going down to a level we dont want to be on anymore.

I agree that there is no need to freak out. While both Nu and JJ are great players and could be superstars in a few years, both have already been problems. Better to get rid of them now and actively recruit to fill those gaps now than later.

Will we will never miss Nuke; he was way overrated, But JJ is another story. I'm just glad he doesn't play QB.

It just sucks b/c i don't remember hearing about any of those UF arrests. Since its about UT, it seems like the national media is in a frenzy to get this reported as many times as possible. I don't get it. Anyone else feel this way?

It just sucks b/c i don't remember hearing about any of those UF arrests. Since its about UT, it seems like the national media is in a frenzy to get this reported as many times as possible. I don't get it. Anyone else feel this way?
I assure you that nobody following SEC football feels that way.

If it weren't for Jacksons former issues he is the only one that I could see let back on the team, that is of course with a very very long suspension. Nukees has just been an issue for the team most of the time he has been here and Edwards just needs to go. I wonder if they really expected to get away with that sh**. Every member of the vol family was hit hard and now almost every message board is having a field day on us. I hope the vols come ready to play Saturday because the only thing that can help lighten this blow is a win and better than that is to win out. If CLK can come out of this on top (my expectations on that are to win out and have a top 5 recruiting class) then he should be fine.

I'm tellin ya folks, It was those damn black jerseys...It brought out the gangsta in those kids :p

I just can't wrap my head around this. I would love to hear the conversation in that car before they pulled this stunt. How could they possibly think they were going to get away with it. Wtf, I just don't understand. . .

Is it possible that these players can go to another school (Florida) after being dismissed and serving their sentence?

Is it possible that these players can go to another school (Florida) after being dismissed and serving their sentence?

They will be out of shape and probably not have the least interest in playing football by the time they get out.

They will be out of shape and probably not have the least interest in playing football by the time they get out.

Out of shape? What is you think they would do in prison other than work out? I agree that they wouldn't be in perfect football shape but they would hardly be out of shape.

Out of shape? What is you think they would do in prison other than work out? I agree that they wouldn't be in perfect football shape but they would hardly be out of shape.

If convicted of Armed Robbery it won't matter what kind of shape they are in. The youngest they will be is 26. Can't see any big time programs taking a 26 year old with a record.

as long as these players are (understandably) selected based on their athletic ability and not much else, and then (somewhat understandably) treated with adulation that sometimes borders on worship, this kind of stuff is inevitable. everywhere.

Rumor I'm hearing is that the charges against JJ will be dropped as he was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. Not sure how reliable that is though.

VN Store

Back