'20 JUCO DE Jordan Davis (Mississippi State commit)

raw

Reactions: 2 people
he'll either get a lot better this summer or he will never sign with alabama

But but but he's not even rated. UT is the only school that finds diamonds in the rough and offers them early. Satan must be slipping he will be out of there in another year with this kind of recruiting.

When Saban finds a diamond in the rough they move to a 5 star, when Butch finds one he remains a 3 star.

Reactions: 1 person
When Saban finds a diamond in the rough they move to a 5 star, when Butch finds one he remains a 3 star.

True. Of course, every recruit that commits to Bama gets a bump. Seriously, does anyone remember a Bama commit dropping in the rankings?

Was this kid even on our radar?
Alabama lands commitment from 2018 defensive end Jordan Davis | AL.com
Jordan Davis, Southwind, Weak-Side Defensive End

Davis had no offers until performing well in drills at The Opening New Orleans last April, but Alabama was still just the 3rd program (after Memphis & Kenntucky) to offer this under-the-radar prospect. He ended up with a terrible SPARQ score in New Orleans (50.7, including a 5.29 40 and 4.67 shuttle) but Tide coaches told him they "love the way he runs to the football".

Soon to be recruited over.

I noticed something that may or may not end up being relevant. Seems that 247 listed our primary recruiter as Brady Hoke. But it listed Bama's as Billy Napier, who's now at ASU. I figure they've already changed his primary and 247 just doesn't have it down yet, but maybe that's why we threw our orange-colored hat back in the ring.

Scheduled to visit March 25 and talks about coming for a game this fall according to the 247 article. Sounds like we have a decent shot to flip here.

Scheduled to visit March 25 and talks about coming for a game this fall according to the 247 article. Sounds like we have a decent shot to flip here.

If he is good enough to try to flip, then do it. If one wants to flip him because he committed to Alabama, then that alone is not a good reason to try to flip him.

If he is good enough to try to flip, then do it. If one wants to flip him because he committed to Alabama, then that alone is not a good reason to try to flip him.

He looks pretty good to me. I would like to see a little more explosiveness, but he looks like a solid player. He has good size, and I think he's about to blow up. In just over a month, he's added offers from Tennessee, LSU, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi State, and Louisville.

“Other colleges are taking their chances, but I am still committed to Alabama,” Davis said while wearing Alabama gloves. “It’s still Roll Tide.”

LSU and Tennessee are coming after Davis the hardest.

“They want to support me and put me in their family.”

But Alabama still has the edge, in part because of how football-crazed the town and school are.
sbnation

As we've indicated earlier this week, Memphis DE Jordan Davis, who had previously scheduled to visit this weekend, will not be in town.

Davis is hoping to be in Knoxville the weekend of April 8th with fellow Memphis baller, Kundarrius Taylor. Also scheduled that weekend is Alontae Taylor. April 8th could be a pretty good size visit weekend for the Vols. On Sunday April 9th there is a camp at Alcoa High School which a good number of in-state prospects are expected to attend. Obviously, Tennessee would like them at their practice on Saturday before the camp on Sunday.

-VQ

Per a poster on VQ...

Talked to 4-star DE Jordan Davis' DC at Ala Coaching Clinic...He's going to Bama. Wouldn't worry to much about him flipping as of now. Also said his grades are shaky right now. Has some improvement to do.

Quick note on jordan davis...

the defensive end who's committed to Alabama says plans to visit Tennessee in June and is talking to either Walt wells or Brady Hoke daily.

Said he took notice of the Vols draft weekend and admits its give Vols more credibilty.

-Hubbs

Reactions: 15 people
Notes from NPA event today in Nashville...

Performance wise, Alabama commitment Jordan Davis looked to be in a class by himself as an edge rusher. He told us that he intends to visit Tennessee this summer and give the Vols a look, but that one may be hard to turn around.

-Rob Lewis

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back